Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pools - research please  (Read 2167 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Pools - research please
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »
This may be something you have never thought about.   I would be most interested if anyone knows what happens to the water from their pool.   This really applies not only to those who have their own or shared pool but those staying in hotels.

I don't know the technicalities of it but understand that pools are regularly back-washed (if that is the right expression).   The result is that water flows out of the pool and goes ????   It can be quite a lot of water, I know of two places where it can stream down the road and one place where there is standing water by the paved roadside for most of the time.

I have heard that the council won't allow pool water to go into the public water drainage.   In our case we own the plot of land in front of us and our pool water back-wash goes onto our own land and is absorbed into the earth very quickly as it isn't paved.   Perhaps that is why our banana trees do so well??

Anyone been in Kalkan when pools are emptied at the end of season?   I have visions of torrents of water streaming down the roads.

I look forward to hearing responses - if you don't know the answer you may find it interesting to ask.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13804.0

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Pools - research please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
Most pools I have seen  in kiziltas empty straight on to road

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »
Very few pools it seems have drainage built in for their pool waste, even brand new ones as have witnessed their water running down the road, obviously some do.. You are correct, no pool water should go into main drainage, Belediye very strict about that but hey how can they monitor them all.  If there is land next door or close by eg olive Grove,  the water is usually  directed that way, otherwise it's down the road etc. Again Belediye  will act if they find the offending pool owner. Not all pools are emptied at the end of the season some left untill the beginning of new season so torrents then. Some don't empty at all but keep it clean & still going through out the year.

Also in many cases on construction of new property we have seen the pools being built first, all very posh but no drainage pipes laid for them to be emptied into any proper drain.

As for your banana tree would have thought the chemical might not be appreciated.

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »
In Kalamar most of the pools are emptied onto the roads.
We have times that we are unabie to get in or out of our apart
We asked the Belidiye about this and they said its ok as long as its not dangerous?
Same problem at the start of the season when they are getting them ready.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
We have had the Zabita officers making enquiries around by us us regarding whose pool water was being pumped out onto  the road as they were about to get suitably advised or fined or both.  A lot of pumping out is done during the night/early hours near us.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
Pool water from the villas above me goes down the communal steps like a fast flowing river, as like M & M making it impossible to go out.
Another 2 villas were built a couple of years ago without pipework for their sewage,  they fixed this by laying the sewage pipe olong THE TOP OF OUR communal wall, this wall does not adjoin their land at all!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:11:36 PM »
Aaaah. .... The usual bit of forward thinking there then. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
cocktail research

Started by BeyazGül Apt. on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2016, 06:41:24 AM
by pw
xx
research mission

Started by Helshe on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2013, 03:10:35 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Kindles and Pools...

Started by Chris_S on The Everything Else Area!

5 Replies
Last post June 06, 2012, 07:38:05 PM
by Automan
xx
Heated pools in April?

Started by Christina on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2013, 10:58:33 AM
by maryjane

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal