Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: taking an infant to kalkan  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Vitvoo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
taking an infant to kalkan
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »
Hi all.  Was a regular in kalkan until.5 years ago and am now going back with my 7 month old baby.  Anyone have any advice on buying necessities for an infant... nappies, formula milk, baby food jars etc?  We are staying at mediterrean so v close to town but not sure what i may need to take vs be able to buy.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks muchly

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12978.0

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: taking an infant to kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »
Hi we are going back in September with our 7 month old baby too! I have been advised on here to use bottled water boiled for her bottles. There's loads of fresh fruit/veg if you want to do your own food, last year when I was in Kalkan and pregnant I scouted the supermarkets and you can get jars etc. I've also been told that nappy bags are hard to find so bring your own as well as swimming nappies as they are expensive. You can also do a Boots order here online and arrange to collect it at the airport Boots branch (we are Gatwick) which is what we are doing with her formula etc.  oh and we are bringing her nappies as I believe the ones in Turkey are scented  ??? And our little one has sensitive skin. if I think of anything else I'll post it  :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:04:11 PM by Holidaylover28 »

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
My daughter took cartons of the ready mixed milk for our grandson, it took up some suitcase space and weight but it made life easy. They have baby food jars but probably less choice than in the uk.

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post

Offline Vitvoo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:57:54 PM »
Thank you v much :)

Offline sammybear

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
Hi, we've been taking our little one once she was 11 weeks old. You can buy most stuff there, but to be on the safe side we took large formula in hand baggage (don't forget you get 10kg of hold luggage free with a baby). We took our own nappies and also sterilising tablets rather than a whole steriliser. Once a bit bigger we took our own baby food too.
We bought wipes etc out in Kalkan. If you look on Kalkan Concierge website they do hiring of all baby stuff - we used them and they were fantastic - everything set up ready for you and very clean. We hired a cot, high chair and toys. Took our own mozzie nets and we also had a travel mattress which you can pick up in ToysRUs or similar - they fit in your case and just make the travel cots a bit more comfy. We also used sheet sleeping bags which were brill - really thin sleeping bags made of just a sheet to keep babies covered but not overheated. And also had mozzie stickers - you can get them in Boots, Amazon etc and just stick them on buggies, cots etc to keep them away! PM me if you need any more advice - it's far easier than you imagine! x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Infant's Cot

Started by Chris S on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2014, 03:18:52 PM
by Chris S
xx
Taking a baby to Kalkan

Started by lynda on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 11, 2017, 10:49:39 PM
by mikewmartin
xx
Taking Furniture to Kalkan

Started by Mayday1 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post October 02, 2013, 03:49:59 PM
by jcac
xx
a great holiday rport fom a boston travel writer taking in Kas & Kalkan

Started by brian j p on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post November 04, 2015, 03:53:38 PM
by brian j p

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3502
By: shining-one
Fenner Cafe at Sunset