Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Da** this 90/180 visa.  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Da** this 90/180 visa.
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
Spitting feathers today. I stumbled across a cheap return flight out of my local airport for two weeks going this weekend and I only have one day spare on my visa, with the visit I have taken and the one I have booked. I think the Turkish government are definitely shooting themselves in the foot(feet?) with the new regulations.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12206.0
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
Re: Da** this 90/180 visa.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
Cuddles
have you actually spent 89 days in turkey in the last 6 months?
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
No, I have just done a 44 day trip and I have booked a 45 day trip in September which takes care of the 89 days. Had the Turkish government not changed to the 90 in 180 rule, I would have gone out for another 14 days this weekend. Their economy would have benefited from my spending during that extra 2 weeks, plus the extra direct to them for another visa.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
The only way round it is to consider applying for residency. I was in the same boat as yourself - living mostly in the UK but enjoying extended stays at my Kalkan apartment. Then I realised that having used up most of my allocation of days on my tourist visa, I would not be able to join an ad-hoc trip to Istanbul with my friends, or indeed have the flexibility to travel to Kalkan at short notice, should something untoward happen to my property. It wasn't easy but I persevered, and my first 12 month application was granted last week.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
Yes, I'm fast coming to the same conclusion,
But in my mind there is much confusion.
When should I make my application,
To stay longer in the Turkish nation?
I don't mean to cause an intrusion.
But of advice I sorely need an infusion.
I'm bloody lost here. O0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:06:21 AM by Cuddles »

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »
Sorry can't help you with this one but have to say I enjoyed the rhyming question. Good'un , looks like Cuddles is all of a muddles. Hope someone can help, must be pretty gutting.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:53 AM »
KTLN has some good advice regarding applying for residency.
www.turkishlocalnews.com
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
Like most countries, I suspect the 90/180 day condition is to get you into the tax system etc, should you be spending more time in the country than a conventional tourist would.

There's probably not a country in the world that doesn't do something like this.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »
Following the introduction of the new visa regulations, the residency application process is currently in a period of transition until the new regional application processing centres are properly set up. Currently all applications are being handled in Ankara, but the local Foreigners Office in Kas still vets and forwards applications. It took me 3 separate visits to the Kas Jandarma in May to get my application accepted as (according to staff) the rules and qualifying criteria were changing almost daily at the time. There were definitely teething troubles, training issues, and lots of frustration in the office  I kept getting refused and sent away to gather more documents. Whilst I am sure the rules will have changed again by now (the Jandarma were talking about the possibility of biometric photos being a future requirement) I believe it will only get more difficult (not less difficult) to obtain first time residency. One thing you will definitely need though is Turkish private healthcare insurance. You cannot get the SGK insurance as you need residency status in the first place to apply for that! Another issue is that the papers will be sent to your Turkish address, and I was told no one could accept them on your behalf if you are away - so if you are in the UK when they arrive, they will be returned to sender for you to collect in person. Then 12 months later you have to apply all over again. Simples!?

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »
Just as a follow on from my last posting, here is the (I think) latest advice from the KTLN site on applying for residency:
http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/359036-turkish-residency-update-new-law-new-requirements

Another requirement of the new short term residency is that in order to keep it valid, you cannot stay out of Turkey for more than 120 days. What a chore that will be!!  ;)

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
I must have been very lucky when I applied for mine in may. I had read lots on the internet from various sites including KTLN. I prepared as much as I could before I went. I arrived in Kas at 2pm and was all completed by 4pm this included getting my insurance, going to the bank and nufus and finally the police. It was sent to my house 3 weeks later, unfortunately I didnt hear the door bell but my partner  collected it from the ptt the following day.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
Woah, lucky you Mel! To be honest I think things did settle down after a couple of weeks of chaos. We both got what we needed in the end which is all that matters. I am expecting less fuss when I come to renew next year.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
new 180 day visa

Started by samson on Flights and Travel

24 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 09:44:27 AM
by lijah
xx
e visa

Started by Anne on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post September 17, 2016, 11:05:26 AM
by Kuzu
xx
Visa

Started by don on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 17, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
by chickengeorge
xx
E Visa

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

35 Replies
Last post May 02, 2019, 11:20:29 AM
by joycie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal