Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach Clubs  (Read 10192 times)

Offline ebodevon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Beach Clubs
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »
Hi everyone

Can any anyone tell me about the beach clubs around Kalkan?

What facilities do they have, are they expensive, how you get there,  which ones are good for children blah blah blah.

Which one is your favourite?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Beach Clubs
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
 :o :oHum beachclubs and children not sure about this, I love the Kalamar beach club, and Yali, Kalamar is quite large has water sports in a lovely spot, good sun beds umbrella's, great cafe toilets shower es etc, Yali is small again nice little cafe, toilets showers sunbeds etc. The only thing wrong with beach clubs ans little ones is they are concrete platforms so no beach, also straight into very deep water that can sometimes be choppy around the edge, so for young children or non swimmers not much fun, that is why although I love Kalkan it would not be my choice for a holiday with children. However you catch a taxi to them, once there the owner pays the taxi driver, then you pay for the day there which includes return fares and sunbeds, cant remember price but I would say less than £5 per day.

Offline jen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »
Try the Kalkan Beach Park.  Take the free boat across the harbour and once there the sunbeds and umbrellas are free of charge.  There's a cafe for snacks & drinks which is good value.  There's also a twirly slide thing that splashes kids out straight into the sea - lots of fun (it was 5ytl last year for unlimited use).  Also, there's a small beach area so it's easier to get into the sea than at many of the other beach clubs where you have to climb down a ladder from the platform.  Hope this helps,

Jen

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
I suppose it depends on the age of the children. I think my son was about 10/11 when we first went and as he could swim I wasn't too concerned although still obviously had to keep a close eye on him. Younger children and especially toddlers I'm not so sure about. The entire area is concrete and as toddlers are notorious for falling over at the drop of a hat, they could hurt themselves and certalnly the depth of the water would be a huge potential danger. It all comes down to being really vigilant and realising that you couldn't take your eyes off them for even a moment.
The public beach at Kalkan is maybe a better choice as they could potter around on the beach and children don't seem to mind the pebbles as much as adults do!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
Yes - I agree it is all down to the age of the children - mine love it - but then they are teenagers now and are confident swimmers - our favourite is Kalamar Beach club - spend all day - get free canoes, snorkelling (nearly free) and a great giant trampoline in the water (well it was there last year!) - free transport there and back - not much to get in but drinks and food quite expensive.  As others say - it is all concret - VERY nicely done and straight into deep water but if your kids are OK swimmers then it is fine.  You can also do scuba diving here and banana boats and ringoes which my kids LOVED..we even let our 14 year old boy and his friend go off and spend the day there by themselves - they had a wail of a time!!

Enjoy!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline ebodevon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
Thanks everyone

You've certainly given us food for thought. 

My son is 8 and a confident swimmer, however not sure that my heart could cope with worrying about the concrete everywhere.

The Kalkan beach park sounds ok maybe we will give it a try.

What is the beach like for snorkelling? 

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
the town beach is where a lot of turkish youngsters go..chances are he will make little turkish buddies!!the good thing about there is you are just minutes away from numerous bars and restaurants for that cool ice cream or drink..try the tea garden (it's the one that juts out)your son will love the boats coming so close on the way in/out..
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
Hi EboDevon - the 'concrete' is not as bad as it sounds - it is very tastefully done (at least in Kalamar beach club) and if he is a confident swimmer - I would try it out once - and yes do - go to the pebble beach in Kalkan - it is lovely oh and don't forget - Kaputas beach and my FAVOURITE Patara beach!!

enjoy!

Offline Donbon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
I read that Patara beach has no buildings and shops?  Does this mean it has no cafe/restaurant either?  Do we need to take a picnic?

Does the entrance fee include parking - or is that extra?

Just doing my research....  Two young children - so we may prefer the town beach and Patara - and perhaps Kalkan Beach Club with its slide and small beach.  Wherever we go there have to be ice-creams!!

Offline jen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 04:56:15 PM »
Patara Beach has a beach cafe with snacks and ice-creams.  ;D

The entrance fee includes parking too. 

Kaputas Beach is the one down LOTS of steps and doesn't have a cafe.  Maybe one to avoid with very young children.

Offline Donbon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »
Thanks Jen.  I picked that up about Kaputas - and no shade either apparently (or little of it).  I think we'll leave that one alone - unless we can get there by boat!

Cheers.

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
Do the beach club owners expect you to buy food and Drink from them or are you allowed to bring a picnic (with seven of us it can work out a bit pricey) ?
Thanks

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
As most of the beach clubs don't charge for sunbeds, parasols etc yes, they do expect you to buy lunch, drinks etc.

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
all the beach clubs will charge an entrance fee that includes transport there and back where applicable, sun bed and umbrella. the price is between 5-10 lira depending on where you go. the only exception is kalkan beach park which is free entrance.

Offline jen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »
Even though the beach clubs charge for sunbeds etc (apart from Kalkan Beach Park) I still get the impression that you'd be expected to buy food and drinks there, rather than taking your own.

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »
That's what I would have expected, but if the Taxi and Sunbeds are only that price then it's not too bad -We will give it a go.
Thanks for the respones

Offline Donbon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 03:04:47 PM »
Hı all.  I'm lıve ın Kalkan and at the Palm Beach Club.  It's fantastıc.  Very new (opened last year) and ıs the closest to Kalkan - so not much of a boat rıde.  Very frıendly staff and lıttle shıngle beach for the chıldren to play on.  Great new loo block wıth automatıc soap dıspenser and hand dryer (the chıldren lıked that!).  We're here for the second day ın a row.  Thank you to Nuri and hıs crowd and havıng a lot of fun.  Great landscapıng and a very good menu too.  I'll be back later to log on from home.  One week here now and fantastıc!  Hı to all.  Cheers.  Donbon

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
Hi Donbon,

I am so envious of you.....

We also loved Palm beach Club and spend most of our days there when we were in Kalkan for two weeks at the end of June. It really is fabulous and oh the views, the music, the food........all great.

Also the service is fabulous too. Say hi to Nurla and Sahat for us if you can. We are Jo and Rich who were staying at Pasha Apart Hotel and Sahat used to pick us up and drive us back each day. We will be back in September and will again be frequenting Palm Beach, probably on a daily basis!!

Jo

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 06:51:22 PM »
Hi, sounds really good, we have just come back and have never been.  We went to the YALI quite a few times, now managed by Murat and Kerri who have the Blue Marlin water sports.  It's a great atmosphere, lovely food and service and a very tranquil place to chill out.  You can get a free taxi ride there and back, so it's excellent value.  We will definately be back in Sept...missing it already.  Highly recommend it!

Offline palmbeach

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 08:06:25 AM »
Hello Jo and Rich.. As the Palm Beach crew, we wanted to thank you for making very kind comments about us. we're looking forward to see you again in september:)
we'll open a new topic with the photos of our club to give people an idea about here. we'll be more than glad to answer if you have any questions at our topic.
Best regards..

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

16 Replies
Last post May 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM
by fidimax
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

20 Replies
Last post July 13, 2014, 08:01:09 AM
by BarbH
recycled
beach clubs?

Started by lucyandsteven88 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 11:49:30 AM
by lucyandsteven88
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Babs on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 04:22:04 PM
by kele

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal