Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello from an excited first-time Kalkan visitor!  (Read 2722 times)

Offline MrsC1701

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello from an excited first-time Kalkan visitor!
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
Hi!

I've already posted about transfers and travel but thought I would post a general hello.

My husband and I are staying in Kalkan in one of the Agni Travel properties (Villa Limyros) for 10 days end of Sept. We're really looking forward to it as it's a belated honeymoon and our first proper holiday in a few years. We scoured the internet finding somewhere for the 'perfect' holiday, found Kalkan right at the beginning and kept looking but came back to Kalkan!

We'd love any tips and advice for first timers to Kalkan - we want a chilled holiday but also want to get the best out of the area.

Some questions...

- Beach/beach clubs. We'll definitely be going to Patara and Kaputas for the odd daytrip but would also like to go to a beach club in Kalkan. Any recommendations for particular beach clubs or are they all pretty similar?
- Are there one or two decent fishmongers, butchers etc? We'll be mixing up eating out and BBQing/cooking in.
- I am a lover of a good G&T - we're going to Istanbul before Kalkan so it's not really practical for me to bring it with me from the UK. Will I be able to find some decent gin somewhere in Kalkan?

Thanks  :)
Ceri

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9183.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Hello from an excited first-time Kalkan visitor!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
Hi Ceri
I'm sure you've found the right place....

If you use the search facility on this forum you will find the answers to all your questions

Enjoy the forum and your holiday.....I expect you will catch 'the bug' like the rest of us

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
Dear Ceri ,

Thats really nice that you are coming to Kalkan.

You should see Saklıkent george, kaputaş beach, patara.

Kaş is only 30 min. drive from Kalkan. You should also come and see Kas for a day.

Boat trip is a must to do in Kalkan or Kas area. You can either do islands trip or kekova trip with boat.

For G&T you can find in Kalkan but I recommend you to buy from duty free or if you go to Meis Island 20 min. from Kas you can also get G&T from duty free.

Have a nice holiday

If you come to Kas please come and see me and we can have a G&T on my boat as well .
Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
Hi Ceri and welcome to the forum.
I envy you coming to Kalkan for the first time and seeing that amazing view for the first time as you round the "new road" . If you are coming in the daylight hours you are in for a treat. To answer your questions, there's a town beach in Kalkan - we love it, but its pebbles (BIG PEBBLES) and you will need Crocs, or similar if you are not to become the entertainment for the afternoon ;D There are several beach clubs - some livelier than others - we like Palm. You can get the free water taxi from the harbour to many of the beach clubs or free taxi to Kalamar.
You can buy fresh fish and fresh meat in Kalkan - apparently there's even more choice this year with a few new supermarkets opening up too.
You will be able to buy decent gin but it will be very expensive. Duty Free is best but appreciate that may be a problem. There is no slimline tonic in Kalkan - or Turkey generally. So be prepeared to drink the full fat version all holiday :)
Have a great stay!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline MrsC1701

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »
Thanks for the useful replies!

Think we'll be visiting the town beach, the beach club and Patara/Kaputas - plus Kas and a boat trip! I really want to try everything that those who know the area suggest.

Re. the gin, thinking we might just bring it into Turkey with us from the UK or buy it duty free when we arrive in Istanbul.

Thanks again  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
Hi Ceri
Another good beach club is the Mahal - lunches are great!  - you get a free boat from the harbour and they have several platforms with just two sunbeds on them - perfect for honeymooners I would think!  I'm sure you'll have a great time - perfect time of year and Kalkan is so relaxing - hilly mind you, but relaxing! Enjoy.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Record holder for 1st time visitor to Kalkan?

Started by kalkan wife on The Everything Else Area!

9 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 09:20:59 PM
by alantj
xx
First time visitor with kids

Started by Lucian5 on Introduce Yourself

10 Replies
Last post April 19, 2012, 07:34:56 PM
by Charlie
xx
New and very excited about Kalkan

Started by Evadee on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2010, 09:18:16 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Hello from an excited soon to visit Kalkan family

Started by The Warners on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 12:25:07 PM
by deepasforever1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal