Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!  (Read 23482 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: End of the Forum?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
I too prefer this site to all of the others...the FB groups are good because you are often using that application anyway, but this group is my go to group.  I know alot of the people are the same, but this feels gentler.

I came off the FB groups because the user behaviour was making me sad.  I let the moderators know why I was leaving because it felt like people were disrespecting the intention of the site and that was sad for the admin team.  They were very gracious and let me back in as I need to get back ‘in the zone’....did I mention I go back out in 4 days......

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 44
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »
I too love this site - I'm a lurker rather than a poster.....particularly like reading the holiday reports.....if you shared the fact that you'd had a not so good meal on the FB page you would have 48 posts telling you you don't know how steak should be cooked!
We are back in Turkey doing a little tour between Antalya and Dalaman in October, 5 nights will be spent in Kalkan so I intend to be a roving reporter this time

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 09:04:24 AM »
Good for you Alibobs.  I have often done holiday reports, but over the last couple of trips I have bored my self just writing them as we tend to do the same things over and over!!  I travel out to Kalkan on Sunday so I will try and motivate myself... although I am travelling with a Kalkan newbie so who knows what will happen!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »
Hi Haybo.......I tend to write similar blogs as all of my holidays to Kalkan are fairly repetitive. Wake up early, take in the view, laze by the pool, Efes, pick up essential supplies, shower, down to Bezirgans for pre-dinner drinks, choose restaurant, meander down Town, browse shops, eat dinner,  stop off for a drink, back to villa, G&T on roof terrace enjoying the night sky (but NOT the laser lights).....off to bed and repeat the next day.

I really enjoy reading everyone's holiday reports and there is always something to write about. Looking forward to reading your next instalment.

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 44
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 11:07:17 PM »
Keith, that is pretty much how my report will read except I have my pre dinner drinks at Minibar not Bezirgan 😂😂😂

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 11:59:14 PM »
Hi Everyone,

It was really interesting and a little emotional reading this thread. Just to be clear there are no plans to close this forum if anything I would love to see it come back to life.

EK proudly launched many years ago as the original Kalkan site and over the years many more Kalkan sites have appeared eg KTLN, Friends of Kalkan, KalkanForum etc which is great for Kalkan in general.

Since the rise of social media giants many forums and traditional websites have struggled to keep posts as it’s so simple for people to post via the Facebook App especially for the generations where Facebook has always been a thing, although as you say it’s not the easiest platform to search.

So, what next? I’m happy to invest in EK to bring it more current, mobile friendly etc however a forum is only as busy as its members so please post on here, promote EK and encourage those that may never of heard of us to join the family.

If anyone has any techie problems with EK just drop me a line.

Jon

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 07:13:50 AM »
Jon...good news re keeping EK going. As mentioned I for one do not use FB so without this forum I wouldn't get any info/updates etc. 
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 09:43:37 AM »
Hey Jon! ...where you bin? :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 10:27:50 AM »
This has always been a great site. I’m not one for writing holiday reports as I just want to get on with my holiday with friends and family. I do read some of other people’s and marvel at what they pack into them. I suppose we do a lot as well but never have time to think about telling others. Sorry. I don’t do Facebook or twitter as I don’t like what I see, as much of it is about upsetting other people with opinions that should’ve been kept to themselves. Recently my Wife helped a few dogs that looked unwell or injured by contacting our daughter and she contacted Kapsa on Facebook. The replies to her and relayed to us were very quick and grateful. I guess we do post on some stuff. Hope the site keeps going. Always loved the cctv but waiting for it to return on Ktln. Been to kalkan twice in the last 14 weeks and look forward to our next visit. Regards. Ray

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
Hi BL and everyone else, it’s good to be back  :)

I took a bit of a break from EK and other commitments due to a spell of ill health but fighting fit and looking forward to bringing EK back with all its great members help.

Send me a PM of what you would like to see on here and let’s see if it’s possible!

Enjoy Kalkan everyone! Here’s to another 11 years!

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:26 PM »
I too would never touch Facebook, so if this forum dried up , I would have no outside contact with Kalkan and that would be really sad . The names and characters of everyone are such fun and I have my favourites.
When we first started using the forum we did a top 10 of restaurants for a couple of years but then realised this was mean as everyone likes different things .
We returned after about 3 years this year and it was like coming home. We have already booked for next year and I promise I will try harder but we are really boring pool, sea ,drink and eat 😁
Lynne

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 06:36:12 PM »
So how do we encourage others to move from Facebook to here  ??? :)

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »
This used to be an informative site, but it’s now basically a travel blog. And as others have intimidated once you’ve read one....
If I need any info now FB is usually the go to place. Many more users so many more opinions and recommendations.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:08 PM »
And.........what's wrong with a travel blog? I still find this site easier to navigate if I'm looking for specific information. Facebook may have better presentation but this is, in my opinion, the better platform for sharing information and spreading the word about Kalkan. As previously stated this forum encouraged us to take our first holiday to this special place and I hope that others will be given the same opportunity.

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with a blog at all if that’s the kind of thing you like. I merely said it’s not as informative as it was. It’s very well set out, just doesn’t get many informative posts now. FB has taken up where this left off (for information ) and most people looking for that have migrated there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:15:23 PM by caradog »

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »
I much prefer this site, I hate to say this but the people on here are more 'professional' for want of a better word. How many posts on the FB pages are 'what is the rate of exchange today?' asked over and over again! Er try google or Bank of Turkey.The killer for me however,was someone sitting in Botanik bar in the evening asking were there any nearby restaurants to eat in as she hadn't seen any when walking around! Unbelievable. Someone did reply and say'perhaps if you looked up from your phone you might actually see your surroundings'. EK was the original site and has served many over the years with sound advice to sensible questions.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »
Perhaps there needs to be some clearer FAQs for people on here then, for example the exchange rate, top restaurants etc. Facebook is certainly busier but I do get bored reading the same posts over and over I have to admit :)

As for photos - great idea, Ill make it easier for people to upload them

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »
Hi All

Ive now made EK more mobile friendly, so if you are browsing from an Android or iPhone the forum should be much easier to read. If you are browsing from a tablet you have the option to switch back to the full screen (non mobile) version at the bottom of the page.

Hope you like this change :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
Without Facebook there would be no Jeremy Kyle show....mmmmm! Come to think of it!!! >:D

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »
Good idea...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Korsan Apartments absolutely lovely trip!

Started by karenm on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 12:32:35 PM
by karenm
xx
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

80 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
New to the forum

Started by christian65 on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 07:42:58 PM
by Chucky
xx
Hello Forum!

Started by broadyboy123 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 12:13:26 PM
by broadyboy123

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal