Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Deluxe Apartments  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Samira Deluxe Apartments
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:08:42 PM »
Has anyone ever been to the Samira Deluxe Apartments in Kalkan, only can,t find much feedback on them, a little worried that my 2 teenagers might be the only 2 there in late july early august. Any info would be really appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=991.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Samira Deluxe Apartments
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:18:36 PM »
my other half went there on a cancelation in October with a friend,they had a great time and said the staff were brilliant and that the prices were very good for food and drink.They were also glad of the free bus shuttle into the village (only 5 mins away.. but uphill on the way back) ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
Hiya

We stayed in the Samira Deluxe for 10 days at the end of October when we were furnishing our apartment and couldn''t fault it.

We had a one bedroom apartment because there was only 2 of us and it was a good size (it would have been too small for any more though).  The apartment was spotlessly clean and bedding was changed every couple of days.

We ate at the Samira a few times for breakfast, lunch and also dinner and there were no problems with any of the meals although perhaps it wasn''t as good as some of the restaurants in the village.

But THE absolutely BEST thing about the Samira is its staff.  We could not fault any of them and nothing was too much trouble for any of them.  In fact one day, one of the chefs made us bacon butties in his own apartment and brought them to our room when the kitchen of the cafe bar was closed because it was pouring down with rain. FANTASTIC. ;D

It is quite a treck uphill on the way back from the village but we usually got a taxi.  I know some people find them expensive but they were worth it for us (especially after a few drinkies). 
You may find that booking direct with them and booking your flights separately works out cheaper that booking a package - it was for us. I know that they will arrange transfers too.

Hope that this helps.

Kay
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:34:50 PM »
Hi Karen

If you look at the 2nd page of questions on this Accommodation and Hotels page you will see a Samira Deluxe Apartments thread from 2007. This might be of some help.
We stayed at The Samira Deluxe in August 2006 and have booked to return for 17 days in August 2008 and cant wait to get back there.
I was in Kalkan in September 2007 but stayed at the Pirat purely because I travelled alone and wanted accommodation in the centre without having to get a minibus or Taxi or have a very steep walk up that hill to the Samira!!!
Let me know if you have any more specific questions you need answered and I will try my best. I''m sure you will have a fantastic time.

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:44:54 AM »
Hi Karen
We stayed at Samira Deluxe last year and have re-booked for 2008 - it is great! Staff are so friendly and we had a great time. , You are a little up the hill which has the advantage of a welcomed  breeze and the  view is superb but it  means a shuttle bus or Taxi back from the Village (unless you can manage the walk - We walked a couple of times but is hard work )
The rooms are very clean, the food is OK (but  not as good as a roof terrace restaurant in the Village, of which there are many)

Our Daughter was 17 last year and her cousin was 14 and are both coming again this Year. They met up with a crowd of other teenagers (mainly lads!) who were staying in local Villas. They were all welcomed at the Samira.
These friends are regular Kalkaners (or should that be Kalkanies),they have kept in touch and will be meeting up again this year. We will be flying from Birmingham 24th July for 2 weeks. So your 2 teenagers will have company. In fact there were a number of teenagers around during our last visit.

We booked the rooms directly with the Samira and booked the flights separately, This worked out a lot cheaper because we booked flights early and got them at a bargain price.
Any other questions, feelfree to ask. (Samira Deluxe website is http://www.samiradeluxe.com/)

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »
A very good deal for the Samira de lux & also the Samira can be had on www.travelrepublic.co.uk Quite a lot cheaper than booking direct with hotel.I think they make up the difference on transfers which are very expensive,but of course you don''t have to use these.Better to book on this site with Addatours.

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:05 PM »
Thanks to everyone who replied to me, To Bluefudge we will be arriving early evening on the 28th July so we will see you there, just hope my 2 don''t go all shy on me and we can get them all hooked up, so us adults can enjoy ourselves!!!  ;D

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »
Sounds Like a plan Karen - see you there!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments

Started by marmitegirl on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 05:22:19 PM
by craig3166
xx
Location of Samira Deluxe apartments

Started by kasska on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 12:48:42 PM
by pas8
recycled
Samira deluxe apartments (One last question!!)

Started by Mitch17a on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 20, 2009, 10:32:13 AM
by fitwenchdidyell

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Lunch at Adam's

Views: 2826
By: Pompeyalbie
Kalkan