Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antlers Final Full Day – Sunday 1st August  (Read 1840 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Mrs A woke up with a burning ear. Symptoms suggested “Swimmers Ear” and we had to fly in less that 36 hours. So at 10.30am, I popped the short distance along Kalamar Road to the Chemist next to the mini market. Expecting to meet a Pharmacist in a sparkling white coat, it was a little different to be greeted by shirt-less gentleman with a very dark, hairy chest. He was so helpful when I described the situation, and supplied some ear drops, and, because of the impending flight, some antibiotics. After 3 minutes I was out of there, having paid the TL45 bill (£20+) but so grateful I had some immediate treatment for my good lady.

Adam came at 11.30am and we went for brunch at his restaurant. He was shopping in Kalkan and had this huge crate of organic tomatoes in his car, every one perfect in every way with its stem still in place.

We enjoyed the Stuffed Aubergine, in its sizzling clay pot – something we had both grown to love this holiday. The lads had Kofte, with the obligatory home made chips. From the terrace at Adams you could see the boats on their day trips, heading for Kaputas Beach, just like we had done the day before.

The Lads sprayed themselves with the hose to chill them down, waiting for our bottle of Lal to be emptied, anticipating the water sports to follow.

Adam dropped us at the quay and we paid TL4 each to catch the little boat across to the Kalkan Beach Club, who would rid us of our surplus cash. We bought a beer with our boat ticket plus TL1 while we looked at the Water Sports Menu. Deciding on Ringos for 3, then Jet Skis for two, we headed for the jetty. Water Sports were provided by Indigo and they were soon on the jetty picking us up. The Ringos were TL30 each, for 15 minutes. Jet Skis were TL85, also for the same amount time, but for that price, you got 15 minutes of 1200cc throbbing Yamaha between your legs; or so The Lads said. And wind in your hair like a hot hair dryer.

Definitely one of the highlights for Scott & Ollie and they enjoyed every second, playing safe on their Yamahas out in the bay, by the Islands.

We caught the little boat back across to the harbour, with our free ticket on settling the bar bill, and back up Cardiac Hill to our pool. The Lads were excitedly replaying their experiences to Mrs A while I was nursing every bone and muscle in my body, declaring I would never pretend to be a teenager again.

I needed something to kill the pain and soothe me all over; Mussakka at 21.30hrs would be a very good start.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6082.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:01:12 PM by antler »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
ah...the joys of ringoes when you are probably at an age when you ought to know better! (no offense if you don't agree :angel: )
I did exactly the same a few years ago and in my determination not to get thrown out.....I suceeded......I managed to get whiplash......couldn't move my neck for two days!

hope you have had a brilliant holiday....have loved reading your messages and they have made me look forward to our 6th visit in 3 weeks even more!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Live from Kalkan...Sunday 16th August

Started by antler on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 18, 2009, 12:02:45 PM
by Speed Freak!
xx
Mussakkaa: Table 31, 9.30pm Sunday 30th August

Started by antler on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 12:45:23 PM
by Kuzu
xx
FA Cup Final

Started by Dave1966 on The Everything Else Area!

11 Replies
Last post May 29, 2018, 05:58:08 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
one Thomas cook flight 9th August - 24th August

Started by suzyq1 on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 11:02:05 AM
by suzyq1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal