Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fabulous catering service  (Read 8085 times)

Offline clarel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Fabulous catering service
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:31:02 AM »
I've just got back from two weeks in Kalkan, and it was pure bliss. Can't wait until my next trip in October. We had a wonderful time, weather was beautiful, and enjoyed visits to our fav restaurants, Trio, Aubergine and Alternatif. Excellent as always. But the highlight of this holiday was a new catering service that we used  ;D  , Kalkan Catering Services, it was amazingly brillliant.

We had a bbq where the chef turned up all dressed up in whites, was charming, bought all the food with him, cooked it, served us, and cleared up. He even brought with him special kiddies food so the kids were very happy too. We used them again a few days later, ordering cold boxes to take to Patara beach with us, we had a turkish box and an english box, absolutely delicious, really good value, well presented - felt like I had M&S with me! Then on our last day we used them to cook us breakfast and clear up to save us time and to set us up for the airport (avoided airport's hideous costs!). If anyone wants their contact details please PM me. Thoroughly recommend them, and they certainly added yet another fantastic dimension to our holiday.

Hope this report is helpful.

:)  happy holidays!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5791.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Fabulous catering service
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
Sounds like a great service.  How many people did the chef cook for - was it a small or large party?  Can you give me some ideas of costs please?  8)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:31:39 PM »
Clarel, was it Billy from Lush who provided this service? I understand he has a catering business and I wondered if this was it?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 04:06:58 PM »
Although it sounds fairly nice,  pity you did not support the local produce shops yourself,  marvellous fresh veg etc, and it does not take too much time to prepare a lovely meal oneself, is that not part of a holiday? - and keep the local shops going.  Sorry you did not use the cafe at Patara, they work so hard, virtually in the middle of nowhere and are so obliging.  No, I am not connected to them, but a business person from the UK, -  I know how important it is to support such outlets, to quote the old mantra - "use them or lose them".

Offline ao1969

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

This service sounds fantastic!

I don't know about anyone else but i spend all year cooking for & clearing up after my brood..without much thanks i might add. When i go on my holiday, the thought of doing more of the same fills me with dread. I might be persuaded into the kitchen to make a sandwhich but i absolutely refuse to do any cooking on holiday.

Anyway i would love a few more details such as costs and contact details.

Thanks
AO

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »
We have been in our villa for 2 years and have only just discovered that the gas supply to the hob has never been attached...no cooking on holidays for us, maybe a sandwich at lunch time but thats about it. Kalkan has just too many great places to eat - and you dont need to spend a fortune. I like the idea of using a chef to do a special barbeque, surely that would use local produce bought in local shops?

Offline KC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »
Kalkan Concierge also offer a similar service, bbqs, welcome menus, and Turkish evening meals as well as much more and of course shopping is purchased from local shops!

Offline clarel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »
We were 9 adults and 2 kids and from memory the BBQ was very reasonable, I think approx, 35TL each, and we had a banquet, got kiddy's food as well, oh what joy!  We did give the chef a decent tip, but hey we have the photos of all us with the chef (really sorry can't remember his name, too much fun and drink I think!) and we get to keep the photos and the memories forever. I always shy away from recommending people/bars, etc but make an exception with what Billy (yes, from Lush) has put together,  it was the best night of the trip.

Lunch box (cold box) was approx 10TL per person and it was fabulous. We had one English and one Turkish. 

As I said before we had the full English breakfast on the morning we left, the chef came to the villa, prepared, cooked and served everything, and cleaned and washed up after him, I wanted to take him home!  Proper sausage and bacon, soooo nice, there was quite a bit left over,  as we could not eat any more.....again from memory I think this was approx 15TL per person. One of our group had the healthy option, fruit, cereal, olives, honey, toms, chesse etc, and she said it was fabulous.

If you want Billy at Kalkan Catering Services contact details see www.kalkanturkeylocalnews.com and click on 'day in the life' which is featuring Billy. If you would like me to give you the contact details, please send me an email and I'll reply to you.

As this is a local business, all produce is produced locally and bought from local shops (except pork products which are imported). Its great to see a local business doing so well, and great if we can support them. Billy and his wife Esra work so hard and deliver a fantastic service. Good luck to them in their new business.

clarel  :)

Offline clarel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:26:31 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »
This sound great......wonder if you can book him for a two weeks to supply a cracking breakfast each morning  ;) ;) ;)   

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »
We have used Bilen before and as mentioned he does provide a great service. Many of you may already know him since he and Esra are ex Korsan Meze.

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
Kalkan Concierge do a similiar service which is excellent. They will prepare arrival snacks too, which is great if you arrive early evening and don't fancy going straight back out.  We have used them for BBQ's.  They prepare everything, cook it, serve it and then clear up! I have a house full tomorrow here in the UK and wish we had the same thing here....ooh,I think I've just given myself a good idea to go an earn some extra £'s :o Eureka! I could call it Brolly's & BBQ's.

Offline Simon2306

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
I saw this post from clarel "Topic: Fabulous catering service while in Kalkan" last week. I was actually looking for some day trip ideas and the catering service  caught my eye. I love Turkish food (Meze's ect.) but some of the restaurants can be a bit samey so we decided to give Kalkan Catering Service a try .....

WOW WHAT AN EVENING !!! The food was amazing and the service was exceptional.  :)

We did not have to do a thing all night. All the food was served to us at the dining table and our glass was never empty.  :P

We went for a BBQ theme and none of us have ever had a BBQ like it. The food was all really fresh and there was a lot more than we could possible eat.

The other thing that made the night so enjoyable for us was that the kids could play with their toys and books we were not concerned about the noise they were making as there were no other dining guests to consider.

We also had the added advantage of being able to put them to bed when they were tired instead of them falling asleep on our laps as they usually do.

Also, when speaking to the host for the evening (Billy) after the meal he was telling us about some other services Kalkan Catering Service are looking to offer like an authentic Indian take away service and also maybe a Indian restaurant which sound great and something we will do next time. He also said they will be offering services such as a visiting beauty therapist and masseuse, home shopping. Plus something else that would of been really good for us on our holiday, he is going to set up a "hire service" hiring things like, cots, push chairs, high chairs, child car seats, hair dryers etc. (There where other things but I cant remember).

So, thats my bit of PR over and as you can probably guess I was very impressed by Kalkan Catering Service. Billy and Esra are such a lovely couple and put in so much effort and attention to detail I really hope the business is a success for them.

Please feel free to contact me by Personal Message if you want the contact details.

Offline KC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
Have a look at Kalkan Concierge Simon2306, hire items include all those above plus more that you have mentioned in the above post!

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
we have not tried billy yet but will give him a go as I understand he used to work for lush..and their standards for food are good..We have tried ismail at the Kalkanhomecooking.com  website and he gave 8 of us a great barbeque one night....and also washed up as well..swedish trained and speaks good english..afiyet olsen to all...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Outside catering

Started by karen L on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post March 23, 2014, 04:25:45 PM
by karen L
xx
2 apartments self catering for party of 4

Started by seasick on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 10:50:26 AM
by AllanChris
xx
Private catering suggestions

Started by jayne on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 14, 2010, 11:02:35 PM
by Rosie
xx
Catering for private villa wedding

Started by Ali B on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post February 18, 2011, 09:48:59 AM
by Kalamar Bay

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Hall''o''ween 2008

Views: 3784
By: Chucky
Gin&Tonic by the pool