Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Villas - When should I book for 2019?  (Read 3942 times)

Offline MightyAphrodite

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Villas - When should I book for 2019?
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
Hello! Haven't shown my face on here for quite a while...it's good to be back  ;D
We are looking to book a villa for 2 weeks in July 2019 but looking on Owner's Direct and other sites most villa owners don't have next year's prices on their properties yet.
When you do a search for next July, the prices all seem to be set at the off-season low rate - we got very excited at how low some of the prices were. Then we contacted a few owners and were told the price would be double or triple the amount that Owner's Direct was quoting us!
So my question is - how far ahead do most of you book your accommodation? The flights we want are pretty reasonable at the mo so we're keen to get booked. One rental company that has several lovely properties we are interested in has told us they won't be taking bookings until October as that is when their owners will be setting prices for next summer.  ??? This seems to be a bit late to me - or is this normal?
We've been to Kalkan a few times over the years but always stayed in hotels so this is our first experience of booking private accommodation. Any advice would be appreciated  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13949.0

Offline Mike

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Villas - When should I book for 2019?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »
Hi MightyAphrodite, 

A Villa rental is a different experience (especially for 2 weeks) if you prefer more freedom and privacy with your own space and pool even if you eat out a lot. We have not set our rates yet for 2019 but we would be prepared to give you a really good early booking rate if our 3 bed villa is suitable for you.  PM or contact us via the link if interested.

https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/6138

Whichever villa you choose i think you will soon find the benefits will work better for you and your family or friends. Enjoy  8)!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
I agree - book now for early bird rates AND book direct NOT through Owners Direct who rip both the renter and the owner. I will hold 2018 rates for 2019 and am taking bookings - so if you are looking for a 4 bed, 4 bath villa and a location close to town - please take a look! www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Cheers!

Felicity
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
We have already booked for September 2019 for 4 week & got a reasonable discount too. Flight booked with Jet2, saving over £200.00 on this years prices!!. We booked with Turquoise collection, who were very helpful.

Offline MightyAphrodite

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. Felicity & Mike - thank you so much for suggesting your lovely properties - they are both stunning, but unfortunately a little larger than we need (it is just the 2 of us this trip).
We have managed to find a great small villa today and managed to book direct with the owner as you suggested - much better to cut out the middle man. They have given us a good rate for booking early.
We are certainly looking forward to a much more chilled experience as the villa is very private - just 14 months to wait...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
JET2 - to book or not to book?

Started by trolleyhead on Flights and Travel

32 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 09:41:41 PM
by helen1
xx
Holiday Over for 2019

Started by NormskiD on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 08, 2019, 04:55:37 PM
by cleworthallray
xx
Accomodation for 4 2019

Started by tonye1960 on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post October 10, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
by sun seeker
smiley
Your best meal 2019 was....

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 29, 2019, 12:44:02 PM
by cleworthallray

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm

Views: 3749
By: jinfizzz
Silly Face at KAYA BBQ