Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler  (Read 8730 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Antler
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 12:51:43 PM »
chickengeorge, I think it has more to do with personal sniping than negative views.
We are all entitled have different and diverse views - hey that makes the world go around :) but this forum goes through ups and downs in terms of people joining with views that are infammatory (either by accident or design) and/or an inability to post those views in a non-judgmental way and perhaps there is an element of not knowing how to behave on a public forum. This then causes people to "get personal" - it's quite difficult to ignore a harsh post that you believe to be aimed at you and so the cycle begins....and we loose sight of what the forum should be about in a sea of vitriol that is unpleasant to the vast majority of members.
To be honest, I've been around since the start of EK and there have been worse times than this but for longstanding members I suppose it comes to a point where you think - why bother?.... As you say, most subjects have been done to death by now. But like BL, I won't be shoved off...way to stubborn for that :laugh: We should do as Jon says and see them off instead >:D
Of course, all of this is just my opinion :) :) :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 01:25:21 PM »
I think that sometimes posts might come across in ways that the poster did not intend. This is  a problem with forums, emails and texts even though a lot of people would rather use those than speak to each other these days(including me!). I can be quite sarcastic sometimes so my posts could even be read in the wrong way. I know it's the lowest from of wit but occasionally I just get this uncontrollable urge :).  I think a forum with a mix of readers blogs, useful information, healthy debate and some humour(although that's a matter of taste) is the ideal.

Offline Mrgrimsdale

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
I know we've only just joined but apart from a couple of sarccy remarks on one post, we've found forum members on the whole to be a decent bunch of chaps and chappeses. In fact we have enjoyed some excellent tips on breakfasts, restaurantz and days out. I can understand some subjjects being done to death as has been said but for new members it provides a valuable cornucopia of local knowledge that a Fodor's or Berlitz just can't offer. Long may the forum reign and a proverbial two fingered salute to the children who seek to spoil it for others.
Pitkin

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
chickengeorge, I think it has more to do with personal sniping than negative views.
We are all entitled have different and diverse views - hey that makes the world go around :) but this forum goes through ups and downs in terms of people joining with views that are infammatory (either by accident or design) and/or an inability to post those views in a non-judgmental way and perhaps there is an element of not knowing how to behave on a public forum. This then causes people to "get personal" - it's quite difficult to ignore a harsh post that you believe to be aimed at you and so the cycle begins....and we loose sight of what the forum should be about in a sea of vitriol that is unpleasant to the vast majority of members.
To be honest, I've been around since the start of EK and there have been worse times than this but for longstanding members I suppose it comes to a point where you think - why bother?.... As you say, most subjects have been done to death by now. But like BL, I won't be shoved off...way to stubborn for that :laugh: We should do as Jon says and see them off instead >:D
Of course, all of this is just my opinion :) :) :-*

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've been guilty of rising to the bait when some trolls have started making personal attacks and as you say, K4E, the natural temptation is to retaliate and .... it just escalates.

But I just can't help using irony sometimes, because it's a uniquely British form of humour and with a tuned-in audience it can be great fun. The problem is, a lot of people just don't get it.  So frankly I'm starting to feel that I may just join Antler, Eniste and others who can't see the point in bothering anymore.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
Just as in life, if the good people of the world just rolled over then the world would be ruled by A***holes wouldn't it...Oh! just a minute, come to think of it!! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »
Blue Lizard - Good to see you're back. Hadn't heard from you for a while, so I was getting a bit worried that we had lost you too!

Suzyq1

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »
I try to liken it to the pub.

I enjoy the pub, but I don't necessarily have to like all the people in it!

If I don't like, or agree with them, then I ignore them.  Simple.

The nice people know who they are, and you do as well ...
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
Well put Chris-S! I've absolutely loved this forum for the last five years and have received so much advice and help from the marvellous members on here and have had many a chuckle at times when believe me I've needed it. So sad to see Antler's going always looked forward to his blogs then usually relayed them to my OH. All I can say is as my Nan always said  "Never let the bu****$ get you down" so I for one will not give up on EK because from past experience I have found more kind, humorous members on here than the less desirable few. Come on guys let's just ENJOY KALKAN  :laugh:

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:32 PM »
In my experience these WUMs don't seem to stay around for long.  They hang around for a bit and wind everyone up then move on to another forum to continue their hobby.  Antler, and anyone else who has left or is thinking of leaving the forum, please think again before you decide to stop posting on EK.  You only have to read the wonderful comments your posts have received and how much pleasure and laughs they have given to so many.  To let a minority spoil this forum for those that love it would be a great shame.  Antler, Eniste, Itstime PLEASE (pretty please) just a little tiny post to show you haven't abandoned us?

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
kalkanbelle totally agree with you and many of the above and have been clicking the 'click to say thanks' to thank all those who I want to thank! 8) 8)

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Off!

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 11:09:18 AM
by antler
xx
Antler's Day Nine: Father's Day

6 Replies
Last post June 18, 2012, 09:59:11 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Antler's Day Twelve: A little bit of everything.....

8 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 10:12:58 PM
by BarbH
xx
Antler's Last Few Days......

20 Replies
Last post June 26, 2012, 08:09:35 AM
by Kajfish

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Hitching a lift :-)

Views: 2918
By: itstime
Fenner Cafe at Sunset