Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Suspicious activity - or not?  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Suspicious activity - or not?
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:59:37 AM »
What do people think about this?

We have a house in the old town. It, together with two others, is accessed down a passageway off a side street from Hasan Altan Caddesi. Yesterday (Saturday), on returning home from the beach at around 3.30 pm, we saw two young Turkish men, of smart appearance and smartly dressed for mid-afternoon, near the steps to our house, apparently taking photos of the house next door (whose owners are in the UK at the moment). They both had professional-looking cameras on tripods. We said hello and went indoors. The men cleared off almost immediately. Also, there was a young woman in the side street, apparently waiting for the men. She was wearing traditional Turkish dress, with a purple muslim headscarf.

We didn't think much of it at the time, but afterwards I began wondering if they were casing the area for a break-in, with the young woman as lookout. The guys did look a bit guilty when we appeared (or maybe just surprised to see anyone else). Or am I being paranoid. What do people think, or has anyone else seen the young men around?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6538.0

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Suspicious activity - or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 07:25:38 AM »
These people are currently taking photographs in and around the village for a Kalkan booklet to be published next year. They are all quite legitimate and are not potential thieves.

If you had asked them what they were doing, they would have been delighted to explain.

Will

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Suspicious activity - or not?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »
Ah - thanks for that, Will.
It would have felt a bit nosey to have asked them what they were doing. Besides, they didn't seem to have much English and our Turkish is not really good enough (well: I could have managed "what are you doing?", but probably wouldn't have understood the answer!).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal