Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flaming June  (Read 21893 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Flaming June
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »
Foot's doing great, but our run of bad luck continues...someone broke in during the night and stole the keys to our car...oh and the car with it ::) Wouldn't mind but the car's been on the drive for three weeks...! House looks like the set of CSI this morning. I would give ANYTHING to be back in Kalkan right now >:(

BTW that's a few of us having our Golden Jubilee this year...Rachey is also. I'd suggest a gathering in Kalkan to celebrate only given recent events, something would BOUND to go wrong ::) ::) :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 12:33:34 PM »
Oh, K4E, what rotten news!!! Thank goodness you and BH are safe and unharmed. It's a horrible and frightening feeling to have someone ransacking your house while you are unaware and vulnerable.
It happened to us when Lucie (our youngest) was a few months old and amongst other things, they took our video camera with a tape still inside of all her baby videos which unfortunately was never recovered. We ended up moving shortly after as my OH in particular did not feel safe there ever again.
Hope they find the b******s who did it!!!   :( :-*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:13:48 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
You're right Lizilu. None of us were harmed, or even aware. They've only taken the car and a couple of watches - season ticket in the car and Hunter wellies - nothing sentimental, thank goodness. Turkish Delight and green tea ready to take into work today too :(
The police know who they are but they are having great trouble catching them...which is why we had SOCO and DC's at the house today. So little crime here, its shook everyone up. Our neighbours were targeted too :(
FLAMING JUNE!!! ;)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
Oh no I can't believe your luck. Hope the police pick em up and make mincemeat out of them.  As Lizilu says that at least you're safe. Take care of yourselves.  CX :'( :( >:(

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
You poor soul! what a streak of lousy luck you're having. Stay strong and I really hope that this is the last of the awful things and very soon some wonderful things will start to happen

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
So so sorry to hear this latest piece of bad news, as if you haven't had enough troubles lately. I always find that when we have bad luck which unfortunately seems all too often, it's never just the one thing to deal with, looks as if it's the same for you. For instance when we went to Kalkan two years ago having lost my Dad suddenly a few months beforehand on the morning after we arrived we had a call from my sis-in -law who was looking after our dog of fourteen years to say he'd had a massive stroke and would we give the vet permission to have him put to sleep, needless to say we were devastated. The next day a young lad drove into the back of our jeep and my OH had to take him to the medical centre, thankfully only cuts and bruises, then later on my son rang from home to inform us that the patio doors were stiff so he'd pushed them hard and the one door fell out and smashed to smithereens. Thankfully the rest of the holiday was uneventful and we tried to make the best of it but when we arrived back at Cardiff airport got in the car to find the battery was dead so had to bribe a taxi driver to give us a jump start, just the last straw,  wept nearly all the way home, pathetic really! I realise hearing my tales of woe doesn't make this horrible thing that's happened to you any better, it's everyone's worse nightmare, but just for you to know you're not on your own for having horrible luck and we sincerely hope they catch these nasty excuses for human beings and they get what they deserve! Keep your chin up kiddo, don't let the beggars win!!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
So sorry to hear your news Kalkan4eva, hope the police have enough evidence to get them. As Clara says try to keep your chin up and don't let the 'bleepers' get you down. I'm a big believer in Karma and they'll get there comeuppance one day.
Nicky

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »
Oh K4E that's a nightmare - what rotten luck you're having.  You must be due an overdose of good luck soon - so make sure you buy your lottery ticket!

We're missing Kalkan so much - this dreich weather is so depressing  :P  The thought of 2 visits to Kalkan is keeping me going - as well as looking at the webcams and reading people's holiday reports...but they make me jealous too  ;D

Hope you have a fab golden Jubilee - and you too Skunk.  62 was certainly a vintage year  :angel: :laugh:

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
My birthday falls in Nov and because i work in a shop and potentially it's the build up to Christmas , we're not allowed to take holidays in Nov so we've got a weekend planned for the end of Oct for my b'day. The Fri night we're going to see the comedian Rhod Gilbert in Huddersfield then we're going to head to Harrogate on the Sat morn for a night and go to this Italian restaurant we like. For my actual birthday all i want to do is go to our local Indian with OH and a few friends, i'm not one for big parties. We mentioned going somewhere exotic/different this year for our holiday as a celebration but all i wanted to do was go back to Kalkan and back to Fethiye in Sep!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
Rachey errrrm - 52 even??? SX  ;D ;D ;D >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Va Va June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

32 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Cant wait for June

Started by LancashireLass on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

21 Replies
Last post January 21, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
June is busting out all over.....

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

74 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
by littlelin
xx
Weather in June

Started by Beckolars on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2019, 08:11:32 AM
by cleworthallray

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal