Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KISLA  (Read 6343 times)

Offline josie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
KISLA
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
I am interested in booking a villa in Kalkan for August 2010. I have looked at  'theheavenlyhouse villa' which looks lovely. My only reservation is that it is in Kisla, which is a little bit further out of town than I would have liked. It is however very close to a beach club and has beautiful views etc. I would appreciate any advice, feedback etc from people who know the area before I commit to booking. Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4888.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: KISLA
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
Hi Josie welcome to the forum.
Over many years of visiting Kalkan I've come to the conclusion that everyone has their own idea of the best location. All I can say is that if you don't have a problem with walking a fair distance or paying for a taxi then it really is up to the individual to decide what property suits them best. There have been numerous debates over locations with some preferring the old town for ease of access to all the main amenities, others prefer being further up the main hill for the breathtaking views and tranquility, others prefer being out near the beach clubs. Personally I like being near the town but can easily understand the lure of more out of "town" areas. It really depends on whether the members of your group are happy to walk in the heat or are happy to pay for short taxi journeys. If neither of these apply then I would suggest looking at somewhere a bit more central. It really is down to what is most appropriate for you and your family. All I can say is I'm sure you won't be disappointed with wherever you choose so long as you've made an informed choice and as such won't get any nasty shocks with regards to need for taxis or long walks. I'm sure others will have their own opinions so please keep asking the questions and we'll do our best to answer

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »
People do also hire cars which comes to about the same as taking taxis and allows you more freedom to visit the surrounding area.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »
Itstime has pretty much summed it up.
We are in Kisla and drive or use taxis and only walk into the village out of season when it's cooler.  Taxi prices vary from 10 lira to 15 lira and as a general rule double after midnight. The journey time is no more than 5 mins to the harbour or about 3 mins to the top of the village.  The things we love about Kisla are the views, the peacefulness, it faces West, the amazing sunsets and the Villa Mahal beach club. 
You really shouldn't be disappointed with any area. No matter where you decide to stay in Kalkan it's all lovely. :)

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »
I've just had a look where this villa is, it looks stunning ! I don't think you are too far round from the centre so the walk shouldn't be too bad, it looks closer than Club Patara where we are based. It is downhill most of the way once you are out of the villa and onto the main road. Coming back from the centre is a bit of a treck uphill (especially if you are at the harbour)but a taxi won't cost much. Also you have Adda supermarket and also the lovely Luka restaurant on the road as you turn into the village in case you don't want to go right into the centre. I'm sure you will love it the views from there will be lovely ;D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
I agree with all of the above... wherever you stay in Kalkan has its pros and cons, it's just a case of working out what's important for you. There's something for everyone here.

Personally, proximity to the town and generally having facilities close to hand are the most important details for me - I couldn't care less about views, as I don't intend to spend any time looking at them! - but plenty of others consider a great view to be an essential part of their holiday accommodation.

Each to their own.... if the view is important to you, and you are prepared to accept a bit of a journey to get into the town, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the villa you have in mind - it looks spectacular!

Hope you have a great time in Kalkan, wherever you decide to stay - I'm sure you will!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
Martin I can't believe that anyone who holidays in Kalkan couldn't care less about that view!

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »
Josie, Go for it, you wont be disappointed. The views from Kisla are to die for. You get an all around panorama of the bay , islands and over to Kalkan and the harbour.At night its  just magical as the Kalkan lights twinkle like stars while you sit on your terrace and enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
KK

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
Martin I can't believe that anyone who holidays in Kalkan couldn't care less about that view!

Of course... what I meant was simply that as there are plenty of places in Kalkan where you can get a fantastic view, you don't necessarily need it from your accommodation if all you are doing is sleeping there!

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
Can't believe that anyone going to a place like Kalkan would think that. What about breakfast on the bacony enjoying watching the boats going out for the day and even better views from the roof terrace in the evening enjoying your glass of wine before going into the town for the evening. As you say each to their own!!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
As you say each to their own!!

Exactly - I'd get bored looking at the same view every morning & evening!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:24:26 PM by MartynE »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »
I wouldn't say that to your Mrs :o :o( it might incur the same response as answering "Yes it looks huge" to the question "does my bum look big in this?" ;D)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »
that may be your interpretation of my statement, Mr Lizard... I could not possibly comment ;) ;D

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Hi Josie!
What an incredible Villa - it really does look superb! A great find! If that was within my budget, I would certainly be "going for it".

We used taxis every day in Kalkan last year, mostly to go the 5 minute ride up to The Mediteran, because we loved the view (as well as tremendous food and infinity pool!). So we spent £50 or so over the holiday getting to and from a paradise location. But you would be staying in one?!

If you do decide to book it, hope it's as good as it looks & sounds,

cheers

Antler

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »
Josie, that villa looks amazing.... :) I would NEVER tire of that view..it's stunning
We've stayed both in the centre and out of town, but we never fail to have a fabulous time, as I'm sure you will. For us, wherever we stay, the view is a priority and there are some wonderful views to be had in the centre of Kalkan if you need to be near everything, but the views from Komurluk, Patara Prince and Kisla back towards Kalkan are stunning - and walking to and from the village certainly helps shift that personal excess baggage which accumulates particularly around the tummy during the holiday  ;D ;D
Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a wonderful break
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline casey

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
 :)We have a villa in Kisla and the views are fantastic.  Itis a little way out of town but in the summer we hire a car although the family walk down to to Kalkan beach club and get the boat across to the harbour.  Its the highlight of the childrens' holidays.  The walk back up is tough in the summer but the walk down is fine! Spring & autumn we walk to town and taxi back in the dark.  The sunsets are second to none - Patara Prince Hotel is also great for a full day- the charge is very reasonable and I can recommend it.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kisla

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2010, 12:54:55 AM
by kim21
xx
Kisla

Started by Sulwath on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 09:49:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kisla map

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 11:54:44 AM
by alshepuk
question
Kisla

Started by wendyg on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 09:55:21 AM
by Kalkankiwi

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal