Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adults Only!  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Adults Only!
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »
 Have just got back from our first proper holiday without offspring (we are new empty nesters)......have had the odd short break but this was 8 days just me and the OH in Kalkan....also out first time outside of school holiday/peak season.

We arrived in the early hours of Tues 11 Oct after a two hour delay, but were very relieved when we found out the next day that we must have been one of the last flights into Dalaman before diversions to Bodrum and Rhodes due to the awful weather!!

We stayed in a lovely little apartment on the Mediterranean complex in what we knew would be a great location. Our first couple of mornings were very changeable weatherwise but then by Wednesday pm the weather was beautiful....and stayed that way for the next few days....until Monday when it was wet and miserable all day, sadly this was the OH's birthday!!

Absolutely loved Kalkan at this end of the season, there was a totally different atmosphere and found that everywhere we went we got talking to lovely, interesting people....including a boat trip on Moby Dick with an amazing bunch of predominantly ex-pats who were really good fun. Found the pace of the town delightful and enjoyed many a happy hour sitting chatting, looking at the view with a glass (or two).

Ate out every meal (including breakfast) and went back to old favourites and tried out a couple of new (to us places).....breakfasts at Fener and Palm Beach were amazing, Moussakka at the harbour was lovely and one of our favourites in all its different venues, Coast didn't disappoint. Also really enjoyed other old favourites the Korsan and Fish Terrace. Was also persuaded a few evenings into Trio for a post di :laugh:nner Kir Royal!! :angel:

All in all we had a very chilled, laidback holiday and if he didn't quite have the Kalkan bug quite as badly as me before this 7th visit then he certainly has now ;D

And now we have 8 months to wait till our next trip.....this time with the offspring and their friends/boyfriends in tow.....and can honestly say we are looking forward to it just as much as we are trying another time of year, June.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8711.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Adults Only!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing your report with us Babs :) So glad that despite some changeable weather you had such a good time!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
Sounds like you had a great time Babs, I bet you can't wait for June.
I don't know about you but I always have the "post holiday blues" when I get home from holiday. At least you have June to look forward to.
Did it feel strange without the children? We have a good few years yet before we will have the privilege, although we also manage the odd weekend away thanks to fab grandparents.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »
Great report, Babs (not"top shelf" at all ;))
the most important question though....did you buy a bag?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
Lizilu...it did feel strange to be by ourselves but so many people asked after our girls it was almost as if they were there! Found ourselves chatting to far more people though, I think when you are with your family you tend to stick together. Looking forward to many more trips to Kalkan both with and without them!  :laugh:

Kalkan4eva....yes I did buy a bag....couldn't resist!!.....and couldn't make my report too 'top shelf' now could I?? >:D

And for all those who described the yummy brownie dessert at Mussakka....yes I did indulge....twice...which may have something to do with now why I am back on the diet!....one problem of going in a couple....we treated ourselves too often!! But it was fun while it lasted.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
Nice report - but where you at the Mediteran or the Mediterranean Apartments?

And what were they like?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
The Mediterranean Apartments....they are all privately owned so I suspect they are all different....but the complex is very nice, lovely pools and in a great position, quiet and yet very close for town. We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment if you want more details plase pm me

I've just noticed how many times my original post has been read...something to do with the title....shame it was so tame eh?!  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Flower pot

Views: 2328
By: Lynne T
Market Day