Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: going it alone  (Read 7611 times)

Offline leighboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
going it alone
« on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »
Iv booked to go to kalkan in early June but have now split with partner and have to go
on my own. Am a bit dubious and I dont want to look like a billy nomates. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=926.0

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: going it alone
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:29:25 PM »
Well then, worry not!  Kalkan will welcome you with open arms and within 24 hours, you will feel that all of your fears have been subsided!  I often think that I would actually quite fancy a week on my own, as wherever you go, people will chat and be very welcoming towards you...especially if you are on your own.  Looking forward to your report back!  You will have a great time, so instead of looking at it with trepidation, look ahead excitingly......Kalkan will capture you.......

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »
Hi Leighboo,

I think the accommodation you''ve got planned will have a lot to do with how you get on initially. If you''re on a complex or apartment it should work out quite well. A villa can be slightly more work to ''get out there''. You wont be sitting on your own for more than 5 minutes anyway, if you join the festivities at someplace like the Moonlight or Yali bars.  Or the beach clubs during the day.   If the idea of getting there from the airport intimidates you too, I or any number of the guys on here will help with transfer advice or actual help.  You just have to ask.  I''m sure it''d work out fine for you.  Kalkan''s a very friendly place.

Best Wishes
Bill

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »
Welcome to the sight a wonderful welcome will await you in Kalkan, so dont worry about been on your own. Where will you be staying, let people know what dates you are over and I am sure someone will be happy to meet you at the moonlight for a drink. Take some books relax unwind and enjoy Kalkan :D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
Hi Leighboo - see what a friendly reaction you got - I replied to your posting on TA (FAED- villa kirmizi lale, Kalkan) - as I said in that post - I travel out frequently by myself and never feel alone or lonely - if I go in June - I will be sure to meet up with you!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:05:44 PM »
Hi
I often go on my own, and love it! Take a few good books, you''ll be fine. I don''t usually eat alone at night in the restaurants, but during the day with a good book, no problem!
Em
Em

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 08:15:16 AM »
leighboo - Well thats you sorted for June, no problems, just enjoy.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »
my other half goes out to Kalkan alone quite often.We also go out alone when we are in Kalkan together,sometimes one of us might not fancy going out so the other will,you will find it easy to talk to people and you will find the locals are great and will chat happily.....you never know who you might meet? ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

lolly

lolly
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »
Hi I have been out several times on my own,in fact I just going to book to out for Easter by myself (my choice).In the summer during the day you should have no problem I often go on boat trips on my own and soon make friends! If you have a couple of favorite restaurants you can go eat on your,if you know the owner or one of the waiters they will make you feel very welcome I highly recommened places like Doy Doy or The Ivy and Korsan.
Kalkan is one of the most friendliest places I have ever been too you will have no problem enjoy!
                                    Best wishes Lolly x

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »
Hello again, Leighboo. Am I right in thinking you are staying at the Samira? If so, I know you will be made welcome at the Kaya, Breeze and Atlantis restaurants that are all within a couple of minutes walk from there. If you put your dates in the "When are you in Kalkan" thread you will see who is else is going then and can even arrange a get together.

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »
I''m there again on the 13th of June for a week so I''d be definitely up for a get-together.  How do you navigate to the ''when you''re in Kalkan'' area joan?

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 08:51:06 PM »
Hi Bill,I think you click on the Calendar tab at the header on the top of the Home page. Select the period you are in Kalkan, and make your announcement,then click on the "post your event" tab, and post your message. I''m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Looks like we will miss you in June.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 09:25:09 PM »
I''ll be there in June if anyone fancies a beer!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
John we are there at the last week of june & first week july..i''d like to buy you a cold one!! ;)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »
I''ve been a couple of times on my own - stayed once in a villa and once in hotel.  Had a great time and never felt lonely for a moment!

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
thanks Joan, that worked out fine. I''m on the calendar now.  Jon, if you''re there from the week of 13th June, love to meet you and your better half!  Bill

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »
Posted the dates myself and Julie are back next year! Slightly embarrassed that I managed to do it wrong and not post an event link  :-[ Im clearly not posting enough anymore!  :D

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 09:29:10 PM »
Yes Jon, we miss you and Julie''s input.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 05:21:50 PM »
Hi Leighboo,
 I have been to Kalkan twice by myself and would highly recommend it. I had a week in May and another week in July( husband joined me the 2nd week) Loved every minute of it- total relaxation, pleased myself where and when I had a meal. I ate out every night and never felt uncomfortable, I even sat in bars alone which did not prove  a problem. Everyone is very friendly and I think you will find that when you return you are very ''chilled''. Can''t wait to repeat the experience.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »
We are there from 3rd June for two weeks and are always happy for others to join us. You won''t be a billy no mates.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Harbour

Views: 3920
By: Bob & Jayne
Frosted Efes