Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dalaman Airport  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Dalaman Airport
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:06:43 AM »
Looking at Dalaman it is taking a slating on trip advisor..is it really that bad? The old one was pretty ropey with expensive food and drink but the New one seems to have upped the ante. if you believe the reviews ::)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14235.0
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Dalaman Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:40:09 AM »
It was much better last month than last year when it first opened (IMHO).

Check in was long winded, even with speedy boarding as the queue was the same one as for special assistance and the folk in wheelchairs took priority so if they pulled up while you were waiting, they would jump the queue. I'm not complaining, just saying.

Long walk to passport control.

Security was fine on entering the airport but a pain in the backside at the gate so make sure you get there early, preferably before they tell you to go to gate as the queues were horrendous and we nearly missed our slot.

You have to pass through duty free to entice you to buy but prices were reasonable on certain spirits eg we bought a litre of Istanblue vodka for around a tenner, same with bacardi.

One broken toilet door but they were clean and fully stocked with loo roll, also they've changed some of those squatting toilets to normal ones so no more queue's for the loo's.

If you are a smoker there's a lovely area that's outside right next to the gates, where you can have a fag and soak up a few rays. We don't smoke but I'm reliably informed this is the case.

Alcohol is still expensive but food is reasonably priced (or was in the nice cafe/restaurant next to the gates) and portions of  wine, chips and chicken tikka sandwich huge!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »
Thanks for the update! long queues but at least a seat in the bog to look forward to ;D....That's if TC don't implode before our date(gulp! ::))

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »
Oh Blue Lizard please think positive. Thomas Cook are not going to fail!
Mind you I said that about Monarch. Just saying they went bust on the actual day we were booked to fly to Dalaman with them!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:31:12 AM »
1:  TC will probably fail, all they need to do is sort out the flight times, origin airports, on-board service, aircraft cleanliness, complaints procedure and attitude and they will be fine;
2: Lizilu, we have to use assistance, as the long walks are too much for one of us; it's a bit embarrassing to jump the queue, but it's more about the guys doing the assistance - they can't be hanging around in queues when they have others to give assistance to. (There's never enough of them, the givers, not the receivers!)
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:23:54 PM »
Chris_S, please don't think I was moaning, honestly, we used to use special assistance for my mum too  :-* and I can imagine how uncomfortable it must be to have lots of eyes boring into you as you queue jump through no fault of your own  :o.

We were once at the back of a very long queue at check in (Halkidiki) and the assistance guys had whisked my mum to the front of the queue and our (then) 3 year old Batgirl decided to join her up there. Like you, Mum was very embarrassed at being ushered to the front as all eyes were on her and didn't realise our daughter had followed her. Little Batgirl decided to liven the place up and proceeded to do a moonie behind Mums wheelchair in the full view of the queue!!!  ;D :o It was very funny  ;D ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »
Oh let's keep our fingers crossed for everyone flying out with Thomas Cook including my daughter on the 7th June too? It's going to be fine!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »
Lizilu - I didn't think that, sorry if that's what came over.

It was more of a general comment for those that may be less enlightened to the reasons behind some seemingly unfair practices.

Please let us know how the more mature Batgirl reacts to the juvenile revelations - Pantone do a list of colours which may help describe the shade of blush!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
I daren't tell her I've disclosed that info  ;D ;D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dalaman Airport

Started by casey on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post December 31, 2010, 05:46:42 PM
by leesyloo
xx
Dalaman Airport

Started by Helshe on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post October 07, 2012, 04:08:15 PM
by brian j p
xx
atm at dalaman airport

Started by HL40sEastmid on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post July 23, 2010, 06:22:00 PM
by itstime
xx
Dalaman airport

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post April 16, 2010, 12:02:36 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Olu Deniz

Views: 3781
By: blondie
Blow Jon, blow!