Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: March flights cancelled  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
March flights cancelled
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »
Hi all

Booked flights last October with Aegean flights for March the 14th flying from Manchester, received a letter today telling me that the flight has been cancelled due to lack of sales.

They have given me 3 options.

1. Manchester to Bodrum on Tuesday the 11th or the 18th March, with a free transfer from Bodrum airport to Dalaman Airport.

2. London Gatwick to Dalaman on Friday the 14th March.

3.Free of charge cancellation.

I have cancelled the flights and managed to book new ones with fly thomas cook going out on the 17th March and returning on the 24th from Manchester, the flights have cost £78.00 more than the original ones.

So anyone else who has booked flights with Aegean flights for March you may have your flight cancelled!!!

Glad I did not book the hire car yet or that would have been more problems to sort out!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: March flights cancelled
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:31:11 AM »
Hi Begonvil and all

Just the same just happened to me yesterday too..!!  Lack of sales for end of February - I too have cancelled as they offered me a Manchester flight (when I live so close to Gatwick >:D) or a flight to Bodrum and back - trouble is they were both on the same day - giving me -3 hours in Turkey..durrrhh!!  ::) ::)

I too have paid just £70 more to go with Thomas Cook - but I have had flights with them changed before - not only date but destination airport (antalya not Dalaman) so Im not counting my chickens until Im on that flight.....  Onur air have been soooo reliable in the past - so this is little shocking to say the least - but at least their customer service (aegean and HfU) is VERY good - I can''t fault them even though im cheesed off with them....hopefully the TC flights will not be changed as they must be picking up from the Onur air fallout...  Aegean/h4u - say that once they are into April - there will be NO more problems - fingers crossed..!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: March flights cancelled
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
When we went out for Christmas via H4H on Onur the flight out was full, coming back however it was less than full, (can understand that really, who wants to come back!) so they are obviously having problems trying to fill up the aircraft, such a shame but I think we have to expect things like this sort of thing now.  TC must be rubbing their hands.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flights?? Any been cancelled?

Started by tortoise lady on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post September 02, 2019, 07:24:37 AM
by littlelin
question
We nearly cancelled our holiday but....

Started by tuppy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 05:28:54 PM
by Rachey
xx
Cancelled Christmas day.

Started by fidimax on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post January 03, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
by Chris18648
xx
Flight Cancelled

Started by Lougie on Flights and Travel

30 Replies
Last post December 03, 2009, 12:22:27 AM
by WOS

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal