Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: villa Hosgor in Islamlar  (Read 9102 times)

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
villa Hosgor in Islamlar
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
Has anyone stayed in this villa at all? It is in the new tapestry brochure but I think they used to have it before anyway? Stayed at Kleo cottages last year on a last minute deal and wanted to return but the prices are way more expensive than the tapestry villas (kleo is with Exclusive escapes). Has anyone travelled with Tapestry last year?Are they all OK again? Loved Islamlar with its easy access to Kalkan and found the info on this forum very useful in making a decision. Any info on the villa or the owner who sounds lovely - will cook for you if you want - appreciated.

Mr s B

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=901.0

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: villa Hosgor in Islamlar
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »
Hi Mr S B

yes we stayed at the Villa Hosgor last year.  We had stayed in Islamlar three times before that, at Gul Evi, which also used to be with Tapestry.  Villa Hosgor is lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean, and it has character.  The views are fabulous, and the owner, Serife, is a wonderful cook.  We ate in most evenings, and they made their own bread which they brought each morning.  There are other houses and villas nearby, so the pool area didn''t feel as private as at Gul Evi, but the pool is quite a good size.  I would say it is more traditional than luxurious, and we would stay there again, but now find it cheaper to book a private villa and flights.

Jayney 

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
Thanks for your swift reply Janey. It is the idea of Serife''s cooking and the home made bread that sounds appealing! Also I like the rustic over luxurious.Was going to stay in Kalkan itself this year as we have 2 teenage sons (18 and 19) coming and looked at options of renting and arranging flights but choosing a villa became too much hard work on all the owners websites and then in Kalkan you do not get the space around you that you do in the mountains so the compromise is that we will go in to pick them up if they have late nights out or pay for taxi''s!! I just loved the mountain scenery around Islamlar. I asked tapestry for its location and it doesn''t sound too far away from the local restaurants by car as I loved the ones in the village. It is not too overlooked is it as I can get a bit antisocial on holiday!!!!! Any more info appreciated and thanks again.

Mrs Baggie ( space in wrong place on first post!)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »
Mrs Baggie Islamlar is beautiful but are you sure 2 teenage boys would want to spend a week (or maybe it''s 2 weeks) there?? I think you''ll be doing lots of pick ups or paying a lot for taxis!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »
I quite agree Charlie - my 2 teenagers would absolutely hate being stuck in the isolation of Islamar...they absolutely love simply being able to wander into town to go shopping, go see people, go pick up some groceries - just have that bit of freedom.... never mind the late nights and taxi rides (which in my case - would be nightly pickups at some crazy hour of the morning from the yacht point which after 1 week (never mind 2 weeks) will sorely add to your costs..!   :(  I think that the ''hard work'' of picking a villa (suitably closely located to town) and arranging your flights will make for a much happier holiday all round - and many of the villas are not overlooked and have a fair amount of space..we are not all jammed in like sardines - I would not have bought somewhere which was like that - although I do appreciate that it is not like the spaciousness (and coolness!!) of Islamar!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »
Mrs Baggie,

we have three teenage daughters, 17, 18 and just 20, and our compromise was that we would spend the first week in Islamlar, and the second in Kalkan.  We rented a large villa in the old town, which was perfect for us, and gave the girls some freedom to come and go as they pleased.  We have done this for the past 4 years now and it has worked very well for us, although we have given in and booked two weeks in Kalkan next year, as it may be the last time all the girls will come with us and they prefer to spend their evenings at the Yacht Point etc.
To give you an idea of the location of Villa Hosgor from the Kleo Cottages, you carry on up towards Islamlar, past Mahmouts restaurant, then turn left along the track by the school buildings.  I guess it''s about half a mile or so and about 5 minutes drive along the track, then turn left to the Villa.
It''s not overlooked as such, but there are other villas about 100 yards away.
We love Islamlar, and the Degirmen restaurant is our favourite.
Just ask if there is anything else you want to know,

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
Great compromise Jayney!

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »
Thanks for all the posts.I gave my sons the option of a week in Islamlar (one stayed with us at kleo cottages there last year for a week) and one in Kalkan before posting but they said they could not be bothered to pack up and move half way through the holiday. Jayney - I loved all the  restaurants in Islamlar! especially the small one (next to your favorite I think)on the bend where he did not have a menu but his wife, niece, daughter etc cooked the most wonderful meze. Must admit I think the mountains are winning but intend to spend alot of time at the beach clubs etc. Have seen some lovely looking villas in kalkan but I just love countryside around me. Already lookin forward to a few roof top meals! Roll on June

Offline bluefish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »
Hi Baggies,

If you havnt already booked, it is worth phoning Exclusive Escapes as quite often the cost of the holiday is less than advertised in the brochure.  Villa Hosgur is in a great location but it is easier to drive to Kalkan from the Kleo Cottages.

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:16 PM »
Good idea. Will speak to Exclusive as Kleo cottages were superb but £1000 more than Hosgor! . Jayney if you look at this again which villa did you stay in in Kalkan itself?

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
Hi Baggies,

although we booked the flights and first week with Tapestry, we booked a private villa ourselves through the internet for the second week.  We stayed at Kulenin Evi, in fact we have stayed there twice now.  It''s a lovely villa in an excellent location in the old town, and I would recommend it.

Jayney

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Islamlar

Started by travel_addicted on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 07:26:37 PM
by travel_addicted
xx
Islamlar Suggestions

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 08, 2015, 10:17:35 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Tapu in Islamlar?

Started by headroom on Buying A Property & Real Estate

4 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 02:18:48 PM
by headroom
xx
Chops - Islamlar

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 06:40:35 PM
by Mercimek

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Fresh Fish

Views: 2830
By: Pompeyalbie
Kalkan Cat