Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 5745 times)

Offline atasoyh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi all
« on: July 15, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
Hi All,

I'll be able to work remotely in August. So I started to make a plan for August. My aim is finding somewhere which should be good for swimming in the morning, working between 10am-6pm, then spending free time for attractions.

I've been in Kas(6-7 times), Cesme, Fethiye, Bodrum,.... I always heard about Kalkan is nice. But that's all.
I was researching about Kalkan and I was expecting to find some turkish comments about Kalkan. Surprisingly I found this english forum. I'm Turkish(from antalya) and live in London. Happy to find here:)

How can I spend my time there? Probably, I'll find in the forum:)
Is there any good place to work? internet and air condition are musts:)
If I stay in Kalkan, Do I need to go Kas to spend my time?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14020.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
Hi atasoyh and welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking form your post, that you've never been to Kalkan before? Would it be possible for you to maybe book a few days/holiday there before you commit to settling in Kalkan? You'd get the feel of things a bit then.

There are certainly many things to do and see in Kalkan but we kind of look at it from a tourist perspective. Maybe one of the residents on this forum could help you out there. Regarding work, I'm presuming you mean somewhere to rent? There certainly  seems accomodation that take on long term rentals, or do you mean office space? Again maybe one of the residents could give you advice on that aspect.

You'll definitely be able to have an early morning swim, and Kalkan has a lovely vibe to chill and relax in the evenings. You definitely will not need to visit Kas to spend your time as Kalkan has plenty of it's own attractions however it does get quiet over winter so you may wish to spend more time in Kas or Fethiye over the winter period.

Hope this helps a little but I'm sure someone on here who lives in Kalkan will be able to help more.

Offline monthehoops

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick, atasoyh is looking to spend August out of London but continue to work remotely during the day.
Atasoyh, there are plenty apartments and villas to rent with pools and internet access. Try posting on the Friends of Kalkan (accommodation) fb page

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
No it's probably me that read it wrong. Thanks monthehoops.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal