Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: May visit  (Read 5902 times)

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
May visit
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
Hello all,

I''m planning a trip for May this year, with my two children. We normally stay in a villa, but my daughter insists that this year we should stay in a hotel close to all amenities (she doesn''t like walking up big hills!). I''ve had a quote for the Pirat from travelrepublic, who''ve given me a price for a double room, 1 adult and 2 children.

Has anyone stopped there, and if so how big are the rooms? I''m a bit concerned it may be a bit cramped. On the plus side, after staying high up on the hills beyond the petrol station, staying right near the harbour, will allow us to see the place in a new perspective. Roll on May, any advise appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2917.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: May visit
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »
why not try the Samira hotel...or the Meldi? both near town,i''m sure someone will pop the links on?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:58 PM »
I would definitely stay at the Meldi - I dont really know anybody who has really rated the Pirat - but I guess it depends on how high are your expectations and how much you''ve paid too I guess..!!  It used to be (still is...???????) a thomson hotel...so IMHO - that does sum it up a bit.

try www.meldihotel.com - it is one of the nearest hotels to town but yes - your daughter will have to walk up some hills to the Kalamar road....tell her to stop complaining - she is getting a free holiday..!!!  >:D >:D  They also do 3 bedded rooms at the Meldi and you will find it such a welcoming friendly place especially as a single mum travelling with kids!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »
Hi,
What about a 1 bed apartment at Samira. You would then be able to have a bit more room.
R.

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »
Have you thought about looking rental sights for accomodation specifically in the Old Town? We found ours that way both for last year and this. We found very centrally located accomodation. See the link below.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/kalkan-old-town.htm

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »
Yes,lots of apartments in town behind moonlight bar up to adda store/supermarket,I have rented one for aug,4 mins from centre,and it is about 4 mins ,I walked it last year. ;D 8) >:D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »
Unless you are going to stay in the harbour for your entire holiday, your daughter will still have to do hills at some point  ???
There are lots of places to stay close to the centre - The Sevgi is pretty central if it has to be a hotel or the Asiyan isn''t too far out... and as Fidimax says there''s loads of apartments which will give you more space.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:26:15 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. Yes, you''re right - my daughter should appreciate walking up big hills, or I should leave her at home!  >:D

Thanks, Felicity, for putting me on to the Meldi. I''ve been in contact with them and the rates seem pretty fair. Has anyone stayed there and give any feedback?

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »
Hi
Why don''t you try Tripadvisor for indipendant reviews of the Meldi Hotel (or any other)?
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297964-d584702-Reviews-Meldi_Hotel-Kalkan_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html
Em
Em

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
Hi - I have stayed at the Meldi and now they are such good friends that I still visit even though we have our own villa - and have a bar tab there and my kids spend loads of time there...so I can thoroughly recommend the staff, the food and even the guests that return year after year - just like a big family!  :D

Cheers!

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
Sounds like an invitation to use Felicitys bar tab.Tell all those terrible Thomson holidaymakers.

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies. After much research involving accomodation and flights I''ve decided to go for the Hotel Dionysia. Although the Meldi looked fine I really struggled to find a good value for money flight to coincide with the accomodation. It has actually worked out cheaper to go for a "package" at the Hotel Dionysia through Holidays4U (Onur Air). The flight times are great from Leeds/Bradford and the hotel seems to get favourable reviews on here and elsewhere.

Basically, all my criteria have been met. Good flight times, hotel close to the center, although I was initially looking for a 10 night holiday, but this is 14 nights.

Has anyone any info/reviews about the Hotel Dionysia? Has anyone booked through Holidays4U? Or used Onur Air?

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
I went to Hotel Dionysa through Holidays4U a couple of years ago in May.  The hotel is simple but clean and friendly - and of course the location is just perfect.  The flights were delayed a couple of hours both on the way out and coming back but as that was the only time I''ve flown with Onur Air I don''t know if I was just unfortunate on that occasion.  The transfers were very efficient - I was travelling alone and had a taxi to myself all the way from Dalaman to Kalkan and a minibus with one other couple on the way back.  It was all excellent value for money.  You''ll have a grand time!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
first visit

Started by westie1952 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 12:58:29 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Second visit - even better than the first

Started by admgriffin on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 01:39:15 PM
by Ryss
xx
first visit - but not the last

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 11:05:59 AM
by bowbad
xx
2nd visit

Started by susie126 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 12:49:45 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal