Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dolmus from Kisla to Kalkan  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Dodgers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Dolmus from Kisla to Kalkan
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »
Hello

Does anyone know if there is a dolmus from Kisla to Kalkan? Also does anyone know if there is a market in Kalkan and if so what day. Will be travelling there on the 6th July and am really looking forward to it. Will be staying at the Eagles Nest near to The Patara Prince. Any tips or suggestions welcomed. Have heard that there is a boat that runs from Villa Mahal. Would they be ok with us using this? Of course we would be willing to drink and eat there etc.

Cheers

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8030.0

Offline zros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Fallen in love with Kalkan and the people
    • Share Post
Re: Dolmus from Kisla to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »
Hi, you will have a wonderful time and probably will not need a dolmus to go into Kalkan as there is a new path from Kisla to Kalkan which takes 15-20mins walk and early morning it is a lovely walk with the sun rising from behind heating your backs and good views of Snake Island. Then you can catch the boat back to Mahal but you will be charged and I think it is 10lire per person. That price gives you a sun bed at the Mahal.  Or you can catch the boat which has 'Kalkan Beach Club' and this takes you to the far side of Kisla and costs 4lire per person. This entitles to a free drink and a sun bed.  Or you can save the ticket for the evening to have a drink before catching the last boat at 7pm into Kalkan. We used this boat every day and enjoyed the walk so make sure you have comfortable walking shoes and a bottle of water.  8)

Offline Dodgers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
Hi Zros,

Thank you for your very informative response. My friend and I are really looking forward to our stay and its great to hear that there is now a path from Kisla to Kalkan. Even better to hear that there are places to eat and drink (as well as a shop) in Kisla.

So looking forward to our holiday especially as the weather here is vile at the moment.

D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
For your other query there is a market in Kalkan on a Thursday - it's past the top roundabout and up the hill past the Nur Hotel and Patisserie (good pitstop on the way back) but there are good veggies, herbs and spices, clothes, knick knacks and pots and pans etc.  Worth getting there early as it gets pretty hot later in the day!  :) :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan - Kas Dolmus

Started by JenJen on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2009, 08:45:43 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
kalkan dolmus

Started by katmanjock on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 08:59:37 PM
by katmanjock
xx
A Dolmus service for Kalkan?

Started by felicity on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 03:25:37 PM
by Cruisecontroller
recycled
Kisla to Kalkan

Started by Mary Welsh on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post September 24, 2010, 09:33:07 AM
by M n M

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal