Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2735 times)

Offline kookywooky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hello
« on: March 10, 2008, 10:26:02 PM »
Hi everyone, I''m new to the site so thought I should introduce myself.  I was planning a trip to Icmeler this year when someone on another forum suggested I should try Kalkan.  It''s our 30th wedding anniversry in July and we were looking for something special.  Have been looking at some photo''s on a website of Kalkan and it looks delightful.  Do you think I would be making the right choice for a romantic holiday?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1223.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
Hi Kookywooky...and a warm welcome to the forum to you too - I''m glad that you too have come across our little piece of paradise - Kalkan....I think that I (amongst others) might have responded to your post on the ''other'' forum (it wasn''t Trip Advisor by any chance was it... ;)) as I recall your post about Icmeler.  Having been to both - I think that Kalkan will be just the right choice for a romantic holiday - particularly if you like good food - with the plethora of fantastic romantic roof top restaurants and the lovely welcoming convivial atmosphere of the local people and the visitors to Kalkan - it will make for a memorable holiday!

Where are you thinking of staying...?  Anything else you want to know about - just shout!!

Enjoy!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
Welcome Kookywooky, having holidayed in Icmeler about 6 times, Kalkan is definitely the right choice for a romantic holiday. And yes Kalkan is pretty special, I''m sure you won''t be disappointed. And you won''t believe this but I''ve just realised it''s our 30th anniversary in July as well. What date is yours, ours is the 8th.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »
hi kooky...i can recommend Kalkan,..romance and all!!  balmy nights,candlelit restaurants...you won''t regret it!! but be prepared to go every year after youv''e been once it will get you   ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
Hello Kookywooky,

We went to Icmeler about 5 years ago and enjoyed the walk down by the canal in the evenings and the restaurants there. Kalkan is much more intimate though, smaller and a class apart but still really friendly. There are some very romantic restaurants with rooftop views and the food is definitely better. Perfect for your anniversary. Hope you have a great time.

Bevjam

Carpe diem

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »
Kalkan is differant to Icemelar, it is hilly hence you get good view, it doesnt have a beach like Icemilar, but super beach clubs much nicer I think, look up Kalamar , Palm, Yali, to name a few beach clubs, Quality of food much better,lovely little harbour edged with places to eat, or rooftops and candle light, a few small bars to sit and people watch, a few good quality shops, a local market, a village welcome feel, not as pushy but a big smile and hello. Plenty of places near by for day trips, but lazy day at see fantastic. Lots of very good hotels, we are early 50''s and it has everything we want and nothing we dont. Give it a try you will be pleased you did.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views of Kalkan

Views: 3002
By: tramline
Guess Where?