Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: boat trip query?  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Susan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
boat trip query?
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:15:27 PM »
Hi my partner and I are coming over to Kalkan for the first time in September and staying at Asfiya hotel for 10 nights. We have booked with tapestry and had been supposed to have 2 nights on the mini gulet cruise. I have now been informed that this won''t be available from mid august so we won''t be able to do this.

its now pretty important that the hotel is really nice, it always was but now we aren''t getting the cruise I want the holiday to be as special as possible - we have booked a suite but it says limited sea view - anyone have any thoughts? It was my idea to stay here so would really love someone to put my mind at rest.... otherwise I''ll have a moaning BF for 10 nights!!!!  ;)

I''m now loath to book any of the excursions with tapestry so I am looking for some advice on what sort of boat day trips may be available from the harbour that we could book direct . I''d really love to go to the sunken city at kekova - how easy is it to arrange that once we get over to Kalkan?

any advice would be great
Thanks
Susan   ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1858.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: boat trip query?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
The Afiya hotel is amazing , the grounds and pools are fab, and the rooms are very very good. You will have a super time. Trips just do the local ones much cheaper and almost as good. Tapestry gulet day trips are brill, but if they are a silly price £20 plus go for the local trips you get just as much but maybe not just as fancy, local companys offer the sunken city, enjoy.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:29:13 AM »
Try www.jacksonvictoria@hotmail.com. Boat called Anil, skippered by Ali. Super day and great food!
Have a nice holiday

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
By far the best run boats out of the harbour are the Falcon boats offering great value for money and a choice of public or private trips. Being quite big there is plenty of room and sun beds even with 15-20 people on, they do a free pick up and drop off if you are staying far out or have pushchairs etc  you can enquire in the harbour or email www.falconvillas.org for information.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »
We had a great day out just recently on Yildiz 2 out of the harbour.....lovely food - great family!  :)

Can also recommend going to Kekova - still my favourite place for a boat trip!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
Just back! Great trip with Ali and Anil. Lunch and afternoon tea/fruit excellent. He seems fully booked but might take you out in the evenings.

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »
I have been trying to email www.jacksonvictoria@hotmail.com to book a boat trip with Ali but keeps coming back with no such email address, can anyone help?

Karen

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »
I have just emailed her to let her know but also have noticed you are putting www. in front of it the email address. Try without it as my address does not have it. Regards Clarborough

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »
Have just read my last entry on this thread again!! Sorry about the English and grammar its quite late. Perhaps back to school for me!!! Hope it makes sense Karen.

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »
Thanks Clarborough, Kalkankiki has emailed me with details and yes I was putting www when I shouldn''t have!!!!

Karen

Offline Phil

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 03:47:56 PM »
Please can anyone give me the correct email address for the Anil boat trips? thanks, Phil.

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »
Been home a week from Kalkan, we went down to the harbour the day after we got to Kalkan and looked at all the boats, most are quite basic but we found Romantic 1 was beautifully maintained  and very clean, we booked with the captain, I think if was 30lira per person and we had a really great day out. There is Romantic 2 as well a little smaller but still kept in very good condition. Just go to the harbour and book you shouldnt have any problems, I''m actually glad we didn''t book ahead but then I''m fussy. 

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 07:04:51 AM »
We always book the Romantik fantastic day out and the crew look after you so well. We are going out on her this Friday the 22nd and really looking forward to it.

Misty

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 10:22:41 AM »
Another boat highly recommended is Hazal.  Mehmet''s food is superb and he is willing to stay out at late as you want.  Usually the last boat to return to the harbor.  His boat takes a max of 12 people, more comfy with 10. Don''t have phone, go to harbor after 5:30 or before 10am.

In Kekova Baris Boat Tour is the one that many people recommend.  It is a big boat can hold a lot of people, they take you to a fantastic bay about 20'' out of Kekova.  Phone number (from two years ago) is 0532 496 6363 or home 0242 874 2017, Hasan (but doesn''t speak English).
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
Out of Kalkan harbour - I can also recommend Yilmiz 2 - lovely small boat taking up to 10 - delicious food.

Out of Kekova - I second Cosetta - Bares boat run by Hasan and Zeynep and family.  Hasan doesn''t speak english - but if you want to book them - PM me and I will give you a telephone number of an english speaking person who can book on your behalf.  You need about 16-20 people to make it a reasonable price - as you have to pay for transfer to Kekova - but IMHO - that is far and away the best boat trip I have ever been on (we went twice again on our recent visit!) - the scenery (and the sunken city) is way more spectacular - lots of little coves and bays and the food - is way above better than even the wonderful food served on the boats out of Kalkan!!  So if you have a biggish group - it is definitely worth the travel!!  However, we warned - they are so popular - they get very booked up and have 1 trip per week always booked for people from Kalkan but it is not worth just turning up and hoping..!!!

Cheers!  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant and boat trip reviews from our recent trip....

Started by elainecris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 07:37:19 PM
by Skunk
xx
boat trip

Started by Mackem on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post August 19, 2009, 06:18:02 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
boat trip ?

Started by kazaroni64 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 13, 2010, 08:18:34 AM
by kazaroni64
xx
Boat trip for 2

Started by Csardas on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post October 30, 2011, 05:02:24 PM
by turkeyfan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal