Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just back  (Read 2233 times)

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Just back
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
Arrived back on Friday from a two week stay (our second) in Kalkan.

We flew with Onur Air from Gatwick.  No in flight entertainment.  Seating was quite cramped but on time both ways and was cheap.  Would possibly use again.

Our transfers to and from Dalaman were with Enes which were fine although our driver I am sure thought he was in a F1 car.

Stayed in a private villa in Kumurluk.  Villa was nice with what would have been a fantastic view apart from the rooftops of the villas in front.  If you are thinking of staying in this area because of the views check before booking as most villas seem to have the same problem.

The walk into town after scaling the hill was abaout 10 - 15 minutes.  We tended to get a taxi back in the evening.  Temparatures in the evenings were fine but in the day time were on avaerage 45, one day it hit 54. 

We had 239 steps down to the Palm Beach Club which was a great place to chill out in the day.  The water there is freezing due to a natural spring.  All the team were brilliant especially Dimitri.

Restaurants as ever were great.  We visited 12 different places.  Our top 5 were

Kosk

Bararat

Trio

Korsan Meze

Nar

All the other were great but we liked these not only because of the food but the extra specail service.

Our favourite place just for a drink was the Garden Cafe.  They do light snacks but we did not try these.  The people there are just so nice.  Melek is such a lovely lady and we wish her all the success.

Due to the heat we did not go very far.  We hired a car on two seperaste days.

Day one we drove into Fetiye for the market.  Waste of time as it is just the same old rubbish and I for one am sick andtired of hearing "cheaper and Asda" etc.  We then headed into the harbour and had a stroll round the shops.  Still a nice place.

Day two we drove over to Keklova and managed to get a private boat for 3 hours for £40.  We saw the Lycian tombs, sunken city and swam in a lovely bay.  Quite a trek in the car but worth it.  On the way back we went to Kas but could not get a parking space.

My only moan would be is that on the 4th July the music coming from the club in the harbour was so loud it kept us awake until around 3am.

Will we be back next year?  Most likely.  You always get the feeling that you are everyones best friend.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3861.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:48:08 PM »
Great report, thanks for sharing it with us :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Just back
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
Great report, Alshepuk and have to agree about the Full Moon Party at the Indigo Beach club on 4th July. How were they able to get away with playing music so loud at 3am. It must have disturbed the whole of Kalkan?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Welcome back AO

Started by Blue Lizard on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
by Agent Ottoman
xx
we're back......

Started by Haybo on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post January 12, 2015, 07:30:13 PM
by Haybo
xx
Just Back .

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 26, 2009, 05:07:49 PM
by Natsky
xx
I'm back too

Started by itstime on Introduce Yourself

12 Replies
Last post September 14, 2019, 12:59:14 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal