Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Our Adventures in Paradise  (Read 9991 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Our Adventures in Paradise
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
I see you have changed your monicker to reflect your agent status??.. ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
Yes I quite like it! Plus I'm willing to accept any mission of any kind (as long as its in Kalkan)!

;D ;D ;D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 05:40:39 AM »
Loved reading your reports AO. So entertaining while flopped out on my sunbed  8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »
Agent ottoman......your next mission is obvious.....plan your next trip.....in the meantime remember......the eagle has come to roost in grandma's bloomers......nod nod wink wink!  ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
 Grandmas bloomers?Are those Ethels specials??...I shall shortly be deep undercover...no one will no i'm about... I will be sporting a Bowler hat, false moustache, reading a newspaper with eye holes cut out  and wearing a rather fetching leopard print leotard...Damn! blown it again! back to the drawing board! :-\

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:23 PM »
Haha babs!!! What on earth does that mean?! Just laughed out loud!

That mission will be willingly accepted! We're thinking of coming for New Year! Anyone know what it's like at that time of year?

BL...what about a mankini?!  ^-^

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
Nooooooooo! I would stand out in it!! ;D ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
it is very subtle of you Agent Ottoman to pretend to not understand the secret code words....wouldn't want your cover to be blown.....now we must stop communicating this way or the other side will point out we are off topic!!  :angel:

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
Hi
Loved reading your holiday report .. glad you had a great time.
We went to kalkan last year for christmas & new year and it was just amazing. The  weather was nice in the day but cold at night.
We went to Aubergine & fenner cafe the hunkar was also open as was kaya, Mussakka, Doy doy,Ayse kitchen, and a couple more but I forgotton which ones.
A couple of the bag shop & Gift shops were also open.
But to be honest we just had some lovely walks in the area & explored a bit further a field due to the cooler weather.
Followed by diinner & drinks and catching up with friends that were also there.
The new years eve party at aubergine was a great night lots of expats & locals enjoying the night.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 10:33:57 PM »
Babs, you are so funny, really made me giggle and I would just love to see BL in his disguise.
Well agent ottoman - there's no hope for you now. You must accept your new year mission and report back in a few months using your secret code of course!!!  ;D

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »
Lovely, inspiring joy-filled holiday reports - thanks for taking the time to share them with us all.

Re New Year in KK - I've been for the past few years and had a great time. The village has a very different character in winter, with mostly empty streets and shuttered up shops, but there are several cosy bars with open fires which are very inviting. The weather can be changeable and quite wet - but there are usually some sunny spells, and it's certainly warmer than the UK.

Re the legendary New Year party at Aubergine - which is where the whole town tends to gather at midnight for dancing in the street and fireworks, and is always awesome - I heard a rumour that Aubergine were not planning to open this year - so that would need checkling out.

On New Years Day there is the Looney Dook fancy dress charity swim in the sea outside Kleo at midday - which is huge fun.

Fener is always open, as in the past have been Kleo, Kaya, DoyDoy, Isos.

Usually there is only Flythomascook.com who operate Winter flights to Dalaman and they can get booked up quickly. In the past I have flown to Antalya.

I don't think the hotels are open - most people stay in villas/apartments - but none of the pools will be usable. I'm sure there are any number of forum members who could recommend places to stay, or give other useful advice.

Hope this had been helpful. Chris

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
Hi Christina,

Thank you so much for that info. We have managed to find some flights with flythomascook but at the moment OH doesn't have any holidays left to take  :(, however he is looking for a new job so fingers crossed one materialises as we'll just say it's already booked >:D !!

The party at Aubergine sounds amazing, I often think that NYE here is such a let down, a load of hype etc and then you go out and it's ram packed in restaurants, ten deep at the bar and stuffed in like sardines so would be nice to be somewhere more relaxed and I LOVE fireworks!

I'm keeping my little fingers crossed as what you described sounds right up our street. Is anyone else planning a NY in Kalkan? We could all meet up for EK drinks?  ;D

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »
PS Christina, did you ever find out who the Small House block booker was ?! Asked Maria about you when buying our bags! Did she say hello?!

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57:56 PM »
 :)been coming out for christmas/new year for the last 12 years, we love it! weather can be dodgy but! no ques in supermarkets. a big bonus! last new year there was a big party on the roundabout with lots of fireworks and street food. that was the first time. we were at kaya. used to go to sofra but now closed in the winter. hubby always does the new years day swim . lots of fun! we have booked our flights already with pegasus as at the moment a lot cheaper than thomas cook. have to go via istanbul but rather do that than taxi from antalya. our flight was £180 each cheaper than than the thomas cook flight in to dalaman :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
Samson, where are you flying from? 
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
PS Christina, did you ever find out who the Small House block booker was ?! Asked Maria about you when buying our bags! Did she say hello?!

Yes, I walked into the BSG shop one afternoon to have Maria say to me, 'Chris, does the name *I Love Ottoman Chicken* mean anything to you?' (That was before your graduation to Agent, remember.) I got some very strange looks from her customers but I knew exactly who she meant. I must have just missed you - so sorry we didn't get chance to meet up - we could have made some mischief together. The Small House block booker remains a mystery I'm afraid and it's probably best left that way.

I haven't decided about New Year in Kalkan yet. I've just been checking prices of flights from Manchester at NY (flythomascook.com) and they are over £300 before baggage - I've never seen prices so high so early - and they'll need to come down a bit to make it affordable for me. If I am in KK at NY, I'd love to meet up for some shenanigans and jolly japes. :D

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
 turkey fan  :)we fly from stansted in the winter with pegasus. gatwick nearer but only an extra half hour to stansted. we also own a place in kiziltas! maybee we know you ?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What is happening to paradise.....

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

33 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 03:53:27 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Our little piece of paradise

Started by nikki 13 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
by Helshe
xx
Paradise apartments and tours

Started by wendyg on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 04:57:54 PM
by felicity
xx
Antler's Monday - A little bit of paradise...

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post July 21, 2010, 12:38:27 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal