Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development  (Read 10949 times)

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
I have already been recommended Mavi Real Estate, any others please.  Does anyone know of Kalkan Hills development and if anything has been built there yet?  I have seen plans of it and some of the building designs and I do know that it overlooks Kalamar Bay.

Les

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=669.0

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Estate Agents/Kalkan Hills Development
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
Do you mean the LaVanta Development? There were some posts about this development a while ago. Bridget at Blacklions has details on this.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »
Thank you for that, I will make a note of Blacklions and see what turns up.

Les

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »
Hi Cruisecontroller

Search For 2balcklions on Google to find Bridget she will almost certainly have info on the property you are interested in.

Regards  Buster
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
IS Kalkan Hills - the same as La Vanta - if so - I don''t think you want to buy there - it is SOOOO VASTLY overpriced and way out of town..OK - it is a mini village all to itself with a shuttle to town as I understand - but I think proximity is vital - especially if you are staying at the Nur..... :o
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
By coincidence a friend of mine is helping with the PR on LaVanta. I have seen a plan of the development and details of the villas/appartments on offer.

They are very high specification all round with a lot of on site facilities and clearly aimed at the luxury end of the market. As to their being overerpriced I understand that just about the whole first phase is sold out before a brick has been laid so if anything they must have been underpriced.

Not sure whether they will be good or bad for Kalkan, personally I don''t like the sterile atmosphere of gated developments but each to their own

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »
Im with you too Alantj - I don''t like the gated/out of town complex idea - but each to his own.  As to them being overpriced - I was simply comparing them to the costs of villas and apartments in kalkan - which although are going up in price and there are some very pricey ones around - in general the prices are way less than the LaVanta complex.  I could hardly afford the smallest 2 bed apart for the price of our villa (which we only bought last year) - so the reason for my comment.  I guess they must have good marketing and pr to have sold all the first phase when so much of Kalkan lies unsold..  ??? ???  As regards the effect on Kalkan - I don''t really know - I hope that the visitors venture out of their complex to enjoy the lovely restaurants in Kalkan - who need their trade - but how else it will affect Kalkan...??  ???

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
Some may consider Club Patara a gated development and I have to say that we nearly always go in to Kalkan for meals etc

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:19:52 PM »
I am advised by a very reliable source that only reservation deposits have been taken on the first phase of this development and that it is expected that not all of these so called reservations will develop into actual sales.  There is a big difference between paying out a reservation fee and then stumping up the full amount at a later date.  Strictly speaking therefore phase 1 is not sold out despite what the PR people might say.

It is quite common in other European markets for the developer to have speculators reserve property in the hope that they can sell on at a profit very soon after completion.  I suspect some of this may be happening here.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »
You could say that about most large developments. It happens in this country too, but only works if prices do actually go up, so if a percentage of the reservations are from speculators you could argue that this just confirms the view that they are underpriced.

Anyway, I will be interested to see what happens but won''t be buying/investing myself.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »
You can be sure that whoever of those prospective La Vanta owners who are buying with intent to speculate, they expect prices will rise.  I think, maybe wrongly, that as more affluent people -- Turks, Russians and Middle Easterners -- move into this area, there will be a demand for more upmarket properties.  If and when that will be is the big unknown!  :D
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  I seem to think that the prices start at £65,000.  The complex is going to have a Hotel right in the middle of it.  For us, it was a case of curiosity killing the cat and that we would give them the once over when we come out next week but I am grateful for all your comments.  Not wishing to sound like a snob but we are looking to live among Turkish people if we make the move.  At the moment we are looking around different areas of Turkey.  Obviously it is a comfort to know that ex-pats are about to swap notes with should we need them.

Les

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 07:43:03 PM »
It will be very interesting to see whether the taxi drivers try to kill the shuttle bus from La Vanta. Obviously the shuttle bus is a good draw for people thinking of investing, and I''m sure the taxi mafia will relish getting stuck into the developer on this subject.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »
Ooheeer Baclava - you could be right - fisticuffs at La Vanta too - it will be interesting to see how they play that one out!!  Hopefully a local with be able to let us know some time in the future!!   :o

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »
Hi Cruise Controller,
I can recommend www.kalkanhorizon.com Lea is English, charges less commission and is very straight. We bought ours off Natural Estates who are also the architects. There office is on the Kalamar Road. They too were very good.

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 07:04:51 PM »
I second that we used Kalkan Horizon too.Soner and Lea both work hard to get the right home and deal for you.

Offline bibi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »
Yes Kalkan Hills is the same as Lavanta. I believe the developer is planning an open day in late October for English speakers where you can visit the site and see what it is all about.

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
Hi Wendy & clarborough,  Thank you for the tip about Horizon, your posts arrived whilst I was in Kalkan !!  As it turned out, we know Soner from last year and he recommended we go and see Lea.  We went out with them on two separate occasions and as you say, they did show us properties that were within our budget and good ones at that.  If we were to buy through them, then I certainly wouldn''t hesitate to be employing the carpenter they use, his work is fantastic.  We also went out with Barish from Hotel Nur, he showed us three very different places, two of which had very difficult accesses ie via VERY STEEP slopes, it is fine when you''re young and fit but not so clever in the twilight of your life.  For the time being we are taking stock and weighing up pros and cons.  In truth, time is on our side and we can afford to wait.  In the meantime if anything comes on the Market that Lea thinks we may be interested in she is going to send it through.  My thanks again to everyone for their advice.    Les
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 02:09:02 PM by Cruisecontroller »

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »
so les - did you go and see the Lavanta development..??  I''m intrigued - and must go and visit it sometime during the winter when I am out!!   :o

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »
Hi Felicity, Thanks for asking but we didn''t visit Kalkan Hills or La Vanta whatever it is called.  Because of the steepness of Kalkan and not getting any younger we asked to see property that was located within easy walking of town.  At the moment we are reasonably fit but say get 10 years down the line and somewhere like that just wouldn''t be viable.  Walking from town to Hotel Nur was fine but when we went from the Nur to the new bus station, now that was a real killer even though it was a short distance.  Having said this, we were shown some stunning properties.       Les

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan Estate Agents

Started by soprano on Buying A Property & Real Estate

9 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 12:33:12 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Estate Agents Recommended?

Started by sausagedog on Buying A Property & Real Estate

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Russian Estate Agents

Started by Wendy on Buying A Property & Real Estate

20 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
by Wendy
xx
Recommended/trusted estate agents

Started by annav on Buying A Property & Real Estate

40 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 09:37:52 PM
by annav

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal