Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just got back!  (Read 3559 times)

Offline HTC HD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Just got back!
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Just got back after two weeks of full on eating drinking and trips. Hotel Asiyan was great again beautiful vista in a great location. Enjoyed Yali complex next door too for beer and football.

Saklikent gorge in a jeep was amazing, with mud bath and patara beach force nine gale in August??, still overated, trip totally worth every penny and a bargin too. Being shot at with water pistols and water hoses whilst driving through villages was hilarious! The guide was fantasic.

Food was great at Fez and Rosehip, great meatballs. The new Kebab house before and opposite Kaya by the roundabout was superb. Great friendly service beautiful food what a find. Doy Doy did the best burgers homemade and to die for. The steaks and fake mustard sauce was poor though and dissapointing. Straight out of a packet. Sunset 2 for boat trip was heaven superb captain. Kekovo trip rocked too. Foto's was poor again as ever very dull same as last year. Merkez good for lunch. We went to Eden again right bang in the centre of town which is always completely dead but by far the most beautiful and stunning bar in Kalkan. Why is this??

The pub at the corner where the henna tatoo was dodgy as ever. Big fight outside on Friday night bout 10pm. A local
man attacked a woman with a child in the middle of the outside bar. Twenty people involved or more. We left immediately before it got worse. Worst thing we have seen in Kalkan but it seemed very local domestic family stuff nit tourists. It did not spoil our trip.  We loved the town beach which was very international and fun. Much better than Palm beach club, and Kalkan Beach Park. Still dont get why people pay more for colder rougher sea's that is more expensive. We loved the cold water spring behind the beach too that was awesome.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8302.0

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
Re: Just got back!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

Foto's was poor again as ever very dull same as last year.

a little perplexed re why you went back!!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline HTC HD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
Always optimistic that things will be better, and we do go on others recomendations. Or do you mean Kalkan on the whole?

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
no, just Fotos..........Never been there and must admit I have read good reports. Just goes to show ya!

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »
Thanks for a great report.
I just love reading about peoples holidays in Kalkan.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
thanks for your report...very interesting..we went to Fotos twice in june we thought good as last year ..smashing Guvec,and mrs had a great pasta dish,second time we had pizza...nice views on the roof without the premium prices..we love Patara beach too.....shows no two people are the same i suppose ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
Thanks for your great report.  Totally agree with you re Eden.  It's a gorgeous setting, with a lovely chilled feel and its such a shame it's not busier.  We haven't eaten there yet but the food should be good as it's Ibo (from the former restaurant of the same name) who's got it.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »
Had a wonderful meal there in July with friends.  Have to agree the setting is stunning, it certainly offers something very different in Kalkan.

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »
We went to Eden when it first opened and thought it was eally lovely - although there was a mix up with our drinks we put it down to the lack of experience.
We stay at an apartment just behind Eden and it seems it's never very busy although as has been said it is a most spectacular setting. It is a wee bit on the expensive side though.
Will give it another go next week.  Be there on Friday for two weeks - can't wait.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:53 PM »
Hhhmmm love to hear about nice bars can u tell me where is Eden can't say I have ever seen/heard of it but sounds nice we maybe give it a try is couple weeks once I know where it is.

Offline HTC HD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
Eden is behind IBO, past Merkez and the Moonlight bar. You walk up an alley and up a few stairs. Beautiful gardens and surroundings. If people saw it they would be amazed I think. Its right in the centre of everything but hidden.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Welcome back!

Started by Em1 on The Everything Else Area!

1 Replies
Last post November 25, 2008, 06:59:17 PM
by misty
xx
Just back

Started by alshepuk on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 06:24:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Just Back .

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 26, 2009, 05:07:49 PM
by Natsky
xx
And I'm back....

Started by lucyandsteven88 on General Discussion

17 Replies
Last post October 02, 2011, 10:41:16 AM
by JenJen

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal