Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Travel Republic/ Onur Air  (Read 8010 times)

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Travel Republic/ Onur Air
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »
Ive booked with Travel Republic for the 1st time for this years return to Kalkan, we got quite a good deal with flights from Onur Air - which will also be a 1st time. At the time of booking I made a silly mistake with my daughters surname, which I only noticed when the confirmation came through - we instantly emailed asking if we could amend this but didnt hear from TR. After a couple of phone calls enquiring about it we were assured that it shouldn't be a problem and we would hear in due course. Two weeks later, we've recieved an email explaining that we will be charged an £80 amendment fee! Does anyone know if this is the norm? Or should i challenge this? It seems totally unfair especially as we dont travel for another 5 weeks...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5677.0

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Travel Republic/ Onur Air
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »
I think this is quite common and charges vary depending on the airline. I had to change a name on our Easy Jet flights in May and was charged £25 for each leg of the journey, so £50 + the difference in flight cost from when the original booking was made to when the name change was made. As we booked the original flight very early the difference was quite significant, and the total additional cost was around £150.

It may be useful to check the terms and conditions of the flight booking

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »
Blimey! £150!? Thats extortionate, i dont understand why it costs so much to change a name on a computer screen? As our flights are not for another 5 weeks the tickets wouldnt have been printed yet.
I suppose if this common we will have to accept the charges, it just doesnt feel right. Im just disappointed with TR for not getting back to us sooner, then maybe there would have been no need for an admin fee..

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
I have made name changes on Onur Air flights a few times (through Aegean Flights) and have always been charged £20 admin costs.  Any changes can be made up to 14 days before travel for this price.  Aegean do not charge for the difference in cost of flights between first booking and amendment for name changes.  I think it must be TR making the charge so you probably need to check their terms and conds.  Sounds very expensive especially as it's an Onur Air flight.

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »
Thanks Charlie

I thought i'd double check with Onur Air after your advice and you were right, they only charge £20 for amendments. After digging furthur i discovered that it is in fact Goldtrail Holidays that are charging us the fee, they are quite clever - although we booked with TR who's T&C's display only a £20 admin fee, it is in fact Goldtrail who are providing the holiday. Their T&C's display a £40 amendment fee and it is them that have the right to charge us.
I would advise anyone booking with TR to check the T&C's of all parties involved in the booking, as it seems it is not just Travel Republic's Terms and Cond's that apply.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »
But if you have booked with Travel Republic then your contract is with them.You should be subject to their T&Cs.They may however have a subclause which states that if they are charged an admin fee by Goldtrail then they can pass it on.Read TRs T&Cs carefully. 

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Lauren,I have had a look at TRs t&Cs & they state that they are only agents for Travel Providers & as such any changes made will be subject to The Travel providers admin fee & their own.Their own is £20 for a change of name,but Goldtrail's is £40 so contractually they can charge £ 60 for a name change.Another thought occured to me.Are you sure you are flying with Onur.Goldtrail have changed a lot of flights from Onur to Saga,Pegasus & others.They do not tell you about this until you get your tickets.Check the Goldtrail website for flights from your departure airport on your departure day.You may be surprised.There may also be a significant time change.I know all this because I am flying next week & it has happened to me.Onur flight is now Saga & flies 13/4 hours later.    

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »
Yes, your right. After phoning TR it seems that Goldtrail are in fact charging them, also there is no direct way I can take it up with Goldtrail as the booking was made through TR. I have definately learnt my lesson and will be paying closer attention to the T&C's in future - not to mention the spelling of my daughters name!! Thanks for your advice regarding the flight, I have checked the flights for that day and it is still down as Onur Air but as we wont be travelling for another 5 weeks I will keep an eye on it!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
there's another thread about Travel Republic that's worth reading....the moral of that tale was the same - you are better to book directly with the travel company/airline rather than go through a company like Travel Republic.
Just type "Travel Republic" into the search facility if you're interested. By the way, I think TR have one of those software programmes that picks up whenever their company is mentioned on social networking/forums. Within a day or so of the TR thread starting a member of their staff was posting on the thread and trying to be helpful.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
Look at my posts in Jan 2010 re Travel Republic. As previously mentioned, suddenly someone appears on this site to smooth troubled waters (after hitting a dead end with their customer care department!)

I am sure I am not sticking my neck out, but there appears to be a person who can sort all this out, his email address is not a secret as it appeared on this site in response to my queries.  Try Steve@travelrepublic.co.uk
Good luck

Offline Lauren

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Ooo thanks, yes ill try emailing him.. Although, i think i will probably get the same answer as it seems Travel Republic are powerless to do anything about it. And yes, Kalkan4eva, i will definately be booking directly in future!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yesil Dalyan Travel Transfer (Travel Republic transfer)

Started by QueenBee on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 07:26:46 PM
by QueenBee
xx
Travel Republic

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

14 Replies
Last post February 21, 2010, 11:18:26 PM
by stevedean
xx
Travel Republic Shuttle

Started by rosemary050 on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 12:04:29 PM
by rosemary050
xx
Transfers4U/Travel Republic transfers?

Started by MrsC1701 on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 02:50:33 PM
by lijah

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal