Author Topic: FLIGHTS  (Read 11165 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
FLIGHTS
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »
This year most people we spoke to had experienced flight delays of various lengths..ourselves had 2 hours going and the same returning(Dalaman was dire we were at gate 33 which is in the basement greenhouse underneath the other gates and had gone through security searches before all was revealed it were nearly a riot!)..The flights for which we had paid for priority etc we didn't get so I am currently at war with Thomas Cook for being thieving gits! Now on board coming home the crew were rude and surly and were heard referring to passengers as cattle! Now I am a free thinking non judgemental type of lizard so tend to believe in "whatever floats your boat" but the sight of a transgender stewardess who looked like Jimmy Nail in a frock well! I have seen several transgender stewardesses on Easyjet Monarch etc over the years and they have been very smart in immaculate uniform and makeup leaving an element of is it or isn't it ...Jimmy didn't !..Hooray! food time! oh dear..James Martin only your mum could have liked that! why do airlines give you crackers and a bread roll but only I small knob of butter..leaving you to play spread roulette who gets it the cracker or the roll?..Anyway I have just checked next years prices and the reward TC have given themselves is to raise the price on this year by about £150 aren't they wonderful? I can buy a flight to Florida cheaper but sadly I don't want to go to Florida!
well I have no choice if I want civilised flight times but to bite the bullet and suck it up as it's a long walk! ::) >:D
just sayin

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14023.0
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: FLIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »
Sounds like a nightmare BL and I think Joycie had a similar experience recently. It used to be a pleasure and exciting to be on the plane but it just seems so stressful nowadays. Cabin crew used to be really polite and helpful didn't they. I wonder why standards have dropped so much?

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
I flew recently with Easy Jet from Manchester ( never want to go there again)- the speel at the start of the safety thing makes it VERY clear that they are there for your safety and not as your servants.....interesting.  We were in row 1 and on the way out the crew talked alot about their weekend antics, which was informative....

On the way back we had a 9 hr delay and the crew were AMAZING...they were so apologetic and even the Captain came out into the cabin to express how unhappy he was at the limited information we had been given.  They were a credit to EasyJet!

They have already paid out the compensation and I have already spent it on flights with Turkish Airways!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:38:39 PM »
The crew on our return could not give a flying wotsit..they took great delight in telling all that they hadn't been on one of these type of planes before and could not find pillows or indeed anything else they were asked for or even the stuff to demonstrate belts/lifejackets  etc so how are they going to ensure passengers get off mmmm? Mrs L asked for a glass of water to take medication and was told sorry we are on a break! good egh? we have had some decent ones over the years but rude ones or sharp ones are becoming more readily available!! :( >:D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »
Oh Lizard we had exactly the same experience with Thomas Cook although thankfully no delays. Because it was a special birthday I had been treated to premium economy if there is such a thing. It was a total disaster and won't  be falling for it again. The crew coming back were the worst. Leaving Dalaman at 3.00 in the morning is not the best experience and the premium economy thing is a waste of money because who really wants a James Martin meal at that time in the .morning. The free drinks don't work either because again at that time in the .morning there isn't  drinks service very often. The cabin crew were elderly and usually this is a good thing but they were surly and papers were strewn all over the route to the forward looking as an elderly air hostess tried to balance her books.
I am still awaiting a reply from TC.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
Don't hold your breath on a reply from TC, you probably won't get one, and if you do, it'll be along the lines of 'tough, nothing to do with us' answer.

TC=Total C**p

Rating: vying with LyanAir for the worst airline in the world.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 03:57:30 PM »
I know exactly what you mean Blue Lizard, we booked flights with TUI(or whatever they call themselves these days) with extra legroom & baggage, only to be bumped off their own planes on to Freebird. Never heard of them but Tui informed us that extra legroom seats are not available on their flights, yet no mention of a refund. Tui really are the pits, return flight times changed by 8 hours, will never book with them again. On a brighter note we have booked flights with Jet2 for next year at reasonable times & £250.00 cheaper than Tui this year. Good luck to anyone hunting for flights next year at reasonable times & costs. Come back Monarch!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 06:05:12 PM »
We've flown Monarch for the last few years from Manchester - always excellent and much missed.
This June we flew with easyjet, same flight times we'd enjoyed with Monarch as I cant do those late afternoon departures and early am returns anymore. I have to say our flight was on time (landing early) from Manchester and delayed by an hour coming back - I can live with that given the experience of others. If they are operating the same flight times again - the flights were full both ways - we will set the alarm on release day and go for it! The flights were £220 each - Monarch before going bust had wanted £450 each! Jet2 seem reasonable and we have flown with them before, but awful times from Manchester.
I'd rather walk all the way to Kalkan in a pair of sky-high heels that pinch your toes than get on a Thomas Cook flight...
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
It's such a gamble these days isn't it.  I must confess to disliking Manchester airport so I am loathe to book Easyjet flights again despite them being pretty good this year and their response to the compensation claim being swift.

I am still having buyers remorse over the Ryan air flights I have for September ( Birmingham to Dublin, Dublin to Dalaman) - I am travelling with a Kalkan newbie and I want things to be smooth ( that said, this Kalkan newbie has already got a villa reserved for 2 weeks NEXT august!!)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 08:14:55 PM »
Cheapest 2019 flights I have seen advertised  in last  weeks   are BA out of Gatwick,   way cheaper than Leeds/Bradford & Manchester flights

Offline Gelin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »
Haybo, Liverpool have some morning flights on a Thursday. Also do a Monday later in the day. Worth looking at. Much smaller than Manchester.

Offline Gelin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »
Sorry Haybo, should have said EasyJet flights to Dalaman from Liverpool on Monday and Thursday.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
Hi all, I never realised we could book flights for next year yet . I’m trying to cheat here but I know you will help  :) I like an early morning flight ,mid May onwards from Gatwick . Please point me in the right direction.
Lynne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
easyJet wont release their first tranche of 2019 flights until September (which go up to June) then peak summer will be released in October and autumn flights November.
I think you have a lot more options from Gatwick, than we do at Manchester/Liverpool. I would just look on Sky Scanner if you want to price some flights for next year. I think you can also fly Turkish Airlines from London to Istanbul then domestic flight to Dalaman very cheaply if you check their website.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
EJ and BA seem to leave Gatwick around 15.15 afternoon getting to kalkan at near midnight!...not much goes out To Dalaman in the morning  TC do a 07.50 ..TUI will charge you the cost of a small countrys national debt for pretty meh times! Turkish air want to take you to Istanbul first..when I get on a plane I want to get off where I'm going! ::) We have had pretty shoddy service from all the airlines at some point so if I threw my toys out of the pram I wouldn't go anywhere so I guess its a case of suck it up and hope for the best... ;)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »
I agree Lizard after travelling premium economy this year with Thomas Cook from Birmingham with all its disappointments and vowing never to travel with them again guess what we've booked Thomas Cook. Only economy  this time but we're travelling from the East Midlands airport this time with decent flight times particularly the home flights when we actually arrive home in the afternoon and not the early hours of the morning like this year.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
Thank you everyone,I knew you would step up to the challenge
Lynne

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »
UK airlines would prefer to do the 'bucket and spade' package flights to the Costas first, leaving Turkey to the later times.  Unless you do TC at 0250 in the morning (I'm not sure if this is a late flight or an early one…).

Maybe Turkey visitors are older and can thus be relied on to be quietly civil and tolerant, rather than FB'ing every niggle to the world about how the family has been treated so-oo-oo-oo badly by the airlines, how unfair it all is and how they are never told anything.

If you want to get your blood pressure up, try finding YouTube videos on airline travel in the 50s and 60s. (…sigh!)

But then again perhaps not - it might give some of the airlines an excuse to charge extra for respect and consideration (you know who they are).

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
Maybe because you can fit more Spain flights in....Less fuel ,more passengers more onboard sales etc..cant say I have found Turkish visitors to be especially old? most of the flights have a fair sprinkling of kids..teens, middle aged and older passengers notice that not many go to Kalkan when bags are collected all inclusives in the big resorts are a better option for families and groups and work out cheaper..Saw on the BBC yesterday that Turkey this year is the number Two destination behind Spain..strange how wheels turn within  a couple of years after some airlines pulled flights because demand wasn't there,And the demise Of Monarch whos flights have not been replaced .This created a lot fewer flights and times for those that were looking for flights and has enabled the airlines to inflate prices under various excuses when we know greed is the driving factor. Did hear a rumour tha BA were putting more flights into Turkey but that seems to have died down..just as well if you want your luggage to holiday with you! >:D
I notice on this thread no one has said such and such an Airline were brilliant...I think we have all had pi$$ poor service at some point but with time and the need to get a decent timed flight at a lower cost than Donald Trumps Airforce one I tend to mellow and think Oh well lets try those again simply because of the lack of choice and options.Whoe are you blessing with your prescence next year Chris? you seem to dislike them all more than me ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:29:17 AM by Blue Lizard »

Offline Gelin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 12:25:16 AM »
Blue lizard, we have travelled to Dalaman from Manchester in the last couple of years on Monarch ( morning flights)  no problem with the service. Tui Dreamliner great plane and service by cabin crew and EasyJet, also morning flights. All very comparable. I suppose it all depends on the price you are willing to pay. You pay you your money and take your choice. What price for a a holiday in paradise?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2012 flights, when are they released - good daytime flights wanted! Best airline

Started by emmabroadhurst on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 09:23:35 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Oct flights.....

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post October 04, 2011, 04:29:15 PM
by alisonh
xx
Flights

Started by pw on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post April 30, 2019, 07:44:50 AM
by pw
xx
Flights

Started by fidimax on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0322.JPG

Views: 2736
By: fidimax
Fireworks at sea