Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel Elixir  (Read 5762 times)

Offline highstreet54

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hotel Elixir
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
Morning all

Just returned from our very first time in Turkey.

Our hotel was the Elixir and we were very disappointed with it - the exception being the pool area.

Our room on the second floor was drab - no chairs in the room except for a stool by the dresing table. No full length mirror for Mrs HS to see herself before we went out.The bed was very poor quality and we ended up using pool side sun bed mattresses to soften the mattress. The balcony was a joke - two "directors" type chairs took up almost the whole area. Prices for drinks etc were exhorbitant and there was a notice forbidding guests to bring in their own drinks! One couple we know were invited to leave the hotel when they had the temerity to query the drinks bill!
The room was subject to noxious sewage smells - the solution suggested for this was to put plugs into the shower and sink wastes - and we had to ask for the plugs.

Was this a 4 star hotel? - on my ranking it barely scores 2.

The good point was that Cafe Vita - just down the road and run by Mustapha was much nicer - beer was 3ytl instead of 6 at the hotel. Most of the guests from the Elixir went there for lunch as well as dinner.

Meals outside of the hotel were excellent and we tried a number of establishments including the Atlantis run by Oz.

Will we come back - yes but not to the Elixir.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2322.0

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Hotel Elixir
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
Sorry to read about your hotel problems, but as you know there is a big choice of alternatives for your next visit.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Talk Talk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
Have you thought of hiring your  own villa next time then you will have your own pool, B.B.Q etc.
I don''t know anyone who has stayed at the Elixir, don''t even know where abouts it is....

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:02:59 PM »
...and make your own beds, breakfast, washing up,hope the pool''s been cleaned... Some of us like a bit of luxury on holiday     (I know, we pay for it!)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »
and have to put up with,no big old ladies getting their bits out, no screaming kids, being able to eat what
you want,when you want,not being ripped off for drinks,being able to use the pool when you want ,no
matter the time of day,no cleaners banging on your door at 10 am in the morning.

Some of us like a bit of luxury when on holiday you know.

Neil. ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »
...and make your own beds, breakfast, washing up,hope the pool''''s been cleaned... Some of us like a bit of luxury on holiday     (I know, we pay for it!)

That kind of service is not only available from hotels, you know. It is quite easy to find self-catering apartments/villas that have daily cleaning, daily pool maintenance and restaurant facilities available either on site or right next door.  You just have to open your mind a bit!

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Have to say whilst some hotels ok, asfiya I loved ,self catering in a villa or nice apartment is for me now I think it is far better, we have stayed in some amazing villa''s would be at least 4* standard, we have a light breakfast with lovely fresh tea or coffee, a second to make the bed, pool to our self, no late night guests coming and going.Fill the fridge up with cheap drinks from the supermarket saves a fortune, lunch at the beach clubs, evening meals in the village it is so easy, then when it is time to leave do all your washing get it dry out in the sun then pack. No messing when you get home.When we had a young family we self catered then a good few years in Hotels but now back to the wonderful freedom selfcatering brings, you dont have to make it hard work, even though we only use a few cups and saucers there is always the dishwasher if you dont want to washup. What do others think.
Anyway sorry you didnt like the Elixir and if you want a great hotel next year Asfiya is lovely.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
Villa v Hotel.......no contest... it''s villa all the way....fresh bread delivered every morning, pool cleaned  early AM, pool area swept twice a day.....relaxing around the pool without the distactions...stroll inside for a cold drink...... sitting on the terrace last thing at night sipping a JD & coke watching the moon on the bay......cant beat it.

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 10:05:55 PM »
We stayed at the Korsan Apartments and I have nothing but praise for them. Spacious, clean, well furnished, great pools , friendly staff  short walk to town etc etc!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
We stayed at the Korsan Apartments for the third time this summer and can''t recommend them enough. Although we really just use them as a base because we prefer the sea to a pool the place is spotless, the staff brilliant and it is so convenient for town.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
I would say all if not most of the hotels in Kalkan forbide guests to bring their own food & drinks into the hotels, this is where they make their money!! Also hotels worldwide are always more expensive on drinks, personally I never eat or drink in Hotels, far better places in Kalkan for that!

Stayed in several hotels in Kalkan but last year discovered the Samira Apartments just behind the hotel, four apartments in one complex, shared swimming pool, lovely & peaceful, no hassle to stay for a drink from the Samira staff, pool cleaned every day, apartment cleaned every other day, 2 minute walk from town centre, pure bliss, don''t think I could stay in a hotel ever again, unless it was the only option left!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
I agree lougie,those four apts are great,really big,plenty of room and every thing you need,I had one on the top floor in may,the balcony on the top floor has great views,and they are in a good place for the centre,roll on next may ,Im staying there again.

Neil. 8)

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
Are they bookable direct or through Thomas Cook?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »
hiya Alfaman,book them on thomas cooks web site,I asked at the samira how much they would be for june
when I was there in may and was told £550 for one week,I paid £80 for a week from 17 may this year and
£90 for same time next year,booked with t.c.

Neil.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
Is that £90 each and what about the flight?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Hotel Elixir/Samira Apts
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
Hiya Forever Kalkan,the apts cost me £80 for mysellf this year, and £90 for next may,for the apt,not each,
not bad for a three bed apt,sleeps six on two floors.The flight for next may cost me £126,and then we will have the transfer costs £100-£130.

Neil. >:D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:43:36 PM by fidimax »

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Hotel Elixir/Samira apts
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 03:31:24 PM »
OOPS,WHAT A NUMBTY,just four chaps in may,we are leaving the floosies at home until summer !

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:41:24 PM by fidimax »

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
Fidimax, didn''t know you can book separately, how do you do that?  thanks

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »
Fidimax, didn''''t know you can book separately, how do you do that?  thanks

What do you mean F.K ?                      Neil. ???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal