Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Registering visitors to villas/apartments  (Read 28097 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Registering visitors to villas/apartments
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 08:40:08 AM »
The company that has done our transfers & car hire for the last 9 years will do it for free if you are willing to use them for your transfers. Very good company with 100% service English speaking and writing so Nothing lost in translation

pm me for details.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 09:24:26 AM »
And some management/maintenace people being used are not a registered company so not going to be recognised by the authorities.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:52:35 AM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
I agree with "Cosetta” in that some will simply remove the properties from the rental market OR simply continue to rent out and use without registering as it would take that long to determine who has broken the rules and how would they be able to do that, they do not have enough employees to visit every property every week to see if someone in and even then it would take so long to cross reference  and by the time they did that the  law change  will have been repealed  :::::  28 day to go registered or not!  yeeeeeeeee  haaaaaaaaa.  Also  agree with MartynE,  to await clarification from KTLN  , 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:29:05 AM by brian j p »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 09:34:39 AM »
Don't forget to add into the equation the people who will dob you in be it out of jealousy or spite or you are foreign or for some other reason >:D
......just sayin!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 10:37:16 AM »
It will be helpful when a definitive report on this is available, and my money is on KTLN for a factual, comprehensive and objective article.

So many conflicting stories and discrepancies which seem to be leading to fear, mistrust and confusion. As an example, my management company has already met with and registered with the authorities in Kas and our reporting starts next week. Apparently the system is already up and running in Kas. Some surprising statements they were told (and I'm not claiming any of these are gospel) included:

* The 'software' required is free - you don't have to buy it.

* There is a requirement for the registered management company to visit your property and physically check guests' passports within so many hours of their arrival. This is not optional. They are responsible and accountable to the authorities for this. The liability is shared with the owner.

* The Jandarma will be spot checking properties throughout the season. Information from the system will be uploaded to the authorities in Ankara, and the Jandarma will be sent daily occupancy lists, from which they will perform their checks.

* The registration official in Kas is asking those registering to 'report' those who they believe not to be complying.

I understand that the government's reason for all this is to prevent terrorists and other criminals from 'hiding' in rental properties. It could be said that both those groups of people possibly have little regard for the law anyway, and may have fake IDs so may be untraceable, but whilst it's likely that 99.99% of renters are regular holiday makers, it does send out a clear message that security and surveillance is being tightened up which will be for everyone's benefit.

I understand and respect the rationale for this new ruling, but as this issue of 'national security' is so critical, where is the official government directive and guidance for owners? They are not exactly making it easy for us to comply. I think we all agree that the much-anticipated KTLN report will be very welcome.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
OneLove ... Is your transfer company a legally registered mgmt company? If so, that would be a fair trade.

We know several families who do not use management companies at all, so if all this is true, the only solution for thos people is some sort of cooperative for owners who manage their own properties.  I hope John's report will not have yet more conflicting info, not due to him but because it all too often happens that "officialdom" often hands down general information open to many different interpretations.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
My understanding is that John (KTLN) is getting together with several others who are involved to try to resolve some of the discrepancy's today and will write it up once the fog clears. It can't be an easy task because there are as many views and interpretations as there are questions.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
Beware those with vested interests, beware those with no qualifications and/or little knowledge, but most of all... beware complacency.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
I had a meeting this morning with my Turkish friend regarding this new law etc.

He had a 2 hour one to one meeting with the head of the Jandarma in Kas 4 days ago so he is Fully up to speed with what this new law entails.

So, it's really not anything to worry about as long as you have someone (100% reliable) who will do the ness on your behalf.

He showed me the Gov on-line programme (that he had to buy) that has to be filled out Every day (365 days a year) even when your property is Empty.

This is what needs to be done.....Whoever is staying at your property (this only applies if you have rented your property in the past but no longer do & of course if you rent your property).  If a 3rd party is going to do this for you (which is by far the best way of doing it)
They will need a copy of the passport of ALL people staying at your property so they can register them on the Gov system. This HAS TO BE DONE EVERYDAY that they are staying in you property...so for example if you have 8 guests staying for 2 weeks someone has to input the data 112 times (you can't just put AN Other is stay from the 1st May until the 15th)

Of course this takes a lot of time and has quite a big cost to it.

If you would like details of who is doing this for us and how the deal works please feel free to pm me.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »
Where do you fit in these new regulations if you rented in the past but are now resident in the property I wonder.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Very comprehensive report on this now available on KTLN, although its very clear that this isnt the definitive, but as John sees it. Sets everything out in very clear terms so owners can understand the rationale and what is required, with a number of possible paths to take.

Well done KTLN!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
Jeeeez! Going on your holibobs used to be so easy!! :-\

Offline 9yearsinkalkan

• Villa Elsa, Kalamar Bay
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »
For owners....
More red tape essentially....Their Management companies will need to install / buy software and log all clientele daily ....hopefully smallish cost to owners on their yearly maintenance bill.

Security reasons / failed coup attempt / and the 'T' word all mean we are living in a very strange world at this moment in time....

In the grand scheme of things.......Kalkan will as always be stunning / beautiful / charming and scenic we all know that

B.L......is your passport photo looking chipper for scrutiny......!!!!!!....

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »
For owners....
More red tape essentially....Their Management companies will need to install / buy software and log all clientele daily ....hopefully smallish cost to owners on their yearly maintenance bill.

Security reasons / failed coup attempt / and the 'T' word all mean we are living in a very strange world at this moment in time....

In the grand scheme of things.......Kalkan will as always be stunning / beautiful / charming and scenic we all know that

B.L......is your passport photo looking chipper for scrutiny......!!!!!!....

I don't think it's a "smallish" cost for owners. Have you considered the point made on KTLN and elsewhere about setting up a company as the taxes due are in fact "business taxes" and not income tax. If this is enforced it will make most single owner lettings financially non viable. Some are already withdrawing their property from the rental market.

Offline 9yearsinkalkan

• Villa Elsa, Kalamar Bay
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
Hi Caradog, my thoughts were posted in an evolving situation, and as mentioned on KTLN, all is not yet clear and clarification will eventually come from Ankara.
Having spoken to my management today, they appear to have an excellent handle on the issue and are implementing what is necessary right now.Their local knowledge of exactly what is needed is a great comfort.

The two certainties in life are......?????

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Aside from the taxes, it has also been pointed out that any missing or incorrect information will be the responsibility of the property owner who will receive the fine.  Relying on others to do something so exacting is taking a big risk, IMHO.  You have probably heard of at least some cases where owners thought their affairs were being taken care of only to later discover that they had no tapu or bills had not been paid or ...

The risk is not worth the rental income.  We will wait a year and see what develops.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »
If you stop advertising your property how would anyone know if those loyal repeat guests arent family...? Would there be a requirement to prove this? Im not suggesting anyone breaks the law, I'm just asking the question...

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
A few years ago we were visited twice by someone from the finance department.  We had to prove that we were the owners of the villa and were actually living in it.  If the owner is not physically present, it is assumed the occupants are guests, even if they are family members.  We had difficulties even being physically present and showing our tapu. 

All properties that advertise must register as a "pension".  Not worth the risks, the costs and the possible fines from the general chaos that could come out of this.

We will remove all advertising.

Offline Little Missy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
    • Owners Direct
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
Maybe, kalkan4ever, those 'loyal guests' completed a review for your holiday villa/apartment which was published on your advertising site or your own website.  Don't treat the Turkish authorities like idiots who don't know what they are doing.  Otherwise you might get your fingers burnt badly.

I am with Cosetta on this, I have already cancelled and returned deposits to guests that had booked for June, I only have one other booked for later in the year, I will be contacting them as well.  I paid for an accountant to asses my rental tax and paid it every year. I would never dream of breaking the tax law in the UK, and I sure as hell do not intend of doing so in a foreign country and risking a custodial sentence and my property being seized, that way lies madness.

I will bite the bullet and have to use my savings to subsidize my maintenance costs for this year for my property.  What I am waiting for is to see how the Presidential election pans out.  That, in my opinion will be the catalyst for the future of Turkey and Kalkan.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2017, 11:26:53 AM »
I dont own, Little Missy....just asking the question.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Question for owners who rent out villas/apartments

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 08:09:20 AM
by Legionaire
xx
Strange (bizarre) and mysterious occurances when renting out villas/apartments

Started by Chris S on General Discussion

36 Replies
Last post May 10, 2013, 07:54:37 AM
by onelove
xx
Registering with the Jandarma

Started by tiamaria on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 10:16:51 AM
by tiamaria
xx
registering a uk mobile

Started by jfm on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post April 20, 2011, 11:01:44 PM
by jfm

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Market Day

Views: 3605
By: misty
Views of Kalkan