Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furniture  (Read 3446 times)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Furniture
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
I am looking to buy some wrought iron sofas to put in my new Ottoman seating area outside. 

By accident, I have found just what I''m looking for in Kalkan and have been offered a 30% discount but I have absolutely NO idea if this is a fair and reasonable price or whether I should be waiting or looking elsewhere and if I should be looking elsewhere - where might that be and what sort of prices should I be looking at..??

I have been looking at a 3 seater sofa and 2 single chairs (3 pieces of furniture seating 5 people) all in wrought iron with big comfy cushions with removable washable covers and have been quoted 1300ytl. 

Looking forward to all your advice!! 

many thanks!   :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2791.0
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Furniture
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »
Hi Felicity,

I dont know how much they are (and I can''t remember they name of the shop) - gosh this sounds like duff information already!   :P We had wrought iron beds made (to our design and within a week) by a shop on the Kalamar Road.  They are really nice and we paid £500 for a king size and two singles which we were more than happy with and we went back at a later date for made to measure wrought iron mirrors. I know that they make the sofas and tables too but unfortunately I don''t know how much they are.  The shop is a short way up the KR on the left hand side and sells towels, beddings and curtains too and it usually has a bed ''parked'' on the road outside.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with their contact details.

K
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Hi Felicity,

I have brought 2 sets of this furniture, the first one cost approx £500 and the 2nd one cost approx £600, albeit I must say, the 2nd one is better made and looks nicer, its like anything else, you get what you pay for, I think it pays to shop around....I hope this helps
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
Felicity,

In end of Oct 2008 the shop below Adda furniture  that also does curtains etc quoted me 600 YTL for one 3 seater wrought iron sofa with the cushions. Being late season I offered him 400 ytl but he wasn''t remotely interested and I am still without my terrace furniture as I was leaving for home a day later and haven''t been back since then.
I am after a sofa and one chair so maybe we could do a deal with your supplier ( not quite buy one get one free but half price would be nice ) Are you out there at present ?

For one of the earlier posts the shop in the Kalamar Rd that does curtains etc is called Zeki and yes I remember them having wrought iron furniture also.They made all my blinds and they did an excellent job. Osman and his brother run the shop.
KK

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
We bought a 2/3 seater setee, and two large chairs with the big squashy cushions last May from the small shop just before you get to Adda furnishings on the left hand side. It cost £400. We looked around a lot and this was easily the best price, we ordered and paid for it in May and then came home keeping our fingers crossed that it would be delivered, which it was 2 weeks later. Can''t remember the name of the shop but it was run by a young couple who could speak very little English.

Offline sue1945

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »
Can I ask Felicity if she got her furniture if so where and was she pleased with it I am arriving on MOn 23rd on a forray for all relevant stuff. Does anyone have good sources they would care to share

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:33:28 PM »
Hi Sue - no - I havent yet purchased - as I am now back in the UK and finding it very difficult to do remotely - you really need to look and touchy feely..so it will have to wait...!!  All I have sussed out - is there is plenty of choice and not to be taken in by the first bargain you come across despite the sales patter - as there is always somewhere else offering the same if not better deal..!!!

Cheers!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »
hI Sue,
I am sure if you look back on some of the old threads in the Owners Lounge and the shopping thread, there are several that cover furnishing a place.
Joan

Offline HEATH

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »
Hi Felicity,
            We got two wrought iron sofas/beds 3 seater with removable cussions made to are design for £180 each in July last year.In the village on the old road just before Kalkan at the iron works just about half way down on the left when going out of Kalkan.
                                                HEATH.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
Thanks Heath - I will investigate that option when out in Kalkan in April - that sounds a good price!  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Furniture

Started by babyboomer on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 11:55:13 PM
by babyboomer
xx
Furniture!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 07:18:15 AM
by Lazyjay
xx
Moving furniture

Started by Sivadmv on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 16, 2014, 07:38:11 PM
by Sivadmv
xx
Garden Furniture

Started by Elee on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2011, 04:42:50 PM
by turkeyfan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Our Caretaker

Views: 3407
By: kalkanvirgin
Yakapark Trout.JPG