Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First few days this year.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
First few days this year.
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
Arrived on Sunday evening after a flying Thomas Cook from Glasgow, Dalaman was very quiet with only 2 planes at the terminal, we whizzed through and were met by a guy from Bravetours for a very quick transfer (no stop at the petrol station) we then checked in to the Apartment and went for a walk into town to get feel of Kalkan again. At the end of our tour of the old town enjoyed a first Efes of the year at Moonlight and then to Bosphorus restaurant for a late meal.

Monday morning as traditional for us we went to Mediteran and sitting at the bar enjoying a coffee was Ahmet, who gave us great welcome and had coffee with us. We come here every year first as we think it is the best view in Kalkan , really makes you feel like you have arrived and its great place to chill. Breakfast was great and then we swam in the infinity pool and read for the rest of the day, stopping for a light lunch and more beer provided by Mhemet, Evening was walk to Yali Yacht Bar for a happy hour drink (16.00 to 21.30) and a walk round town looking at what’s new and what was the top priced Fillet this year! On the way back we had a great bit of liver at ODAK on the way back from town, good value with friendly staff and a few freebies that meant we were too full for dessert.

Tuesday, up early and OJ and coffee in Marina restaurant before boarding Yildiz 2 luckily booked by e-mail in March as very busy with a full boat of Kalkan regulars and virgins, as per Antler, Captain Osman away at hospital and Mrs Osman in charge. A good crac and chat about Kalkan v’s other places, the price of beer and the expensive restaurants and villas in town, someone was searching for the 3TL Kebab place they had heard about in Moonlight but could not find? After return to Apartment and a quick beer it was shower and change and off to Chillies where Mr Happy found us a table ( they were still racking and stacking tables at 9.30pm) and we had a very nice meal with Angora (red and chilled – excellent) at 20TL a bottle, great deal, then it was back to the Samira and an iced Baileys on our terrace. :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6131.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: First few days this year.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
Oooh, that sounds so good, especially as it is raining yet again here. Never mind, we will soon be there.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »

Nah then, ScotsinKalkan!

I am really enjoying this, as you can imagine.  Been back just over a week and here we have a live trip report.  Thank you so much.  Well noted, was the Angora Red at 20tl in Chillies! and especially chilled.

Sat here patiently waiting for the next instalment and hoping you have a great holiday.

Cheers,
Antler

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:34:49 AM by antler »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »
loved the report, Scotsinkalkan...and you've reminded us about Odak(not to be confused with Ozalp as I frequently do) - fab mixed grills!!!
You're not alone in the red-chilled department...its the only way to drink it in Kalkan :)
The 3tl kebab place is up the side street from Doy Doy (on the right). Fabulous donor kebabs and hilariously small plastic stools if you decide to eat in there.
Keep the reports coming... :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »
Keep the reports coming!! Like when Antler did his reports it gives us a chance to 'escape' from the dreadful weather here and the humdrum of life in general!!! It keeps me going till next June when we get back out there!!
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Only 7 days to go !!!!!

Started by tessag41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
6 days and we'll be there! :D

Started by LozJay on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 01:22:51 PM
by utah1
xx
33 days to go

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

25 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
A few more days

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
by lorilou

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal