Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 90/180 visa  (Read 7570 times)

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
90/180 visa
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »
Browsing another forum yesterday I came across this interesting post, which muddys the waters a bit more regarding the new visa arrangements.

quote-
I flew to Dalaman via Istanbul yesterday, for my third visit this year.

Having originally purchased a visa in April, and visited again in June (total 29 days) I assumed that my visa would be ok until September (180 days from issue).

Wrong....!!!!

Having queued up at passport control I was told my visa had expired. I argued the toss and pointed out the '90 days within 180' but because the visa had 90 days overstamped on it was told that was its total validity. I went to buy another visa (I have no problem with that) and this one had no overstamping on it. I went through passport control with no problem.

In my passport I have some visas with 90 days overstamped and some not - do the rules vary depending on who you get at passport control, I wonder?
unquote.

My visa stamp obtained in March this year was overstamped 'multiple entry visa valid for 90 days', so based on the above, when I return in September supposedly within my 180 day window, I may yet be buying a new visa.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9962.0

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: 90/180 visa
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
I am going out again on Sunday 12th August, ;D I bought a visa on the 3rd April this year, stayed for 14 days, returned again 15th June for 16 days. I have worked it out that with the new rules my visa will expire on the 28th September.
Going for 5 weeks this time so that will be a total of 63 days out of the 90, I understood that you could not buy a new visa until the old one had expired! ???
Sounds like nobody fully understands the new rules!!!! I will just go straight to passport control with the visa I already have got and see what happens! Just hope that all will be OK, this is going to be the first time I have flown on my own and I am already a bit apprehensive

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
Is your visa over stamped with 90 days validity (in black)?

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »
just going to have a look

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »
Just had a look at the visa there is no black stamp on, it just two entry stamps and 2 departure stamps, this sounds like when you have spent your 90 days in Turkey they put a black stamp on the visa.
Still thought though that you could not buy a new visa until the 180 days had expired ???

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Good luck Begonvil, let us know how you get on please ?
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
Will do onelove, fingers crossed all will be OK!

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
A further update - discussed this with a friend today who entered at Dalaman in April and had a 90/180 visa put in his passport (no over stamp). He then entered again in July and forgot he had already purchased a visa in April so purchased another visa. He sailed through passport control with no one picking up that he already had a valid visa.
So it appears that the passport scan does not detect multiple visas.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
Further to my post on August 6th - we have decided to ignore our 90/180 visa with the overstamp of '90 Day validity' and just purchase a new visa and present that at Passport control. I will be looking for the friendliest face and hope he interprets this visa mess as we do. Maybe asking for a cake with a file in it if we are thrown in jail!

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »
Let us know how you get on baclava

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
A further update - discussed this with a friend today who entered at Dalaman in April and had a 90/180 visa put in his passport (no over stamp). He then entered again in July and forgot he had already purchased a visa in April so purchased another visa. He sailed through passport control with no one picking up that he already had a valid visa.
So it appears that the passport scan does not detect multiple visas.
I think that you will find, Baclava, that there is no correlation between the automatic passport scan and the visa stamp which is manually overstamped. Otherwise the wait at passport control would be an awful lot longer while they input/checked the details.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
I'm getting increasingly confused....nothing new! We bought visas when we visited in June which are overstamped with the arrival and leaving date. We are going to Istanbul in October, do we go straight to passport control and show the visa.....goodness knows where they will stamp as the page is pretty full in my passport as the page had already been used on a previous year!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »
It always amazes me that they seem to be able to find the correct visa so quickly when my passport is absolutely full of previous visas gathered over many years. My passport expires at the end of this year so has a very handsome collection of them ???

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
They put my 90/180 visa in May below one from a previous year. I went over to Mais for a day in June so it has four in/out stamps already. Goodness knows how they will fit in  our September in stamp, and a further two for another trip to Mais, on the same half a page.

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
met someone the other day who also bought a new visa without realizing that  the previous one was still valid. it was picked up at passport control. when they asked for a refund they were told it was not possible. they were then stamped in on the first visa and the second one was overstamped as invalid. best not to take a chance as they do seem to be on the ball

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Thanks for that iamb, I was just debating whether to chance buying a new visa before the existing one expired.  We have just booked out spring 2013 flights to Dalaman and will need to leave by 3 May on the existing visa, I was thinking of buying a new visa on arrival and staying until 8 May but sounds as if that might not be a good idea, so guess we will have to leave by 3 May.  Ptiy.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
Ianb was your friend's original visa going to cover the duration of their holiday or was he purchasing a new one to accommodate his stay?

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »
the original visa would have covered the duration of the holiday.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Purchased a new visa on Friday on entering Dalaman and our first one hadn't expired.  I needed a new one to accommodate the duration of our stay.  The original was due to expire 4 days before our leaving date. 

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Charlie - that last point was exactly the one I was trying to get my head around. I couldn't see any way they wouldn't let you have a new visa (even if your old one was still valid) if your stay was going to go beyond the 180 days. Now you seemed to have clarified that. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:39:20 PM by chickengeorge »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Visa

Started by henty0 on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
by pw
xx
Visa or no visa

Started by billmccan on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 07:43:55 AM
by itstime
xx
180 day visa

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 02:37:50 PM
by amber
xx
Visa

Started by don on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 17, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
by chickengeorge

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Cafe Vita

Views: 3926
By: Chucky
Pebble and Mr.Pebble