Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking a baby to Kalkan  (Read 5171 times)

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Taking a baby to Kalkan
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Hi. Has anyone taken a young (4month old) baby to Kalkan?
Our daughter, son in law and yet to be born grandchild are joining us in October and any tips and advice would be very gratefully received.
Flights are booked with Easyjet but unable to give baby's name yet when booking. Is this going to be a problem?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13654.0

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post

Offline worbler

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Taking a baby to Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
I was in Kalkan with my little son for one time. And that was amazing time for him. He played near the water and enjoyed to rest here

Offline mikewmartin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »
Our daughter joined as in Kalkan 2 years ago when her baby was 8 weeks olld. We had a fabulous time.

Most important was:-
- obviously to have a buggy so the baby could sleep.
- some roads are rather steep, so zigzag across the road to travel upwards ensures you don't tire yourself out.
- buy a tiny paddle pool (just 1m across) so the baby could splash about with toys and keep cool even on the beach.
- of course buy or take lots of toys.
- buy your own good shade for the beach.
- we bought a £50 microwave from a shop up on the main road to sterile bottles etc.
- we bought lots of bottled water for sterilising etc
- my daughter brought a small cool box to hold expessed milk for use during day on beach. Of course the mini cool box needed several freezer boards to keep milk cool. Our hotel and all restaurants were excellent in offering to refreeze freezer boards.
- when my daughter had an expected problem with her the expensive electric express pump that she brought with her, she found she could quickly buy an inexpense version from a local Pharmacy.
- the same was true about baby feeding bottles.
- I think she took more emergency powdered milk that she was ever likely to need, so I dont remember about that availability.
- I recall there was plenty of availability of nappies via both the larger supermarkets and local mini markets.
- a slight problem was getting transport from Dalaman that had reverse facing child seat. I finally sorted it via physically having to visit Enes and getting them to fully understand the requirement.
- All restaurants and bars were absolutely fantasic. The waiters always carried the buggy down/up steps including to the highest roof top restaurants.
- we even went on bay boat trips without any problems.
- Everyone was so helpful.
- I think tne only slight difficulty is that several streets are both cobbled and steep, but by grandad's help everthing was fine.
- The little boy has gone every year since (aged 0, 1, & 2). This year he will be three (of course a different experience each time, but all so enjoyable).

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:47 AM »
Thank you mikewmartin for taking the time to write that post. It was very kind of you and very helpful and reassuring. Will certainly try the tip about pushing the buggy up hills!!

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 08:07:45 AM »
Forgot to ask........how did you manage if you wanted to get a taxi back to your villa/apartment? Do any of them at taxi rank have car seats fitted?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
I've never seen any car seats in local taxis, they aren't required by law and as Turks will take 4 on a scooter their view of child safety is different. When my grandson was 13 months we used taxis a couple of times from the harbour and as it was only for a really short distance and we would only be travelling at a moderate pace just held him inside the seat belt with his mum. I've seen people take car seats with them on the plane, is that an option?

Offline mikewmartin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
Sorry for late reply.

We were staying at the Pirat Hotel so no need for a taxi around Kalkan.

However we did need a child car seat to/from Dalaman. Our hotel was using Enes for transfers at the time, but it required a personal physical visit to Enes to ensure an appropriate car seat was going to be provided (despite it being requested via the hotel).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Taking Furniture to Kalkan

Started by Mayday1 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post October 02, 2013, 03:49:59 PM
by jcac
xx
taking an infant to kalkan

Started by Vitvoo on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 17, 2015, 04:38:44 PM
by sammybear
recycled
Kalkan with a baby!

Started by em_s on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 11:20:58 AM
by Lougie
xx
Kalkan with a small baby........?

Started by LozJay on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 30, 2010, 08:10:27 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal