Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: selling in Kalkan  (Read 38347 times)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: selling in Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 05:16:56 PM »
felicity
I agree with you. Kalkan is quite different from a lot of other places. We didn''t buy our place to rent it out to all and sundry as an income generator. It doesn''t really work out there as it does in a resort like Bodrum. It is ours, we don''t let it out, but who knows when we are a bit older we could easily settle there, or sell and make a bit of money. We bought there because we love it.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 05:25:57 PM »
Loretta
Whereabouts in Kalkan are you buying your Duplex?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
Hi Brooksie,

I don''''t know if Loretta is buying a duplex but I am.  Its in Ortaalan - according to Blacklions.  Its not far from the Samira Deluxe and the petrol station. Sort of between the two. Its called Palmiye Apartments.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:12:29 PM by turkeyfan »
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
If you had bought just empty lots here in Kalkan in 1999, by 2003 you would have increased your money about 800%.  That is no longer the case.  I think property values have peaked.  In 2000 large lots (around 650 sq mts) reasonably near Kalkan went for £6.500 - 7.500.  That same lot today on our hill fetches £60.000.  Unbuilt. Prices are cheaper if you go to areas where there can be no house title (zoned agricultural) which includes Akbel and Islamlar.

But the market has changed.  Originally it was for single family homes with private pools, now it is for apartments.  It is true that the standard of construction has steadily improved over the years, but also true that it depends very much on WHO built the building in question and what the owners personally specified and personally chose.

I know a villa finished in 2003 that has radiant floor heating (cold in winter!), understair hidden lighting, central A/C (not individual A/Cs), and every latest thing one can find in a villa anywhere in the world.  This is a result of what the owners requested but is not the average build standard here.

One thing we have noticed is that buildings are not constructed as ''''anti-seismic'''' as those constructed right after 1999.  I have the impression that controls and standards are declining re earthquake construction qualities.

For about 1 year after the big quake in Istanbul (1999), the gov was being super cautious and the ''''statique'''' -- the guy whose job it is to determine the solidity of both the ground and the construction itself -- was requiring extreme and ridiculous specs.   For example, the gov statique who inspected our land and architectural plan required us to have many massive columns and crossbeams of 40cm thick on every side, and each no more than 4 meters from the next, maximum.  This caused us to have to redesign the interior of our home to incorporate these massive vertical and horizontal beams into the architecture.  Now you wouldn''''t notice their presence in our villa, but we had quite a time dealing with this problem.  It''''s called overkill!  But the builder is convinced that our house will stand even 2000 years from now!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:00:31 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
Interesting and very suprising to be reading this thread, I have to say that I have found Kemal, Namik and Hatice some of the most genuine and trustworthy people I have met and would consider them friends over anything else.

I have never had any reason to doubt their integrity and would certainly recommend them to anyone. When I am in Kalkan I always make a point of calling in to see them and have a chat, if anything its nice to catch up!

I''m sure some of you know the story about us buying in Kalkan without visiting Turkey before, we purchased through Mavi and without their help wouldn''t have our slice of paradise - I can only say "Thank you" to Kemal and his team who went the extra mile.

Jon

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »
Hi turkeyfan....I think a previous thread established that the Samira Deluxe area is called Kiziltas and the ortalaan area is around the green school (where our villa is situated) - ie: opposite side of new bus station road and behind Kalamar road...at least that is what I was led to believe..!!   ::)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
We''ve known Kemal since 1998 and bought our villa through him in 2003 with no problems. We had previously made an offer on another property through Black Lion. It was only due to my husband nosing round talking to people. that we found out that we would not be able to use the shared pool, due to a dispute between two original owners of the complex. The estate agent assured us that there was no problem, but had to finally concede that there was. I can''t imagine sitting by a pool in August and not being able to cool off in it! We are very happy with the villa we now have.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »
I wasn''t sure on the area but the apartment is on Blacklions website as Ortaalan.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
Hi Turkeyfan having a villa in that area I can assure you it is the Kiziltas area, well that''s what it says on our tapu anyway!  Hope you love it as much a we do!

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 08:05:23 PM »
It''s interesting to note that nearly all the responses on this subject relate to buying in Kalkan.  It would therefore seem that it is too soon for most (if not any) forum members to comment on the issues when selling.  I fully understand the appeal of wanting to own property in Kalkan.  I fell in love with the place when I first visited in 2004 and this Friday return for the 10th time.  I have to admit that buying doesn''t appeal for a variety of reasons but each to their own.  It will be interesting to see how the sales perform this winter and the general direction the market takes.  If pushed I would suggest the market is over supplied and over priced yet there is no sign to the building slowing down.  It continues to scar the hills around the town but fortunately the town itself retains all its charm (although a few less estate agents would be nice).  Certainly a subject to return to in the future although I''m interested in continuing the debate further at the present time!

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »
turkeyfan
My apologies, got my posts mixed up.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »
Kalkanfan - I couldn''t agree with you more - too much developmennt - not enough sales - some ridiculous prices - too many estate agents - never mind the taxi drivers and waiters all waiting to sell you property too...!!  I guess time will tell... ??? ??? ???

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 08:51:46 PM »
kalkanfan
Interesting observation. I to a point agree with you about Kalkan. If you buy there to make a good short term profit, then don''t! As we can all tell by this forum it is not the sort of Bodrum, Marmaris, Hisaranou type place that will generate lots of rental income for its owners. I have bought there because I love it. If it makes some money in the long term, great. I will have had a lot of enjoyment from it. One thing I do know is you won''t lose money buying in Kalkan.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
Pete, two of our neighbors had a similar problem as you had.  One of the two was convinced of having a great friend, who turned out to be a friend as long as money was somewhere on the horizon and when it wasn''t, the ''friendship'' ended.  The other had the experience of being asked to pay more than the legal 3% from buyer and seller.

On the topic of what was sold, we know two builders who this year sold 4 villas and 2 villas, respectively.  I''''ve the impression that those villas for sale directly from the builder are selling more easily, but this is just an impression.  I know that those 2 builders are planning on building more villas this winter.

Lantana, I''''m surprised that you say now is the high season for sales.  My web stats and an estate agent I spoke with in Fethiye both indicate that winter from November - February are the best sale times, and indeed, that is when my web sites gets the most visitors.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:41:12 PM by Cosetta »

Offline KislaBlue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »
There can be no doubt that a lot of speculative building has taken place over the past few years and the many empty properties are  testimony to this.
During our last visit, a couple of weeks ago, one restauranteur (describing himself as a winter builder !) suggested that less building took place last winter and that even less would take place this year. However,properties will continue to be built to order  and obviously will sell ( by definition) .Maybe the speculative builders have learnt their lesson?

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »
I agree that the amount of building activity over the coming winter will be less than previous years.  Our first winter visit was in 2005 and the amount of construction work taking place was phenomenal, however many of the properties built then remain unsold.  Last winter there was a marked decrease in activity and I expect a reduction in activity when we go out in December this year. That doesn''t stop the owners of these vacant properties putting up the asking prices regardless of the slow market!
As has been said previously if a resale property is priced competitively ie. below the asking price of new builds, and has good quality fixtures and fittings it should find a buyer within a reasonable timespan.
I have noticed a couple of things recently which suggests that Turkish buyers are now moving into the area - whether they are paying the same prices as foreigners is open to question.
It is also a fact that the number of large villas on the market has increased and many of the buyers of the £500k properties and above come from Russia or former states of the USSR.
I have heard a number of local developers talking of this lucrative market.  It will be interesting to see what happens over the coming months.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 02:00:38 PM »
I too have heard that fewer building permits have been issued for this winter, yet I know 2 builders who are planning to construct a few more non-commissioned villas, having sold most of what they already built over the past few years.

Re the high end market, I am aware of 1 villa sold, unfinished, for US$ 1,000,000 two years ago.  The new owner put in a few hundred thousand more to finish it off.  There are also 2 other smaller villas that were sold for around the same price, £500,000. 

I also think the character of the local market will change over time, partly with an influx of other nationalities.  There was a succession of nationalities moving in and out of the French coastal areas in the short time I lived there, and it is now being settled by Scandanavians. 

Another change might come about here as a consequence of the LaVanta complex above Kalamar.  The largest of those villas is very highly priced for what it is offering, but Kemer are selling the view and their name.  I would expect many Turkish buyers in that complex.  Then, there are already several Turkish families owning villas in Kisla.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 05:22:32 PM »
Turkeyfan

Our apartment is in Ortalaan according to our Tapu, and we''re along Kalamar Road, opposite the Yelken Apartments.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Tomcat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »
Lorretta  - Another one to try is Express Homes along the Kalamar Road, where you will find either Karyn or Jo or both.

Does anyone know the contact telephone or site details for Express Homes on Kalamar Road as I am considering selling?  I''ve looked on the internet but cannot find them listed.  We are going out to Kalkan in two weeks time but wanted to make contact beforehand.  Many thanks.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
Think you need to look under Xpress homes not Express homes.This is their site also..www.kalkanapartments.com.We purchased our apartment through Karyn who is an English lady & she was extremely helpfull.Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:12:06 PM by Honey »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Selling property in Kalkan

Started by Elee on Buying A Property & Real Estate

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
by Melek65
xx
Selling a car with MA plates

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 24, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
by onelove
xx
Selling Property

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
by kulube
thumbdown
Selling moped - non resident

Started by Sivadmv on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 09:06:44 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gemelier Beach

Views: 3354
By: lorilou
Kalkan dining.