Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!  (Read 19074 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
You cheered us up beautifully thank you  :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
Glad you caught up with your dodgy friend Jack! Always a photo opportunity!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
Getting on the trampoline at Palm can provide the other visitors with entertainment for a while....I'm sure you kept people amused in the hot sun. It does require a fair bit of upper body strength to get on but getting off is equally tricky so you did the right thing giving up and heading to the platform.
You have to get there early to bag the best beds...eh Babs?
Looking forward to hearing more about your stay
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
Well it's Tuesday evening I think! just had to confirm that with OH! am I going mad, is it the wine or is it just that we are having too much fun in the sun! need to bring you totally uptodate as busy time ahead for the rest of our holiday.

Sunday.... Yes fab day on the beach and then our lovely BBQ which resulted in enough food to feed the 5000, so much so we carried it over for Monday lunch/brunch. 

Monday .... very slow start to the day, and rendevouz round the pool for brunch which spilled into the afternoon being a very lazy day indeed.  A few drinks to keep Lizilu and I from not getting dehydrated of course, we'd had a lovely day of fun in the sun and all was good! We had our evening planned, a walk through town checking out the bags in town, boys in Merkez for a drink while we were shopping, and then  before we knew it, it was 9pm and time to eat and Fener it was.  Lovely food, although quite busy and waited a while, but was well worth the wait, and the wine was flowing by the time dinner arrived. All very tired by now, but just a quick  nightcap we thought, so up the stairs to the Pirat to see Regae and the boys.  They never forget you, such lovely people, and was well worth our weary legs walking those stairs to say hello.

Tuesday ..... Kekova for Bob and I today. 9am pickup, and actually was regretting the 1am bedtime slot we had earlier this morning, but all was good.  Bang on time Define Tours collected us, and we were on our way before we knew it. That journey is absolutely amazing, the views well, we all know how wonderful they are, every year I take the same photos and to be honest could just post the same ones, but still it is nice to take more! We've had a fantastic day, swam lots, visited the cave, met some lovely people, seen the turtles, had a fab lunch, had the delicious icecream (sadly I didn't make it to the Fort, sorry K4E!) I really wanted to I promise!  Finally, after a fab day we walked back through the door at 7pm! 10 hour day trip, so tired, but very happy! 3 things on the Agenda tonight, quick shower, a large glass of wine, fab curry that OH has rustled up (goodness knows how he has done that) and a Metro Bar straight out of the freezer! (acutally I think that is 4 things)!

Sx
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:45:53 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
What a fabulous day at Kekova. We must go again next year. Hope the wine was LARGE Shirl  :o :D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »
Sounds like another great day! Meanwhile we have been mourning a very close friend and visiting Ginny's grave. But in the process we have met up with lots of close friends and been on a retail therapy expedition or two! That's why we haven't been in touch much.
Love to you all Skunk xxx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »
Sorry for your sad times skunk. Take care x
Shirl, sounds like a fantastic day out and automan is drooling at the thought of your metro bars  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
Sounds lovely......we must make time for a Kekova trip this time.....or maybe next year!  ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »
Skunk so sorry to hear your sad news, take care  :D

Well it's Friday and we have been here almost 3 weeks, I can't believe how quickly time has flown, but what a wonderful time we have had!

Firstly, I would like to report I have now witnessed Lizilu with Roger Ring, and she certainly has mastered it! She is now an expert! Oh how we laughed in the pool yesterday!

Anyway moving on.........

Wednesday....... somewhat tired this morning after our 10 hour trip to Kekova, but to be honest it we had gone earlier in the holiday, we would be repeating the trip again, but never mind there is always next year! Slow start to the day today, starting off with late breakfast, still enjoying the lovely eggs, but now with the BBQ varying our breakfasts/brunches! We all decided the Asfiya was the choice of the day, and what's not to like about going down there, especially waiting to see what the Cocktail of the Day is on the blackboard as you walk it.  Today it was a Mojito, my absolute favourite, so we waited until the clock struck 12 so to speak and Lizilu and I were ordering! and oh were they good! There seemed to be lots of boats out today, especially sailing boats, which to be honest I hadn't witnessed much, although OH said he has, but it was a beautiful sight just lazing on the beds watching them all.  Back home around 4pm to the pool we thought as it was absolutely boiling today, although not nearly as humid.  More fun in the pool with Roger and Walter, a couple more drinks for us all, and before we knew it it was time to get ready for our night out! Now I don't really wan't to elaborate as we are all waiting for Haybo's next instalment, but it has something to do with a celebratory birthday, and we were all invited, and what a fabulous evening we  had, thank you so much Haybo  :D :D :D :D

Thursday ........

Well a little bleary eyed today, as after our lovely evening, we all decided to go to Moonlight for a nightcap, Lizili and Bob were raring to go, I had a little dance in front of the webcam so that certain people back home could see us (OMG why did I do that) must have been the copious amounts of wine I had consumed! Kenan the nutman was there and we had a lovely chat with him, which resulted in us videoing him, he was rather pleased with the end result and asked us to put it on Facebook! Well it was well after midnight and Automan and myself were really tired, Lizilu and Bob wanted to continue partying though! sorry we were the party poopers, but they reluctantly agreed to going home  :o :o, so taxi up that hill to bed!

Town beach was the decider for today, so after a stroll into town to change some money 4.51 the rate was at Merkez today, slightly lower, but still quite good, and also the lovely man in there gave me some Turkish delight when we had changed our money, so was glad we chose there! Love that place, so nice.

Quite cloudly today, but a lovely breeze on the beach, but wow was it difficult to get in and out of the sea with the surf. Not really seen a surf much on the beach but today it was a little rough, once you were in though, it was fab.  We had lunch at the Beach Cafe, so cheap in there, and food good. First icecream of the holiday at Fener on the way back, they are so good and another bargain only 4TL each! they seem to get cheaper every year.  Anyway, another rendevouz in the pool when we all got back, a couple more drinks before we got ready to go out (it's getting a habit now) and by 7.30pm we were all dressed up and in Marley's sipping on our cocktails (another habit I seemed to have got into this year). 

Now this is the best part, Bag shopping!! I had my eye on a Mulberry Lily Bag for ages in BSG, I had already purchased the Mulberry pouch purse last week, and Bob said he would treat me as a belated birthday present! I am so happy with my purchase, I love it, couldn't decide which colour to get, but opted for Black in the end as it will go with anything  :D :D. I love that shop, and they even offered us a drink while we were browsing, so wine it had to be!

We had booked Escudo for dinner, had never been there before, and the food was delicious. We were back home just before midnight, a quick nightcap with the gang on the balcony, and then we retired to our beds.

Friday .......... Boat trip day  :D :D :D :D :D and Yildez 3 it is!

Sx
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:24:09 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
Goodness, Roger and Walter are getting a lot of action this holiday!  ;D ;D
Yes, you were spotted waving and dancing at the webcam......took some coordinating though! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »
Lovely report. If you get a chance do a stopover in Kekova. Well worth it and totally different once the boats have stopped. We stopped at Sahil last year but have to book really early. Mor and Dave have booked next door this year but both lovely places.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 05:55:31 PM »
Oh we've had such a laugh haven't we and I'm very proud you were impressed with my ring skills  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »
Only just seen your post Shirl. Sounds like you are living the life of Riley. Take care. Xxx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »
And so I continue….

Friday ….. Yildez 3 it was.  I won’t elaborate anymore as my Ab Fab friend has already mentioned, but we had the most amazing time on Yildez 3, Adam and his family did us proud, We were actually making for Kalamar Bay at 9.45am and pulled back into the harbour at 6.30pm! It doesn’t get any better than this, especially when your with good friends, it certainly was a day to remember, and I am looking forward to repeating the experience on Monday week, when we have booked to go again!

Saturday …… We had a car hire for the day, and we certainly made good use of it! Kapatus beach for an early morning swim was on the agenda, and it was early morning, because on the dot of 7.30am Bob and I were on our way.  Thinking we would be the only ones there (we were wrong) there were a fair few cars parked and must have been at least 100 people already there, some of them already in the sea, but quite a few sleeping on the beds in sleeping bags, obviously their hotel for the night! The sun wasnt quite on the beach when we arrived, so thought it might be a bit cold, but it wasn’t, the sea was like a warm bath, so in I went and it was exhilarating! OH has had a dodgy back for the past couple of days so he just chilled on the sunbed and took some lovely photos. We stayed an hour or so, and then navigated the newly built steps back up to the top, our feet being hosed down on the way by a man who was hosing down the steps.  When we got to the top, there were several goats milling around, not sure where they came from, but was a lovely sight to see.

Next stop Adam’s Restaurant to say hello and have a coffee, he had a table of 6 arrive for breakfast so he was his usual charming self and making everyone welcome. Supermarket then for more supplies as we had the car, Carefour we thought as haven’t been there yet this holiday, lots of choice in there, and wished we had gone earlier. Slight mishap though, I got a trolley and hadn’t realised the grid at the back of the trolley wasn’t secured, and yes, one of the bottles of wine fell straight through the back and smashed on the floor! Oops, within seconds 3 men had swept and cleared it up, and made sure I hadn’t cut my feet in the process!

Brunchtime next! So off to Kardelin which is opposite the Yesilkoy turning off the D400, it is basically a caravan with a conservatory type building attached, but they do the most amazing chicken sandwiches in there! Delicious. If you haven’t been I would thoroughly recommend going.  2 of these and 2 diet cokes was 19TL!

We then went back home and collected the Gang and Patara Beach it was to be! Quite humid and not much sun when we arrived, but boy was it hot.  The surf wasn’t too bad, so within minutes of arriving we were all in and had a fabulous couple of hours there, the sun came out and it was very hot, so around 4pm we decided to come back to the pool and open the lovely Prosecco Lizzie had been saving for us. The bottle was soon gone, so a bottle of Majestic was opened and Lizzie and I got stuck into that too! And from there on in, the partying continued… Well it was their last night, so we needed to party.

We walked into town to meet the Gang at Kaya, at Yali we came across a lovely Turkish guy with a scooter, well a 3 wheeler to be frank.  Before I knew it Bob and I were talking to him, and within minutes, there I was riding pillion, and he whizzed down the hill and round the roundabout and dropped me at Kaya! OMG it was such fun, but I think the wine encouraged me, as I would never had been brave enough to have done that normally. The Gang were already there, and laughing when I told them, Automan had actually seen me circumnavigate the roundabout, buthadn’t realised at the time it was me on the back!

Agora was the venue for dinner tonight, and it was so delicious, I had a beautiful steak with peppercorn sauce that melted in your mouth. We could see Haybo and her famly on the roof terrace at Black and Gold so lots of waving went on, Bob and I had already bumped into them before the restaurant, so apologies Haybo that I probably was talking nonsense! It must be the sun (or the wine)!!!

By the time we got down to the harbour to Yacamoz, I was definitely on the water, we had our last nightcap and taxi back up to our beds! Well that was until Bob suggested another nightcap on the balcony, one last drink with out friends, I think the time was getting on for 1.30am, and poor Lizzie still had washing in the machine and cases to pack! But in true Ab Fab style, we managed our last nightcap of the holiday with them. 

Sunday ……

Up at 8am, not sure how, but we were.  The gang have just been collected and are en route to Dalaman, very emotional goodbyes, but we wished them a safe journey, and what a fab time we had all had. We will just look forward to seeing them in paradise again next year and hopefully for our annual meet up in the UK in the New Year.

After a small breakfast, as wasn’t hungry after yesterday’s feast, we decided to go down to the Kalkan Regency Hotel, wow what a beautiful place. Fantastic views over Kalkan and the lunch was fabulous.  They even have a pool bar in the pool so to speak, we swam, ate and just drank water. Very hot today, and humid again, so around 4pm back to the pool for a cool off!

Anyway, going to sign off now for a few days, as tomorrow is an exciting day, we are going Overseas!!! Well to Meis actually for 3 days, and then Kas for 2 nights.  Will be back to Kalkan on Friday.  We really are looking forward to our mini holiday within our big holiday.  If I can manage to work the Ipad, I will try and do a blog.

Sx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2017, 09:02:04 PM »
How exciting....you're gong abroad! Have fun  :laugh:

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »
I have loved your reports & of course Lizzilu's adventures - coffee on every morning, sit down, relax & read your reports, love Kalkan - love life💕  Thanks for sharing your holiday xxx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 05:51:03 AM »
As Jayne brought it up, I can confirm she was pretty merry when we bumped into them after the bike incident....how she went and ate like that I don't know, but good on ya Jayne...you pulled it off!

If you look at a photo of Automan on FB..you can see us in Black and Gold in the background!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
I'm so envious of your break within a break....Meis is gorgeous and to be there when the boats have gone will be a real treat. Enjoy, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:59 AM »
Well blogging from Greece that's a first!

Sunday ...... early meal for us as early start in the morning. Plan was Hunkars, but they were heaving and queues out the door, so Alternatif again it was. We both had chicken hermes which is in a brandy cream and mushroom sauce. Absolutely delicious. Will be going back at the weekend.

Monday ...... going abroad! Define Tours collected on the dot of 8.30am together with our huge suitcase full of enough clothes for a 5 week holiday let alone 5 days! IN no time at all we were in Kas, all went smoothly tickets bought, passports handed over and then we were told half an hour delay, not to worry coffee on the harbour watching the boats leave, so all was good.
We arrived in Meis around 11am and what a beautiful sight pulling into the harbour. Immediately spotted turtles as we arrived. Next stop try and find our pension dragging said big suitcase behind us! OH not impressed with my packing skills! The accommodation is very traditional, an old rum house just off the harbour. Perfect but second floor with heavy case!!
A quick unpack as lots of exploring to do and lunch to be had! To summarize we experienced our first pork gyros wow! Washed down with retsina and then swam. A perfect introduction to our first day here. In the evening we went for a walk and then for dinner at our favourite restaurant on the harbour. King garlic prawns followed by seafood spaghetti. It was amazing. I keep saying that was my favourite meal everywhere we eat but this one is right at the top! We were given complimentary Grappa didn't know you had that in Greece but I declined mine so OH gladly sunk 2! Our bed was calling as almost midnight and what a wonderful day we had both had.
Tuesday ..... up with the bells early! They certainly ring over here but I didn't mind I was off for an early morning explore before the sun comes up. Thinking I'd be the only one around the place was buzzing with coffee shops open fishermen going about their business, it was just like something out of a film set! I walked up to the castle, thinking this should help with my over indulgence the previous evening. What a beautiful view from the top! Back down and that's when I felt like the real Shirley Valentine, I ordered coffee and sat at a little table outside one of the restaurants taking in the amazing view, it was a very tranquil special moment amazing! Lots of beautiful boats in the harbour, one being apparently the Martini Bianco Rosso family, it is massive. Anyway back to the rum house to wake OH as more exploring to! We walked to the other side of the island to Mandraki via a beautiful place where the Mediterraneo film was made. What a stunning location. Lovely little traditional taverna there. Would really recommend seeking it out if you visit Meis. Anyway Mandraki another stunning place right on the sea. Only one restaurant there and the owner Nikko, as we were to find out chatted to us and before we knew it, he said I'm off to the to the other side of the island to get the bread do you want to come I'll give you a lift back! IN his inflatable dinghy he meant! So low and behold we were speeding through the water back to the harbour! What fun! Such lovely people!
Next stop a well earned drink lunch and sunbed and swim time and that's exactly what we did!
One sad thing to add was a boat of refugees arrived overnight guessing about 40 of them. SO sad hope they get relocated somewhere soon.
There was a very strong warm breeze blowing tonight and it was so welcoming as it was blistering hot today, so was easy walking as felt cooler. Dinner was planned to visit the taverna back up the hill which we did but when we got there we thought about the amazing prawns we had the previous night, so we just had a drink there and went back to the harbour for more of the same and delicious they were too!
Wednesday ...... can't believe we are leaving today. It has been absolutely wonderful. I've just got back from another early morning stroll, we have until 4pm so the day is our oyster so to speak! 2 nights in Kas now for us so we are now looking forward to that too.
Hope this all makes sense as have done it on my phone. Apologies for any typos!

Sx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »
Oh Jayne that sounds wonderful. I can't believe we've never been to Meis yet!

It must have been upsetting seeing the refugees landing. Hopefully they are now safe and able to build new lives until they are able to return to their homeland if that's their wish.

Enjoy your last day. Missing you guys so much and wish we were with you sharing your experiences.  :-*

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Another Fabulous holiday in Kalkan

Started by Natsky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 08:55:37 PM
by claire
xx
Fabulous catering service

Started by clarel on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 06:14:17 PM
by shawn
xx
End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!

Started by alantj on General Discussion

93 Replies
Last post November 29, 2018, 09:11:03 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Fabulous Emir Apartment for sale

Started by Kalkan Magic on Property For Sale

0 Replies
Last post February 10, 2014, 09:35:56 AM
by Kalkan Magic

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EnjoyKalkan meet

Views: 4213
By: Adrian
Making Ravioli