Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: It takes all sorts...I say, live and let live  (Read 3025 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
It takes all sorts...I say, live and let live
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Hi,

After reading some of the stuff that had been written on EK and on Trip Adviser recently regarding the 'new' kind of people that are holidaying in Kalkan I thought I would post on this subject....

For the last 4 years I have organised a 'Lads Trip' to our villa/Kalkan, in late Sept early Oct.

This year is no different, there will be 8 of us, 5 from South London & 3 from Manchester.

Here is a bit of background on our group.....

Ages range from 25 to 74, so a right mix.  Tattoos, just 2 of us, me & my son, albeit mine are just a couple of small ones I had done when I was 16, my son on the other hand has a fair few which are Very noticeable, shock, horror, whatever next !!!  Size....this will look funny to anyone that sees / meets us.....coming in at the bottom is my friend of 40 years, standing at a poor 5'5" while 4 of the 'gang' are over 6'3" with 2 of them 6'6", so Very hard to miss  ;) Bald heads, just 2, again my tattooed son ( 35 years old ) and the senior member of the 'Gang' which is fair enough, don't wish to offend anyone !!!  Jobs range from, 2 retired, including me, 2 ticket touts, a spark, a animation cameraman, a venture capitalist and 1 unemployed.
6 of the gang love their football, 4 united fans, me included, and 2 chelsea fans, albeit you won't see any of us in football shirts.

So in summery .......

'Likes'........watching football on Big flat screens, roof terrace dinning, eating delish food, chatting, laughing, drinking, lazy days by the pool, meeting all sorts of diff people, boat trip, this is always the highlight of the trip, and of course beautiful Kalkan  ;)

'Don't like'.....football shirts, drunk loud people, fishbowls, loud heavy bass music, searchlights,
Karaoke, and most of all, people judging other people by the way they look before they have had the chance to meet / talk to them  :'(.......oh, and just one other thing for me...Chelsea  >:D >:D >:D

So if you see us out do say hello, we don't bite  ;).   

Kalkan, there is something for everyone, young, old, short, tall, retired, even people with tattoos  ;) ::) ;)

I will try to post a couple of reports of our trip.

Take care.....OneLove(United).

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11632.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: It takes all sorts...I say, live and let live
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:31:14 AM »
how about a retired lady with tattoos ?  :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Onelove, I feel quite insulted! I used to stand proudly at 5 foot 5" and never considered myself "poor"! Now, I have worn down a bit and struggle to make 5' 4", so I have to wear high heeled crocs to look others in the eyes!

I am sure you will have a fabulous time and I am quite envious, despite the few tattoos and bald heads (and I would probably cope with guys from South London - if the holiday were free).

Waiting for your posts - I expect a short video.

Antler

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
how about a retired lady with tattoos ?  :)

Muuuu, sounds ok, as long as they are spelt right  ;D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:47:38 AM »
Onelove, I feel quite insulted! I used to stand proudly at 5 foot 5" and never considered myself "poor"! Now, I have worn down a bit and struggle to make 5' 4", so I have to wear high heeled crocs to look others in the eyes!

I am sure you will have a fabulous time and I am quite envious, despite the few tattoos and bald heads (and I would probably cope with guys from South London - if the holiday were free).

Waiting for your posts - I expect a short video.

Antler

So sorry Antler, poor use of 'poor' no offence intended  ;) :) ;)  I'm not you would call lofty...at 5'9"

Loved reading your posts and watching your vid's......I will do my best, but don't expect anything like the standards you set.....how do you post vid's ???

OneLove.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
No offense taken, onelove, just laughing my socks off......

For vids, I opened a YouTube account before I left for Kalkan. I use gmail anyway, so it was dead easy - I just linked it to another gmail email address.

Then, I just stuck the little SD card from my Aldi camera into the slot on Mrs A's laptop (Samsung, like they have in Cafe Leon) and uploaded onto my local drive, went into YouTube and pressed upload. It browses your local drive and click on it when you find it.

Uploading can take ages and so I tried to keep the vids around a minute or less. (you will also bore people if very long).

As it uploads into YouTube it tells you the adddress of this video, so I copied that adddress and once it had finished, just pasted that address into my blog.

I am the worlds worst IT techy. So, if I can do it........simples.

Hope that explains it OK.

Cheers,

Antler

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
Thanks Antler........albeit, me thinks it's far to techie for me....you say your bad, I can't get the telly on in hotels anymore  ???

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I will try, honest  :o

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
 :) thats good then. not many ways to spell ian! so i will still be allowed in tanzore? :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
:) thats good then. not many ways to spell ian! so i will still be allowed in tanzore? :)

Mmmmm, I suppose so  ;) :) :)

Funny you should mention tanZore, I had a takeaway last night, could not eat it all, so just had the left overs for lunch.....delish  :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
UK live TV

Started by chickengeorge on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post October 09, 2017, 05:37:05 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Can't live without........

Started by turkeyfan on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post February 12, 2008, 09:22:17 PM
by felicity
xx
LIVE MUSIC

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 09, 2012, 07:40:51 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Live entertainment

Started by clara 50 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post August 22, 2012, 04:25:14 PM
by Enişte

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal