Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Mature Times" article  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
"Mature Times" article
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
I have had a little search but can't find this article mentioned before - I have never heard of Mature Times either but maybe other forum members have?

www.maturetimes.co.uk/node/2258

The author's maths seems good - pity we don't seem to get the same returns because we are hard pushed (with the few bookings we seem to achieve) to get our apartment to even pay for itself never mind make a profit!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4434.0

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: "Mature Times" article
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:03 AM »
They must be about the luckiest people in Kalkan. I haven't seen any apartments or even villas double in price (except in theory) in recent years. Very few villas are rented all year and even if they were, there is no mention of electricity costs. With renters switching on air con 24/7 in summer and winter the bills would be horrific. Plus all year renting would double the maintenance bills. Add in all other costs eg. to service the original purchase price, tax,etc and you might make a small return which would pay for your hols. It looks more like a sales pitch.

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: "Mature Times" article
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
I noticed that the article was written in March 2007 and the writer was talking in the past tense regarding the investment doubling in 'the last 18 months', which would put the purchase back to Autumn 2005. So perhaps they did do well as prices were lower then - but maybe now their profit margin isn't so big in the current economic climate.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal