Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Location of villa.  (Read 2680 times)

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Location of villa.
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »
Hi! Hoping to holiday in Kalkan this year again. Found a lovely villa apparently it''s just in front of the school, been to Kalkan before but can''t picture where the school is situated. Just wondering how close to the restaurants etc the villa would be, stayed up on the Kalamar road last year and found the hills a bit of a struggle in the heat, ended up using taxi''s quite a lot, so we''re looking to stay somewhere more central this time. Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2908.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Location of villa.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
Hi Clara - does the villa have a name - somebody may be able to help more then!  yes - there are villas ''just in front of the school'' - I guess you mean the big green school.  Do you remember the thursday market - well opposite the thursday market - at right angles to the road you walk up to - to get to the thursday market is a hill which takes you up to the green school - the villas '' to the front of the school'' would be around to the left when you get to the top of this hill.  This area is pretty central to town with the minimum of hills - you wont get much closer than that - but depending exactly where the villa is - it might be quicker to walk down towards the Kalamar road (how far along the Kalamar road did you stay before..??) than to walk down to where the market is to walk into town....either way - you will have 1 steep hill to negotiate - but it could be worse..!!!

I hope that helps a little..!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
Hi Clara - my friend and I stayed in a villa near the school a couple of years ago.  It was ok going down to town (as Felicity says it can be better heading for Kalamar road rather than across to the main road near the market) but as it was July we did need to use taxis to get back, both in the heat of the day and at night after dinner and drinks!

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
Cheers for your answers, all very helpful, given us more of an idea about the location of the villa near the school, we''ve also found another villa a semi called Oleander which seems in the photos on the website to be only about five minutes or so walk down a gentle slope to the bars etc, don''t know if anyone knows of this one. Thanks again!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Help with villa location

Started by ladybird on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Villa location?

Started by clara48 on Accommodation and Hotels

18 Replies
Last post January 13, 2010, 08:32:48 PM
by clara48
xx
Villa location

Started by dblma on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post February 22, 2009, 07:53:15 AM
by dblma
xx
Villa Rosa location

Started by Tom on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post November 27, 2009, 10:03:16 AM
by dwieling

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In Town at Night

Views: 2516
By: Pompeyalbie
Dionysia Pool