Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Iskan!  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Iskan!
« on: May 30, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
Where would you get an Iskan from if you have say owned a property for a few years and then realise you may not have one? :-[

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12126.0

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Iskan!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
Hi Wendy, "one" would apply for the Iskan (habitation certificate) at the Belediye, they may take their Tapu in (as I did) and ask about obtaining one, only to have eyebrows raised and shoulders shrugged and come away totally confused when someone in "Officialdom" says it's not needed. . . . . only to find out later that the appropriate box on the Tapu is ticked meaning that the "Iskan" has been granted. Apparently "one" doesn't actually get a "certificate", just a little tick in a little box! Confused? Join the club of the confused English Abroad.  :-\

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »
Thanks Headroom.
I have had a look on both our tapu's and cant see anything. The only X is in a box called Kat Mulkiyeti!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
I have also been wondering about the same issue, not yet found 'the' answer however came across this useful webpage
http://www.affidata.co.uk/sh/property-for-sale/turkish-title-deed-tapu explaining the tapu
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:20:52 PM »
Cheers Hobbo.
Had a look, and it is interesting but I am none the wiser! I can't fathom if we have one or not!
It doesn't seem to matter too much and until today I hadn't given it a thought but we are selling the duplex by the traffic lights and Spot Blue were asking.
See you in September x

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »
Your Iskan is important especially if you want to sell your property as it indicates that basically you own the land & not the property built on it by the local authority even though you may have been paying tax, water & electricity etc., as we have had it told to us. If you hold the iskan for your property your Tapu is marked with a 'X' in the KAT MULKIYET box.  If you want to sell your property most estate agents will inform you that it is more difficult to sell & you will only get a low price for it.  This from our very painful experience & not from rumour.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »
Ah ha. Thanks DRBD. It does on the villa but not on the apartment Tapu. I guess that it may be different on the apartment Tapu as it is one of 6 apartments? I will get in touch with Oz who built it and lives in one of the other apartments.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
Sorry,    I should have made that clearer, without your Iskan it is only the land recognised by the local authority, you may have a property on the land but without that 'X' in the right place it may as well not exist, but you still have to pay the taxes etc. It is the local authority that issues the iskan or Habitation Cert as it is otherwise known. It also has other implications where in some cases eg electricity bills are paid at a higher premium as it is considered to be on the builders tariff.
 So yes Wendy it would be a good idea to make some enquiries.  We have been told by a couple of estate agents that it is more difficult to sell a property without the iskan, they would really only get 'local' prices offered ie Turkish buyers.

Good luck   

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
It's my understanding that if the Kat Mulkiyeti box has a cross in it you have the habitation certificate. If the Kat Irtifaki has a cross in it you don't as it is considered a building that is 'unfinished' ie not yet passed by the council.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
We are currently selling an apartment in dalaman and came across this issue. We purchased in 2008 and only recently found out the complex never had the habitation certificate. We are the first to sell and therefore found this out. We know the builder and he is now going through the process(he hadn't previously because of financial problems!). However, since it has been more than 5 years the cost is higher and being passed on to the apartment owners. Approx £500 each. Luckily our buyers are going to pay for that. It also explains why you can't have utilities in your own name. We have been paying water and electric to the builder.
On another point - if a military search has been carried out on any apartment in a complex since May 2011 you don't have to go through this process again. It speeds up the process a lot if that is the case.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »
Kalkan regular - that is correct, the builder has to have the building 'signed off' within 5yrs of completion.

Chickengeorge, £500 each is not bad, especially as your builder has agreed to go through the process, it cost us a lot more as our builder went bust.  We had to have new plans of our house done & a lot of enquiries/searches in Antalya, then we had to deal with Kalkan Belediye which was, without exaggeration, HELL.
It was also in one way very interesting, it revealed that there are a lot of others in the same situation, sadly some are unaware. 

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
Happily I have heard off Oz and he is going to email me a copy of Certificate with the Iskan on.  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal