Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wishing my life away  (Read 17467 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Wishing my life away
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »
Shocking about that bag isnt it? The amount of times we have just left our stuff under the sun bed presuming it would be safe just makes me realise we have been too trusting.

Glad you're having a lovely time and how could you not be in our favourite place.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »
Yesterday Morning and Daisy and Phil and Joy had hired a car to show Joy a.bit more of our surroundings. The guy delivered the car no money changed hands and the four were off.Always amazes me how much they trust us.

Brian and I decided to meander down to the harbour. We stopped off at Brian's massage parlour the little grocery shop/paper shop and sure enough our Turkish masseur was treating the owner to the works behind the counter. A great big grin when he saw Brian  but he carried a stool round and ushered me to sit down.
Covered in a lovely sweet smelling lemon oil he massaged my  shoulders arms and fingers and head and it was delightful. Got to say don't think it would have the same effect if I was sat in the middle of Tesco's at home.
Brian sat on a chair in the corner reading the paper.
I got up gave him 20 lira and he smiled and gave me a kiss with his bristly chin harshly rubbing mine.
We carried on down to Feners and ordered two fresh oranges absolutely delicious. Another two fresh oranges and an Efes and lunch beckoned. Brian had egg on toast and I had cheese on toast.it was served with salad and chips and was just too much but lovely.
We got a taxi back to the Villa and lounged round the pool dipping in and out as required.
The others arrived home after a lovely day and we proceeded to get ready to go out.
We were going up to Aqua and so a drink in the beagle bar was quickly Frank and a six seater taxi flew us to Aqua.
Yusuf invited us to partake of a drink so we chose cocktails which were lovely and after a couple sat down and ordered dinner.
The food in Aqua is beautiful and there were quite a lot diningthere. My main course was lemon sole and wonderful too.
After wonderful sweets which included the cooked I've cream we got into the six seater and flew back to the Villa. Another magical night.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »
All sounds just perfect Joycie!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 08:15:13 AM »
Yesterday was an at home day.  Bri and I meandered down to Carrefour to replenish the fridge. Tomatoes bread Efes cheese various salad items white wine etc etc.
It was so hot not complaining just saying and we drank a cold bottle of tonic water when we got back.
Lunch was lovely a Phil omelette with lovely fresh bread. Mmm
We continued in and out of the pool till it was time to get ready for our last supper. The others were going home tomorrow so we had chosen Mussakka for our feast.
First we went to Botanik. It was empty. It had advertised itself as football free and I didn’t think that it had done itself any favours. All around the bars were packed with the English all
Shouting on their team. We left after a couple of Efes and the street was vibrant with the chants of its coming home. Oh dear I thought to myself the Kalkan perfectionists will be moaning in full force tomorrow.
Bri and Dave went to change some money. Mor and I went to Sports Direct although it isn’t advertised as that anymore except on its carrier bags. She bought a lovely pair of sandals and we walked over to Mussakka. I met my masseur outside the grocery shop. Fag in mouth cap at a jaunty angle and he espied us hoping for another 20 lira. Tomorrow we said and we meandered up go Mussakka.
There was nobody in but we were early. Lovely guys free starter although Bri and I shared some beautiful fish cakes. I had surf and turf and my mouth is salivating now at the thought
Of the wonderful prawns and fillet steak. Couldn’t eat it all so wrapped some steak for Buster. Sweet was chocolate and caramel cheese cake with ice cream. An on the house ameretto followed and with the various bottles of wine that we’d downed it came to about £55 per couple. Such super food for so little money.
We walked out happily and found the six seater taxi to ferry us home. Buster  was given a little of the fillet steak and we filled our glasses and went up to the roof terrace to reflect on a perfect holiday.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »
Oh for heaven's sake how embarrassed am I? We've had a lovely day at the Villa swimming and sleeping. I took my bracelets back to Just Silver for adjustments to their clasps and was told to pick them up this evening.
We spent the rest of the day by the pool.Lovely relaxing day in and out and decided to go to Teras to say farewell to John.
We called in at Botanik first. I had lovely cocktail with brandy and chocolate ice cream Brian had an Efes. They were quite busy but we paid our bill and moved on to Teras. Had a lovely meal with a bottle of house red and then two on the house reds appeared from John.
Brian was a little worse for wear. We staggered to Just Silver picked up the bracelets free if charge and then staggered literally back to the taxi rank. A very kind gentleman helped me get Bridges in a taxi and we spedba k home.
He's sleeping now and I could kill him. I might in the morning.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 05:38:28 AM »
Just a quick up date the patient has woken up alive and kicking a d very embarrassed. Silly old man who I thought was hypo at first and then just knew that all the free drinks had gone to his head. I stopped being Florence Nightingale and became a would be murderess in a very short time.
It was a lovely night last night soured by the libations but we live to fight another day in paradise ..

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
Joycie I'm guilty of staggering across that road more times than I care to remember so go easy on him  ;D

Your holiday sounds perfect.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
Thankyou Liz I was very cross with him because I’ve always got thoughts of five years ago in my mind. Lovely Adem was there for us then but last night I was on my own.
His first coherent words were I expect this will cost me? I’m jewellery or bag perhaps both.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
In a weak moment always stoke hard Joycie.....go for both!! ;D

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
I agree with Babs !  So enjoying your posts Joycie - always a new adventure!!! -  Keep up the good work x

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 08:12:54 AM »
Yesterday dawned with a grumpy me and a very keen husband not really talking to each other. I had spent half the night trying to save his life from a diabetic coma and really her had one too many.
I didn't want breakfast (truth be told one too many myself) so Brian made himself a mushroom omelette and I had an orange juice.
I continued to ignore him for a while but life's too short so we lay the pool sleeping because of the nights exertions. Dinner was to be cheese on toast. I got out the Turkish cheddar Brian toasted the bread and under the grill it went. I was hungry and it was lovely.
Back to the pool and a lovely afternoon dipping in and out of the pool watching  paraglider ( which Brian and Dave and Mor never let me forget that they did in Keffalonia) and sleeping a d drinking apple tea.
We had decided to wander down to the Old Town. This lovely Villa is in stepping distance so a meander down the hill was not a hardship.
We passed the Chinese. There was nobody in. It blends so well with the other lovely buildings down there and it's lovely twinkly lanterns welcome you. I hope it does well we had a lovely meal last week and the place was packed.
Botanik was our first port of call. Love this place cool and quirky. The staff always personally welcome you. Two Efes ordered we sat down. They advertised that they didn't have the football  but it doesn't seem to have done them any favours. A gentleman  came in said he'd be back later to have a drink and watch the game but when advised no football he left. They said it would be quiet because of the lack of football so come on all you football haters support the bars who don't have it on instead of moaning about the ones that do.
We talked to one of the lads he was supporting England . He didn't know Birmingham City Brian's team but he knew a lot of our premier teams and of course Turkish teams.
We told him of our experience going through Istanbul airport last year after the big soccer match.Then we left Brian wanted to watch the football.
We sat in Old Style Bar. I think it was Pera's last year. The football screen was erected but not obtrusive in any way and the lovely music kept playing throughout.
We ordered garlic prawns to share as a starter and it was delicious. There were garlic mushrooms in the dish too and combined with their lovely free starter it was a lovely way to start a meal. I had the sea bass fillets Brian had salmon. Both were lovely. Cheese cake for me ice cream for Brian. Two red wines and an Efes £33 now you tell me if that's not value for money!
While we were in there a young couple sat down and looked at the menu. They wanted steak but we're told no steak on the menu tonight.We told them to go to the Teras where we had had a lovely evening the night before they thanked us and left. Hope he didn't want to watch the football they don't have it on there either.
We left and wandered down Old St. All of the restaurants were packed.
We saw John standing by Moonlight Bar and thanked him for the lovely evening before. Even though it was a little hazy in a certain someone's mind.
Back home in a taxi no help required tonight and up to the terrace for a small drinky and  game of crib. I WON.
Perfect end to a perfect evening.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Glad you're back on speaking terms  ;D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
Oh doesn’t take long life’s too short. On our way to the Elixir tonight for a meal and Bri can watch the football.xx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »
I bet it’s a good vibe out there tonight. Have a fab evening.  :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
just catching up with your reports, joycie...poor Bri (or Bridges as he will be forever known... ;D ;D) fancy getting carried away with alcohol on holiday tut tut. I know it must have been worrying for you, joycie as its difficult to tell a hypo from a drunko...
Blame John....but I've no idea who John is...? Blame him anyway...! :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like you are having a great holiday despite the domestics, thanks for sharing!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »
I know about my typos but I haven’t got my I pad here and every timeI try and alter anything I lose my post. So after throwing my new pad at the wall a few times decided to leave as they were total rubbish but you get the gist.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
Your typos make it all the more fun Joycie......many a glaring one myself, blame predictive text! Carry on having fun and please keep on sharing  :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »
We’re sat in the Elixir watching the football at the mo squeaky bum time or what?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 05:41:31 AM »
Joycie just catching up with your holiday reports, thank you so much for sharing, typos or not sounds like your having a fab time. Glad harmony has resumed now  :D :D. Couldn't think of a better place to watch the football either!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 01:27:57 PM »
I’mhot

The bothered and fed up! We go home tomorrow and I’m trying to do this witness statement on my flipping I phone and my fingers are too big. I’ve lost it on numerous occasions and I’m thinking of just putting ‘this is Joycie Bye I’m off!
After a sip of apple tea I will resume.
Yesterday was spent mainly by the pool. Bri Me and Buster the cat had a lovely tuna lunch
lay idly by the pool and then washed showered and trotted up to the Elixir for dinner and the
footie. I’d never been in before and was impressed. We were shown to a  lovely table for two
and imparted to join in the mess. I think there were about 37 choices and a tad over the top
we opted for garlic mushrooms with cheese on chicken curry with the obligatory chips and Bri had ice cream and me the most delicious yoghurt honey and banana.It was delicious. We made our way next door to watch the game and sat down amongst a lovely crowd who unfortunately kept dropping glasses on the floor. This was the adults not the kids but all was swept up pleasantly by the lovely bar staff. We stood up for the National Anthem and although it wasn’t the required result it was a lovely evening in amicable surroundings.
We decided to walk down to the taxi rank. We passed dejected England fans and when we got to the taxi rank there wasn’t one to be had for love nor money and the queue of hopeful passengers stretched from Bezigrans to the Town beach. Alright a bit of an exaggeration but as there were no taxis on the rank we walked up past Carrefour and home.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wishing my life away!

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

21 Replies
Last post September 01, 2017, 01:36:08 PM
by joycie
xx
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Started by Prajabhavah on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post December 17, 2023, 11:09:08 AM
by Prajabhavah
question
kalkan life

Started by tinks on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 12:38:31 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Marine life questions

Started by claire on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 02:18:23 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal