Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Digiturk satellite television.  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Digiturk satellite television.
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »
Digiturk Satellite Television
Four years ago I signed up to receive Digiturk on a two year contract written in Turkish, because of poor reception we were not able to receive many of the programmes so at the end of the two year contract we tried to cancel and return the control box.

It’s a very long sad story so I won’t go through the whole saga but due to the fact that I could not get the local Digiturk shop to give me a receipt for the box I contacted Digiturk direct and paid my outstanding bill in full.

I was then told they would get an engineer to contact me and tell me where to return the box, after another couple of calls to try and find where to return the box I gave up put it into our store room and forgot about it.

I have just received a phone call from their lawyer’s office, no invoice or anything in writing just a phone call demanding 170tl rental for the box.

In the small print written in Turkish on the contract I had not noticed that the Box, Digicard, remote control and scart lead were their property and charged at 14tl per month rental even after the signal has been switched off and the contract had ended.

So if you have a Digiturk box in your store room that you have not returned you may be racking up a sizeable bill.

A Turkish friend contacted them for me,  as the lawyers office do not have any fluent English speaking  staff and finally found out  that the box must be returned to the  Digiturk office  in Kas

I have returned my box and now have a receipt, but I am still poorer by 170tl.

The Digiturk office in Kas is just across from the bus station.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8899.0
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:22:49 AM by Buster »
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Digiturk satellite television.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Strange that as when I finished with Digiturk, just took my box back to Unal Electrics opposite TEDAS office they gave me a receipt
Job done  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
UK television channels

Started by butterfly on Living In Kalkan

8 Replies
Last post January 23, 2011, 08:28:33 AM
by Cosetta
xx
Satellite TV

Started by shazfran on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post November 04, 2012, 04:41:32 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Satellite TV

Started by chickengeorge on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 09:28:19 PM
by kevincat99
xx
digiturk cut

Started by hel66 on The Everything Else Area!

1 Replies
Last post August 10, 2008, 03:07:55 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal