Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Car Hire from Dalaman  (Read 4224 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Car Hire from Dalaman
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
Has anyone previously used economycarrentals.com to hire a car from Dalaman.

We are arriving in Kalkan on wednesday night and have got by far the best quote (£100 a week for a Fiesta) from this company.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5223.0

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Re: Car Hire from Dalaman
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
Hi Alantj, We have used Economy car rentals regularly over the last couple of years and found them to be very reliable and very competitive. They sublet to suppliers in Dalaman, usually Decar or Sunny, who will pick you up at the airport and take you to their office on the main Dalaman road to complete all the paperwork. A tip would be to complete details online before arriving and this will save you about 30minutes at the Dalaman end. Another tip would be (same with all hire companies in Turkey) to check your fuel gauge and understand whether you are been given a car with a full or empty fuel tank. If empty there are at least 3 modern garages in Dalaman that are always open for new flight arrivals. Also make sure you understand the drop off arrangements at the end of your hire which can vary from dropping back to their office to leaving car and keys in an airport carpark or even been met at the airport on the departures ramp.

Hope this helps, KK

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
I've used them too and they've always been fine (and last time we got an upgraded car, too!). But be careful to phone well ahead on your return journey - I usually call from the petrol station just after the Gocek tunnel before I turn left off the main road towards the airport. Once I left very early on a Sunday morning, and the guy had to be called lots of times just to wake him up. I was getting anxious about a close check-in for my flight, with the police just a little bit jumpy that I had a hire car parked outside the departures lounge for slightly longer than they liked!! ;D

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
Thank you both for your help and advice we have now booked for a bargain £104 for the week, just waiting for confirmation.

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
We've used them for the last 5 years, no probs...but they do tend to switch suppliers as said before.  A lot of the local companies they use (Decar etc) now meet you at the airport both ways, saves going to the offices which is great...BUT saying that, last time we were designated BUDGET, which confused us a bit as I spent ages looking outside for a sign with our name on and asking around everyone.....then when I rechecked my paperwork, it said go to the office inside, so watch out for that one (I wasted about 45 minutes looing outside for our car person!!) 
Also, make sure you note any damage, sometimes its a bit dark when you pick the car up, we had one company try to go round the car with the light of his mobile phone to show us the car...what we always tend to do in those cases if we are signing for the car in the dark is write on the contract "Car not examined for damage, no reponsibility excepted".
One other thing, Economy offer a free 2nd insured driver, but you must make sure they write your other drivers name on the contract otherwise they are not covered,...just another little point we picked up during our time renting.
But as said, no probs & 9/10 we have always been upgraded on the car as they only have so many anyway..

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:54:57 PM »
We have just got back from Kalkan, Car Hire with Economycarrentals.com went well and I would definately use them again.

We were met at arrivals and taken to our car parked about 100m away, I had taken Kalkankiwi's advice to provide licence details etc online so the paperwork consisted our a walk round the car (a slight upgrade from a Fiesta to a Fiat Almera) to check for damage and paying the rental fee by credit card. We were loaded up and on our way about 5 minutes after walking through the arrivals gate.

First stop was to fill up with petrol, an expensive do at nearly £8 a gallon, if you are planning on doing any serious milage it would be well worth paying extra for a diesel.

On the way back we dropped the car at departures right outside the terminal entrance, again someone was waiting for us and the handiover was completed inside of a minute.

Two very minor quibles, we had to pay 7TL parking fee to leave Dalaman and the petrol level was slighly optimistically described as quarter full (not enough to complain about but possibly something to watch for). 

In addition to the usual mad/erratic driving we came across a new Turkish road Hazard - a very large tortoise crossing the D400. Thankfully the traffic was as usual very light and it was just about across the road when we noticed it.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:11:08 PM by alantj »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:59:06 PM »
He'd just left the Shell garage....................sorry i'll get my coat!! ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:10:41 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »
Ha ha ha!!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kazaroni64

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
hi there , is the rent still 104 pounds a week ? or is it special promotion ?

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »
Hi,

£104 was the price at the time, not a special offer but I assume prices will go up for the peak season.

Regards

Alan

Offline kazaroni64

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
thanks  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
car hire in dalaman ?

Started by kazaroni64 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 11, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
by doug46b
xx
Ticket forr sale. Norwich/Dalaman return Dalaman/Stanstead

Started by nr1stu on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
by nr1stu
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Re: Car Hire?

Started by Alex on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post April 18, 2014, 03:56:09 PM
by Alex

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Oz Adana

Views: 6558
By: Babadag
Joan H, Ray & Us