Well better late than never! Due to a combination of abysmal WiFi and sloth, I didn't manage a live diary these past two weeks, so I've decided instead to do a compilation of 'best bits' so here goes nothing...Passengers
- Lizilu20, Automan, Daughter no2 and Batgirl.Flights
- Both ways with Easyjet, fab flight times, early am there and lunchtime back. No delay's other than 30mins both ways on the tarmac waiting for the slot as determined by air traffic control as apparently the skies were very full. This didn't seem like a delay at all as no sooner had the cabin crew done the demo's and safety checks, we were roaring down the runway.
Number of sick bags used by Bargirl = 1, number of white wines consumed = 8, JD and coke = 2, G+T = 4 (RETURN)
Number of extra slimline tonics purchased for the holiday stash = the full tray. Sorry Pax from row 3 onwards, you didn't get a look in but my slimline sundowner needs were greater than yours. Hamam
- Automan and I were Hamam virgins, no longer, after the starter package at the Elixir. We were exfoliated, pummelled, soaped, tickled, massaged, mud masked and slapped about a bit. Me by a very sweet, gentle and kind German lady called Julia. Automan by a very competent Thai lady who at one point seemed to be walking over his back and then I could actually hear her frenziedly smacking his flesh, the sound echoing through the marble walls.
Point of note. All is not as it seems on the Elixir advertisement of day guests welcome. We asked if our daughters could park their bums in the hotel while they waited for us. No worries, they ushered them to a cabana, gave them 2 towels and an hour or so later we collected them after having parted with £90.00 On our way out, they stopped us at reception. Wanted to charge us a hotel day rate for the girls waiting for us. No mention of this when they welcomed us in, or in May when they showed us round. Automan angrily paid up but I had to go back to the hamam as I'd forgotten my hair band. I decided to speak to the manager as I thought this seemed a trifle excessive and unreasonable. I got our money back after explaining that not only we had spent a lot of money already and he had 4 guests staying there for 3 nights at the recommendation of us, but he was very rude and the money was was virtually thrown back in my face.
Number of hotel barrings = 1 and it was only our first day! So our Fethiye friends arrived and we had to keep a low profile. We contemplated visiting them in disguise but decided against it. Think we will try a different Hamam next time which is a shame as it was excellent.Beverages
- Now that I've discovered that Sekersiz (pronounced she curses) means sugar free in Turkish, my eyes were a goggle at what I could mix in with my spirits. Along with the fevertree plane tonics, I was able to try new combos of lemon and lime Robinsons squeezy mixed with camlica lemonade and sekersiz limonata mixed with mineral water or on it's own. Marvellous.Pedicure
- Yasmin on the Kalamar road all the way. £10.00 for the best pedicure in town. Automan also had a haircut next door. He swears best cut, also eyebrow threading, exfoliation, steam facial sauna, blackhead removal mud pack and massage included - him not me!Dodgy tummies
= 2 Hideous disfiguring cold sores
= 1, moi Boat trips
Neptune with the super cute little Zak aged around 4, the son of the owners, mum Canadian so little Zak was bi-lingual and so entertaining. He greeted us onto the boat, took our shoes and held his hand out for me to alight into the cabin. Food good, lovely day out.
Yildiz3 - what can I say, the absolute best day out, we bobbed over to Kaputas too.
Number of sick bags used by Batgirl = 1Slips trips and falls
= 1 Batgirl singing away and not looking, fell full length of stairs. Thankfully she survived with a big fat toe to show off. Her false tan also turned her green with the chemicals from the pool, she will kill me for telling you but you may have already noticed her about town. Sweaty market trips
= 1 and that was enough. Spices bought, leather belts and bags of nuts. Oh how I love the nobby's nuts and the honey sesame flavoured ones.Beaches visited
= 1 Patara and dunes. We went at 8.30 am, perfect time to go. Number of soles blistered = 2, Automan got to the top of the dunes then realised he could hardly walk. I watched him dance back like he was treading on hot coals or the hobs in hell while I rested under the shade of a tree, accompanied by fag butts and beer cans. Such a shame people litter this gorgeous place.Nudity
= 2 We had a birds eye view on the honeymooners at the Regency from our balcony
I don't think they could see us, but boy we saw them. I had to confiscate the binoculars Bags
= 2. LV neverfull and a longchamp, both for £79.00 at BSG. Simply chic wanted £140.00 for the LV alone. Such a disparity in price. Takeaways
= 2 both from Cafe Vita and were deliciousRestaurants visited/b] - too may to count. As usual we enjoyed amazing food varying from Suleyman's shack to Aubergine. Slightly disappointed with Aubergine, maybe new chef? Fabulous steaks at Alternativ, Moussaka, Marina, Sade, and Gourmet. Recommend Aqua for lunch, also Yelken, Suleyman's and chillies. Fener x 2 for evening meal, cheap as chips and fab food. Kaya was as good as ever and seaport amazing. Kleo was good for evening meal too but low tables made for not as comfortable eating. Chinese very good but service a little haphazard but lovely and apologetic staff. Trio was amazing and a big shout out to Sami at La Terraza, fab host and scrummy meal. The Brothers was as yum as ever and I can definitely recommend Marley's. First trip but not the last. Whole meal was amazing. I'm sure I've forgotten some others.
Value for money this year - What can I say that hasn't already been said about the exchange rate making Kalkan even better value for money than ever. I'd like to think that we helped the economy a bit by giving back as much as we could. At least Automan thinks so as his bulging wallet is now well and truly empty.
Best Turkish Delight - Sweet Dreams without a doubt, Ibo buzzing about and serving the most delicious sweet treats and best bit is you can try before you buy.
Weight gained = half a stone
Dancing= 0 How could I without my partner in crime. We missed Shirl and Bob like you wouldn't believe.
And so endeth this years Kalkan jaunts. I'm sorry there were no live reports although I'm sure normal service will be resumed next time. Oh well back on countdown...