Author Topic: Villa Kahili  (Read 7130 times)

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Villa Kahili
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »
After having villas in spain and cyprus for many years have finally persuaded hubby and teenage kids (19 year old and her friend and my son who is fifteen) to go to Turkey, after hours of surfing net have finally decided Kalkan is best place, have just discovered this wonderfull site with so many views.  Have just booked Villa Kahili, looks realy nice and owner said it was a walk to centre and beach clubs nearby.  Has anybody got any details on this villa and will teenagers be happy in Kalkan, not looking for mad nightlife, but a few disco bars etc.  So many people seem really pleased with Turkey yet so many of my friends including my husband just "dont fancy it", your views would be great. I feel responsible after booking this villa if they dont like it, I am sure I will be happy there.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=969.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Villa Kahili
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Are you prepared for what is in store!!!! you may never want to go on holiday anywhere other than Turkey once the Kalkan bug has bitten. You have made a great choice, the Kids will love the Kalamar beach club plenty to do without tourist tack, the restraunts are great, trips are amazing it is so safe and the kids will be able to wonder off on there own in an evening and leave you. I dont know where the villa is but sure someone will. 8) 8)

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »
Dear Sunlover
we have been going to kalkan for over 10 years and my Daughter who has just turned twenty still loves it. There aren''t any night clubs as such but there are one or two lively bars, the moonlight bar and sandals are my daughter and her friends choice. What I like is the fact that I feel comfortable letting my daughter and her friends do their own thing, far more comfortable then when she goes out in our home town! As Holidayfever said they are sure to love the beach club at Kalamar bay, plus the lazy day at sea boat trips are great, really relaxing but with plenty of opportunities to swim in the crytal clear waters. They may also like a trip to Saklikent Gorge which is also a lot of fun, if a bit cold! There are quite a few tour companies in Kalkan who offer trips and excursions. If you are beach lovers the local beach in Kalkan is very nice but for a truly spectacular beach you should visit Patara which is a short journey by dolmus (local bus).
If you like eating out you really are spoilt for choice in Kalkan, the food is superb, the service efficient but very friendly and most of the restaurants are located on roof top terraces affording stunning views.
Finally, the people of Kalkan are genuinely warm and friendly, nothing is ever too much trouble. I am sure you will all have a lovely holiday.
Kind Regards
Lorretta.

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:26:34 PM »

Dear Holidayfever and Loretta,  Thanks so much for your comments, i am sure we will love it, sitting here in the cold wet weather makes it seem a million miles away, just cant wait to go see Kalkan for ourselves. I expect I will be on this site many times before we go in August,  now i have finally sorted out villa I know have to sort out car hire and flights, but think it is quite straightforward, we usually travel with Monarch, but not sure if they go to Turkey, flythomascook seems to be quite reasonable and good times,
seen XL.com but have not really heard of them, has anybody had experience with them, good or bad.
Look forward to reading any comments.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
I have flown with XL.com several times. Most of the time they were o.k but they do have a bit of a reputation for being blighted by delays. Also on one occasion when we didn''t reconfirm on the return journey they had moved our flight back 7 hours, so we were stuck in the airport for a very long time, but it taught us a lesson - always re-confirm! I have also flown with flythomascook and they were fine. Monarch do fly to Dalaman as far as I know but whenever we have looked at their flights in the past they have been really expensive. A lot of people on the forum recommend Onur air I personally have no experience of this airline but many people on here have used them and got some really good prices, so it might be worth checking that out too.
Kind Regards
Lorretta.

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
Thanks Lorretta, have been checking with flights, cheapest I can find and probably most reliable is with ThomasCook, still having to pay nearly £300 each though so for five of us it all adds up, should have looked into it earlier, will know next time to do it earlier, cannot find Monarch flights, usually use them for Spain etc and never had any delays.  Bit worried about other airlines that are not so reliable as the thought of being delayed does not appeal, although I know delays can happen through no fault of the individual airlines.  had better get on with the housework now, i spend ages looking at villas, flights, cars etc. 

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
You''ll find Monarch flights on www.avro.co.uk
I''ve had a quick look, but the prices are quite steep.

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:14:24 PM »
Thanks had a look and are quite steep, think I will have to go with flythomascook.
thanks for help

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »
Hi Sunlover
not sure if you''ve booked your flights yet, I''ve only just picked up this thread. We flew XL last year and they were fine, but have booked with Agean Flights (Onur Air) for this year after recommendations from this forum. They are by far the cheapest - but we did book back in October when I think they were really reasonable. I know some people who booked last August for this August and they were ridiculously cheap. Worth a quick look if you haven''t booked (www.ageanflights.com) with five of you the saving might be considerable.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
sorry, spelling''s always been my weakness - www.aegeanflights.com.  :P

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 05:42:47 PM »
Hi sunlover

The other site for Onur Air is holidays4U.com, they are based down in Brighton. Onur Air run flights out of Gatwick on Mondays and Fridays during the summer months (May-Oct) and are quite good price. Onur Air doesn''t sell direct to the public but only through the appointed agents Aegean and holidays4U. I have however, found some of the Thomas Cook prices cheaper in some instances.

As for teenagers, you''ll have no problem there.  Because it''s just late night bars with tiny dance floors you don''t get the problem of having a ''nightclub'' scene. My family go down there - 20 something''s and still enjoy themselves. In fact they tell me they can relax more and be themselves without having to compete like they do in UK clubs! Everything in Kalkan is that much more relaxed and safer. So have no worries. You can enjoy your holiday whilst the kids enjoy theirs!

Offline TUBA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »
Hi Sunlover - we travel three times a year to Canaries etc and have used Excel many times - we have rarely suffered delays and only short ones at that - I guess it''s the luck of the draw really.  it is important to check return times though but easy to do.    We are flying to Kalkan with Thomsonfly in July this year but we booked in November for  good price.  It was about £330 from Manchester 2 weeks ago if that helps?  Tuba

Offline sunlover

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »
Thanks, i have now booked up with flyThomascook as these were best times and best prices although still more than I wanted (£330.00) adult return, if we decide to go again in 2009 we will book flights up early as you seem to get a better deal the earlier you book.
Sunlover

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa Kahili

Started by sunlover on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 07:02:19 PM
by felicity
xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - 4 bed, 4 bath villa - prices slashed for July & August!

Started by felicity on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
by felicity
xx
Villa Doruk /Villa Sena

Started by jujujones on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 11:27:31 PM
by jujujones
xx
Villa Mor Ev

Started by pw on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 24, 2011, 11:12:28 AM
by pw

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal