Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: BEACH CLUBS  (Read 4997 times)

Offline lradders

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
BEACH CLUBS
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
Can someone please recommend a beach club and detail their relevant facilities?  Thanks alot ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1605.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: BEACH CLUBS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »
Kalamar beach club, lovely spot, great staff, sunbeds umbrella''s, fantastic cafe, toilets, showers, chill out area, free pedlo''s canoes. And so much more. FREE TRANSFERS GREAT DAY OUT.

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »
not everybody''s cup of tea I suppose but me and the missus always preferred the Yali Beach club.  Bit out the way, but you used to be able to get a free transfer. Whether that''s changed with the new heightened price structure on the cabs I''m not sure. I must admit to not having got down there last year as hoped and it did change hands but a friend did say it was the food was still very good down there. Seems to be less kids there although I wouldn''t necessarily say it''s a haven of peace and quiet. Anyway, just an alternative to consider.

Offline lradders

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the posts.  How much do these beach clubs cost for the day?  And do you go down to the harbour for a transfer, to say, Kalamar Beach Club?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 06:15:41 PM »
I think we have had a post on beach clubs before - so might be worth you having a rummage around as there are quite a few and everybody has their favourite.  Mine is Kalamar beach club - they also have a giant trampoline in the water - great fun for kids and big kids alike!!  Although it tests your arm muscles to haul your body up the rope ladder - mind you - with all the lovely spinach in the turkish cuisine - it should be no problem..!!   :o   You can also go on the ringoes and banana boats and go scuba diving - obviously these are paid for separately. 

Cost - I can''t remember - other than not much...  If you just ring them - they will send a taxi for you and will pay the fare as I don''t think they can use their free shuttle with the current taxi situation...I don''t have the telephone number here in the UK - but anybody in Kalkan will be able to give that to you when you are there!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »
The Yali and beach club are now being run by Ozge, who works for Aslan (owner of the Asfiya, builder and other business interests). She is lovely and speaks really good English. They have obviously done work over the winter on the beach club and dining/chill out area above the beach club and it looked very nice in early May. It''s not very good however for young children or those with mobility problems as there are a lot of steps down to the beach club (and back up if you need to use the toilet).

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 10:27:19 PM »
Yes I have to agree the Yali is lovely, smaller, again nice food, good chill out area and last year free afternoon tea and cake, nice touch.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 06:09:26 AM »
There are more....

The old Ibo''s beach club has now re-opened as Indigo, on the corner of the harbour. Sunbed & umbrella 7.50 ytl a day. Nice wooden sunbeds and wooden furniture replaces the old stuff. All the usual stuff such as watersports, free transfers, lunch & dinner menu, cocktails. Easy to negiotiate the steps in and because of it''s position gets the sun quite late in the day.

It seems the Kalkan Beach Park hasn''t opened this year, at least not to date, however there is Mahal & Palm Beach on the Kisla side of the bay for which you get the little boats just down from the Fener tea garden. Never been to Mahal so can''t comment. Palm Beach has colourful bean bags, nice food, friendly staff, a small beach area (idea for kids or nervous swimmers) and very cold water after the long climb down from the platform!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:18:35 AM by Mercimek »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »
We love Yali, Palm and Mahal beach clubs because they''re a little bit more sedate than Kalamar or Kalkan Park - depends what you''re looking for really. Mahal is probably the most expensive of all the ones we visited, but it was still really reasonable - about £50 for the two of us for a whole day there with a nice lunch, sunbeds, parasol, a good few Efes (for BH), water etc. Palm is our favourite, nice decked area, very friendly staff, great calamari for lunch, gorgeous chillout area and lovely shower and toilet block.
I''d say, try them all and decide for yourself   :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline carol

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
kareoke
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:31:57 PM »
will be visiting kalkan end of june with grandaughter who like to sing. are there any kareoke bars in kalkan

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
No,thank god.

Offline KislaBlue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »
Can anyone confirm if Kalkan Beach Club is open yet? Is it still same as last year ie no charge for sunbeds and is the free water taxi still running?

Thanks

Ann

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »
No Carol there are no Kareoke bars in Kalkan but i am sure she will be encouraged to sing any how

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »
We went to the Indigo beach Club for the first time when we were in Kalkan last week and were really impressed. Lovely ''posh'' furniture and we had a delicious lunch under large umbrellas with perfect views out to sea and back across the harbour. We were pleasantly surprised! Having said that, we also had a great afternoon at the Kalamar beach club for the first time, too. Very friendly staff and great facilities, with very pleasant views out to sea, too! Happy days.

Offline jen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
That sounds nice, Kalkanposh.  Where''s the Indigo beach club?

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 07:00:27 PM »
Head for the harbour, past the boats to your left, and before you take a left turn towards the lighthouse, you''re there! You will see it right in front of you. Can''t remember what it was called last year, but it was much improved and a really lovely place to pass a few hours (and the photos we took are stunning)! Have fun!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach Clubs

Started by LancashireLass on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 12:31:32 PM
by nakres84
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

20 Replies
Last post July 13, 2014, 08:01:09 AM
by BarbH
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by jane on hols on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
by Chucky
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by tonye1960 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post June 28, 2016, 09:24:37 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Club Patara 1999

Views: 4708
By: Cosetta
Sunset at Kalkan