Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"  (Read 42965 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Well, it feels soooo good to be able to finally start this blog, as it means that our summer holiday is almost here - yeah!!!!

This past week has been a frenzy of packing, washing, shopping, manicuring, and of course the dreaded exfoliating  :o Believe me, I have a real love/hate relationship with my epilady, especially when tackling toe hair but the end result is definitely worth it  ;D

K4E, you will be proud of me as I actually started packing yesterday and bar my make-up, we are good to go. I know that's not fab by your standards but it's positively excellent by mine, so hopefully tonight can be spent chillaxing with prosseco instead of trying to squeeze 50kg into a 23kg weight of case! I really don't want to count my chickens just yet though as I'm sure I'll remember some obscure essential like OH's nasal hair trimmers at midnight tonight as I'm trying to snatch a couple of hours before our obscenely early flight tomorrow.

Both OH and I are at work right now, but due to finish shortly. Poor crazy hound Charlie will be tearfully dispatched to Borstal with his blankie and toys and then we will be in true holiday mode.

Hopefully my next installment will be coming to you from Kalkan and I for one, cannot wait. Yippee!!!!  8) 8) O0 8) 8)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12304.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
Yes yippee your almost on your way! Can't wait, so glad you've started your blog as well, can I hand my baton over to you now lizzie!  ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy your Prosecco, safe journey and we are so looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow evening. X
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:49:18 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:46:36 PM »
Were all excited you are going Lizilu.....lots more posts!
Shirley......don't you go having any ideas about not writing any more, we are all enjoying them!  :laugh:

Offline Automan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
    • www.baseautobodies.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
Yes! Just a few more hours then we will be on our way to Manchester! We will be in Kalkan by 3.30pm hopefully!

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »
Loving your Epilady moment, same here! We arrive tomorrow for our 3rd visit - can't wait  :)
Lou :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »
3.30pm is a lovely time to arrive in Kalkan....I take it you are not flying easyJet :)
Lizilu, packing for two is soooohhh much easier than packing for a family so I salute you for your superior packing skills. Isn't it better being packed early though....?
Jayne/Shirley you cannot hang your red nipple up just yet...ohno. Loving your reports and we know you are an early riser so the blog is giving you something to do whilst Bob packs in more zeds. It's a mutual thing.
Haybo as passed the baton to an impressively prepared, defuzzed Lizilu.....can't wait for your reports. Safe journey, God Speed.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:07 PM »
Oh good luck with everything. We'll have to remember OH's nose/ear etc trimmer, trouble is bought him a state of the art grooming whatsit one for Christmas, stupid me it weighs more than the old poundstore one without extra bits. We don't go for a few weeks but already mentally choosing dresses and flip-flops, this happens every time. Then OH buys a SLAB of strong cheese, that's equal to a couple of sandals. Have to sneak it over to my neighbours just before we go. Our dog goes to jail too with his blanky, squeaky and one of my smelly slippers and enough chewies to feed the entire kennels. That's Dad's job, to desert him, took the kids for their jabs so it's his turn to cry on the quiet believe me he does. Well have a safe flight, a relaxing  holiday and take care.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 01:50:22 AM »
Have a great holiday! Bob and Jayne are looking forward to your arrival! Just got home. Very sad face!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:00:35 AM »
Hi everyone. Well we are here and officially back in paradise.  :D

We set off to the airport, bleary eyed at 3.30am yesterday morning and by 5.30am I was sat nursing a large glass of wine that I forced down me, confident in the fact that somewhere in the world it's wine o'clock and after all, I'm on my holidays.  :)

Poor youngest daughter wasn't quite so excited. She is extremely frightened of flying and has dreadful motion sickness. She'd already started as she meant to go on as I discovered when I was mopping vom up from the lounge carpet just as the taxi pulled up, and I now found myself hurtling through the airport en route to the loo with her,  and her head in a WHSmith carrier bag just as they called our seat numbers out!

A couple of Bombay sapphires later (why am I such a lush on holiday) and we were landing! Yeah! The searing heat hit us and warmed our bones as we disembarked and onto passport control and nearly falling over a little boy with the same syndrome as our youngest. He was hurling onto the carpet of the air bridge and I glanced at our youngest with her green tinge and his mothers empathetic eyes met mine and we nodded to each other in that knowing way!

Long queues at passport control but the official was in good humour as he winked at me and asked if our eldest was my sister. Hahaha, you should have seen the look of disgust on her face. Cases were first though and off we set chugging onto the D400, scoffing biscuits, drinking water and watching "finding nemo" on the mini bus TV. Thank you Alper at EGE rentals for providing such a comfortable transfer.  :)

The Vila is as beautiful as ever, with views to die for. I love that feeling of utter contentment as I stand looking out over Kalkans horseshoe bay with the boats wending their way past mouse and snake and not knowing where the sea ends and the sky begins. Perfect.
Before we knew it we had unpacked and were on our way to visit friends armed with sausages we'd smuggled over for them.

We ate at Adana kebab last night which was a first for us. I can highly recommend this lovely little place. No frills, just typical Turkish friendliness (our kitchen is your kitchen), delicious traditional food and cheap prices. All 5 of us ate and drank for an unbelievable 133 TL. Which included 3 drinks each and all main meals. Unbelievable value for money.

Just be very careful of leaning over the terrace though as I found to my dismay. We had spotted Bob and Jayne waltzing out of the dream hotel so I ( trying not to draw attention to myself) leaned over the metal balcony which was adorned with fairy lights and discreetly called "jayyynee", she didn't hear me so I leaned a little further, "oh JAyyyyynnnneaarrrrgh" as the bloody lights fused on my arm and sent an electric shock hurtling through my body making my fingers tingle and my hair stand on end!!! The whole restaurant was witness to my stupidly and I felt so embarrassed. Revived with wine, I was good to go in no time and we had the most fantastic night catching up with our lovely friends.

Not sure what today will bring but I will be sure to keep you all posted of our adventures.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:13:18 AM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
Oh that made me laugh...can I say lol and get away with it! I was a bit accident prone this time - I did my leg in agsin in on the last day so I am still operating with the Meis hobble!

Look forward to tomorrow's report .

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
Yes it has just made me laugh too Lizzie, brilliant as ever. You can go to the top of the class. Keep on blogging. Was fab seeing you all last night. Definitely lots of fun times ahead! X

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
Elecitric shock on Day One.......wow you've surpassed yourself :laugh: :laugh:
Let's hope this is your only mishap this holiday...although I doubt it. So looking forward to your reports alongside Jaynes - a double helping- how lucky are we?
Enjoy your stay...well jel :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:31:25 PM »
Yon really have excelled Lizilu! I can't imagine what the combination of an electric shock and the 'Kalkan frizz' would do for my hair! Please take care....we need more posts!  ;D ;D

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
Brilliant Lizzie, why do we never have moment's like that, a had visions of the whole town in darkness due to you fusing the lights. Have a lovely time & keep the tales coming.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »
Ha Ha ..you crack me up!! You obviously missed some hair with you epilady >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Just seen your post Lizzie - the first of many I hope. between you and Jayne you are making Kalkan feel like just the place for us again next year.  Can't wait - and a whole 13 months to go.  >:( >:( >:( ??? ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »
Monday 11/08/14

Well I'm still alive thank God after my hair raising experience but I'm sure my curls are much frizzier than usual  O0

Yesterday we stayed in the villa greedy for the sun and the pool. We went at it full on and today we are paying the price. We are now the lobster family, well apart from sensible mum and the family backs that sensible mum slathered factor 50 on.  Smug old me, there's only so much I told you so that sulky teens will tolerate though! I had my own issues however as although I still have skin like alabaster, I have a head like a bears backside after last nights antics.

I had a couple of wines late afternoon and a sundowner G&T before we set off on the long walk down from the villa. We are staying in a beautiful villa just off the road that leads out of town towards Bezirgan. The views are amazing but you have to be as sure footed as a mountain goat to tackle the steep descent and with my dodgy knees to boot, walking to town's quite an art I so thought I'd better neck another G&T to oil my joints. Trouble is, with dieting, I've been really cutting down on alcohol so my tolerance is not as good as it used to be. It did the trick though and we made it down in no time. We stopped off at the lemon garden and I had a Bacardi and coke and a sneaky peek at Aklan who had just arrived for his session. I don't know what it is about the measures there but that drink just pushed me over  the edge and I really felt quite tipsy so thought we'd better eat.

We sauntered/staggered down to Asian Gate where we had the most marvellous meal. It was really delicious. The salt and pepper chicken is beautiful and so was the butter chicken I had for my main.  We had S&P chicken x 2, samosas and hot and sour soup to start, 2 sweet and sour chickens, the butter chicken, chicken tikka masala garlic naan and a S&P chicken main. 1 bottle of white wine shared between me and OH,  (why oh why did I do that) 1 Efes, and 4 soft drinks and water for an amazing 272 TL! If you've never been before and enjoy Asian food, you really must try it. It might not be just the same as your local takeaway but it's really nice and my favourite meal so far. Emine and Jawad are lovely people and so kind and generous. The also have a beautiful daughter who is so sweet. At the end of the meal I managed to stagger down the steps and zig zagged my way down to the moonlight bar where I committed my first offence  ::)

Muhittin spotted up coming, well it was difficult to avoid seeing me really, in fact, pretty much difficult to avoid me really as I ran into his open arms for a bear hug. There was a bloke sat at a table who I presumed was a waiter. Why did I presume that? God knows but I did. Muhittin was chatting to him in TUrkish and I think was asking him to move so we could be seated. Moonlight was full and this was a fab table on the flat and big enough to accommodate all 5 of us. In my addled mind, I thought he was telling him to move, rather than asking politely and I jokingly slurred to this bloke "oi, hoppit mate" with a sweeping arm gesture and promptly fell over a pillar. He looked at me like he had an unpleasant smell on his upper lip and moved seats. It was only this morning that I realised he wasn't a waiter but a paying customer and I'd been so rude to him. I'm so embarrassed when I think what I did and I will hang my head in shame when we go back  ;D

We met Bob and JAyne in moonlight and so the fun and games continued. Jayne was so right when she said that our two OH's were like naughty schoolboys. I dragged Jayne off by the hand to go bag shopping - I needed her support physically as well as emotionally ha ha and it was here that I committed my second and final offence of the night.

Well it was my birthday recently, and I requested money for bags. I only have a modest amount but last night I felt like mrs big hitter and unfortunately reserved bags in every bloody bag shop in the old town. I don't know how I'm going to show my face down there later. I even had the lady in BSG modelling all the styles while I hummed and ahhed and swept out of the shop like lady docker.

I honestly don't know how I made it home last night. I just about remember one of the girls putting me to bed as I'd fallen asleep on the outside sofa and she rescued me. The rest of my loving family had just abandoned me and I don't really blame them as I think I was quite obnoxious last night.  ::)

I will learn by mistakes and I'm sitting drinking coke zero as I write this. Trouble is Bob and Jayne are coming up to join us for dinner tonight so I'm not sure how long I will be able to stay in sensible mode as my mum used to tell me, I'm just so easily led  ;D

To be continued...

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »
Oh Lizilu.......hang your head in shame!  ;D ;D
Just think of all the fun your girls will have telling everyone how embarrassing you were....those sorts of stories live on for years.....I speak from experience!  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 05:53:16 PM »
Don't worry, Lizilu. You're not alone. I dont drink on a schoolnight at home so when we go away and are drinking every night (usually to excess in those first few days...) it can take its toll on my dignity. I often describe our behaviour as two teenagers whose parents have gone away for the first time and left us at home with a stocked drinks cabinet. Its easy done and somehow over the next few days, as if by magic, you will either get used to the excess or find your level. Mine is generally the former :)
I saw a birthday card recently which had the following on the front:-
"Dear Alcohol, we had a deal. You were meant to make me funnier, sexier, more intelligent and a better dancer. I've seen the photos, we need to talk"
I'm amazed I didnt tumble more over those bollards in Moonlight after a few drinks...I made a couple of good attempts at it but always seemed to save myself, or be saved, at the last second. I tell you they are for bags...and you should have a fair few of them to perch on there before the holiday is out. Atta Girl ;) ;)
Loving your reports, please keep them coming  :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
Fab reports! If you and Jayne could ensure you co ordinate your reports, I will get to enjoy hers first thing with a cuppa, and yours when I get home.

Try to stay upright!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Map of Kalkan

Views: 6841
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Harbour