Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Winter Kalkan  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Winter Kalkan
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
Hi,

After having just spent the last week in Kalkan, I thought I''d give you my holiday report.

Firstly, thanks to Sue & Sean for letting us rent their beautiful apartment, stunning views and great location.

We had a brilliant time & would definitely go again but I would have to say it is very very quiet & a very different holiday to the summer, AFTER New Years day there was very few restaurants open & no bars where open or they closed very early on in the evening, it was like a ghost town after dark!

Weather was good, sunny & warm but very chilly at night time, Saturday & Sunday there was lots of rain, it was still quite mild though, certainly a lot warmer than here.

New Years eve was great, we spent the night in ISO''s restaurant with all the locals, we had fires in the street to keep us warm, champagne, fireworks, lots of food & drink. After this walked round the town & it was really lovely, everyone out on the streets, wishing you a happy new year, we finished the night in the Pasha bar & was great as usual.

New Years day we had a swim in the sea, it was a little chilly in the sea but was a nice day so warm when we got out, certainly was refreshening!!

We had one day where we hired a car & went exploring, it is definitely a better of time for this as you don''t have to walk round in the heat.

We ate at ISO''s kitchen, IBO''s, Oz Adana & Adem from Bezigan kitchens cooked us 2 BBQ''s which where Delicious!

Other than that it was a very relaxing week, lots of eating & drinking, got to spend more time with our friends as they wasn''t working which was nice, we actually felt like locals & not tourists.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2745.0

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Winter Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »
I forgot one very important thing, although the dogs are a big problem for me they where not as bad as I thought, I did not see any skinny looking dogs or any begging for food, in fact I''m sure there was less than in the summer, they didn''t look hungry to me!

I have to say that most of the dogs I saw had collars on them so where not strays.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »
Thanks for this report Lougie.
It is interesting to read a Winter report for a change, and, as from previous reports on which restaurants and shops are now opening through out the winter, is another indication that Kalkan is slowly moving towards an all year round destination.
Thanks again
Joan

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
I was also in Kalkan over new year - my first winter visit and I loved it.  The days were warmer than I expected and it was fabulous walking on Patara beach on new year''s day with snow-capped mountains in the distance. 

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
Hi Lougie,

Thanks for your "Holiday Report".......It answered a lot of question''s for me.....well done

Would be great to hear other peoples reports ? !

Regards KD
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Winter in Kalkan

Started by Lougie on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 10:36:00 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Winter in Kalkan

Started by Bee on Holiday Reports and Reviews

63 Replies
Last post March 06, 2012, 07:59:35 AM
by Bee
xx
Winter in Kalkan

Started by onelove on Weather

39 Replies
Last post February 09, 2018, 08:07:01 AM
by joycie
xx
Winter in Kalkan 2012 (Back on!)

Started by Marje40 on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post July 24, 2012, 10:12:15 AM
by Marje40

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

IMG_2069_JPG.jpg

Views: 2711
By: PaulineBurns
Storm Brewing